• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Race to the first i4

Just had a call from Bell Colvill. I4 demo offered
I also had a call around 5:30. Unfortunately I couldn’t take it but they left a message to say the demo car is due in early March and they are taking bookings. It almost feels like the end of the race is in sight!

Well, I now have a test drive booked for 11am next Friday. Exciting times!
Exciting indeed! I'm starting to let myself believe that the end of the tunnel may nearly be in sight (but of course still keeping myself prepared for further disappointment).

I've been in touch with JCT600 and they've said they're expecting their demonstrator very soon, nothing booked in yet but they said they'll be in touch when it arrives.

Lotus southampton expecting i4 in next few days. They are to call me as soon as I can book a test drive. Just hope this is going to happen. Won’t believe it until I’m sitting in the car!

Just had a call from Lotus to say that my i4 order, that I cancelled in December (deposit refunded, after being dicked around and waiting over two and a half years for), is going to be ready for one of the first i4 deliveries this month if I want it!!! WTF! The emotional roller coaster starts again! Dunno What I'm gonna do ! o_O

Just had a call from Lotus to say that my i4 order, that I cancelled in December (deposit refunded, after being dicked around and waiting over two and a half years for), is going to be ready for one of the first i4 deliveries this month if I want it!!! WTF! The emotional roller coaster starts again! Dunno What I'm gonna do ! o_O
This makes me think that there are going to be quite a number of orphaned i4s Up for grabs.

Just had a call from Oakmere Lotus to say my car is built and will be on a truck soon if its not already on route, havn't heard anything for months and didn't know is was built! Collection this month then......

Go for it without hesitation if it is at all possible In your current situation.

This makes me think that there are going to be quite a number of orphaned i4s Up for grabs.
The tide is turning In favor of i4, and this will be an opportunity for many; even though some may have “jumped ship” along the way😇

Super torn. I am a hairsbreadth from pulling the trigger on a 650s and cancelling the i4. Decision on a knife edge.

Super torn. I am a hairsbreadth from pulling the trigger on a 650s and cancelling the i4. Decision on a knife edge.
The Emira is nice but it's not Macca nice :cool: . The fabled costs of ownership would be the only thing scaring me off!

The Emira is nice but it's not Macca nice :cool: . The fabled costs of ownership would be the only thing scaring me off!

Yeah, it is scary but getting a Thorney warranty helps and regular service costs are comparable to the Lotus quoted costs. Actually cheaper to insure for me at £530 that the Lotus at £670.

Yeah, it is scary but getting a Thorney warranty helps and regular service costs are comparable to the Lotus quoted costs. Actually cheaper to insure for me at £530 that the Lotus at £670.
Nice one. That's the man-maths covered. Emira vs 650s is an enviable dilemma to have.

Just had a call from Oakmere Lotus to say my car is built and will be on a truck soon if its not already on route, havn't heard anything for months and didn't know is was built! Collection this month then......
Yep me too. They rang me today to say they have 31 on the way in tne next month. I have a chassis number and it should be with me within a month.

Looking forward to UK and Australian owner impressions. I’m loving my I4 and it hasn’t (touch wood) missed a beat thus far.

Will be interesting to see if there are any measurable performance differences between the China and ROW I4.

Looking forward to UK and Australian owner impressions. I’m loving my I4 and it hasn’t (touch wood) missed a beat thus far.

Will be interesting to see if there are any measurable performance differences between the China and ROW I4.

I am soon expecting to give you impressions on the Japan market I4 FE too (knock-on-wood) 😇😍🤩🤪🤣🤩🤪🤣😍😇

Yep me too. They rang me today to say they have 31 on the way in tne next month. I have a chassis number and it should be with me within a month.
See who’s first with a photo of the thing! 😀

I am soon expecting to give you impressions on the Japan market I4 FE too (knock-on-wood) 😇😍🤩🤪🤣🤩🤪🤣😍😇
My bad :rolleyes: Yes Japan I4 impressions too, not long now;)

I’m now officially run in and have started to unleash the full beans :cool: 🥳

Attachments

• IMG_5570.jpeg
    IMG_5570.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: