• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Race to the first i4

Sorry chaps, finally bailed on the i4. Not ruling out looking again in a couple of years at a used one or maybe a higher performance version but for me the future is a Mantis Green 650s.

Good luck to you all and I will look in occasionally.

Sorry chaps, finally bailed on the i4. Not ruling out looking again in a couple of years at a used one or maybe a higher performance version but for me the future is a Mantis Green 650s.

Good luck to you all and I will look in
Good luck to you Cutting42 as well. I have calculated that at UK list prices of Emira i4 FE and 650S (which I also find to be extremely desirable), the latter is 2.7 times more expensive 👀👀👀👀 so they are rather hard to compare as alternatives (according to my certified public accountant, and also (separately) my dear wife of the past 40+ years and counting) 🤣🤣🤣

In other words; it will be possible to purchase nearly three Emira i4 FE for the price of one 650S 🤪🐎🦅🦘🥰 (of course with the rates McLarens tend to drop in price, and also possibly offer discounts, you may be lucky 🍀 to lower that number to 2 x Emira i4 FE.)

Last edited:
It feels fast
Great to hear you'll be off the leash soon. Less than a week to wait for my own test drive experience now but it would still be great to hear your thoughts. How are you finding the manual shifts?

Good luck to you Cutting42 as well. I have calculated that at UK list prices of Emira i4 FE and 650S (which I also find to be extremely desirable), the latter is 2.7 times more expensive 👀👀👀👀 so they are rather hard to compare as alternatives (according to my certified public accountant, and also (separately) my dear wife of the past 40+ years and counting) 🤣🤣🤣

In other words; it will be possible to purchase nearly three Emira i4 FE for the price of one 650S 🤪🐎🦅🦘🥰 (of course with the rates McLarens tend to drop in price, and also possibly offer discounts, you may be lucky 🍀 to lower that number to 2 x Emira i4 FE.)

Yeah I could not run to a new 650s (well they stopped making them a while back) and with all the carbon options on the one I am buying list would have been nearly £300k. Mine dates from 2015 and cost about £3k more than my Emira would have.

Great to hear you'll be off the leash soon. Less than a week to wait for my own test drive experience now but it would still be great to hear your thoughts. How are you finding the manual shifts?
The manual shifts seem fine to me. Not instant but not what I’d call a long delay either. I don’t have experience of other DCT cars, so I don’t have that reference to compare.

In Auto mode, if you hit a paddle it will change and go into manual mode, but then if you don’t manually change for some time (20s I believe) it will revert to manual. If you use the gear selector the car will remain in manual permanently.

Launch mode is easy to activate, but I haven’t tried it yet. I rolled on full power with the whole rev range several times yesterday. It’s a fast car, you don’t need more on the road IMO.

Good luck to you all and I will look in occasionally.
Best of Luck! I think you made the right decision. A 650s is superior to i4 Emira. Unfortunately, I don't think the used super car prices in N/A are as good as in the UK!! If I was there I would probably do the same. Enjoy it!

Many thanks for the update on this. I have experience of the BMW and Audi DCTs so it will be interesting to see how the AMG stacks up during my test drive.

Just had this from Oakmere. Looks like the i4 will come with the three year service package bundled in, which is nice

“Further to our recent communication regarding the exciting news that your Emira I4 is due imminently, I have great pleasure in informing you that in celebration of the launch, all Turbocharged Emiras delivered during the month of March will come with a 3 year service plan free of charge. Excellent news I’m sure that you’ll agree !

As promised, when we have further news of the arrival of your cars, either myself or my colleague will be in touch.”

Looks like the i4 will come with the three year service package bundled in,
Good news! I really hope this will be offered through all dealerships. I will ask B&C when I'm there on Friday.

I’ve also just been quoted by Ford Insurance adding it to my existing policy for £394 which is pretty good (admittedly in a low insurance area in Cheshire)

Just had this from Oakmere. Looks like the i4 will come with the three year service package bundled in, which is nice

“Further to our recent communication regarding the exciting news that your Emira I4 is due imminently, I have great pleasure in informing you that in celebration of the launch, all Turbocharged Emiras delivered during the month of March will come with a 3 year service plan free of charge. Excellent news I’m sure that you’ll agree !

As promised, when we have further news of the arrival of your cars, either myself or my colleague will be in touch.”
I note it is limited to March deliveries only though... if my car ends up being delivered in say April that's going to be a tad frustrating!(assuming this isn't some Oakmere only thing which would count me out anyway)

I dropped a note to Lotus CC asking if there was any update on my car and got a quick reply back saying that they're in the process of reaching out to customers to complete checkout and that I should receive my email shortly.

🤞

Had the same, bonus, saves £2700 I think, is it 2 services or 3 to cover the 3 year period?

I just received this email - looks like all UK I4 orders are being progressed now...

1709575527064.png

1709575586604.png