• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Scorpion Auto tracker registration

VT24SEP

Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to the forum and have already learnt astonishing amount of stuff here - grateful to the ones who created the space and all the members who share so much.

After scanning through the forum, I couldn't find a solution for Scorpio tracker issue I have (UK). I have all the paperwork and the fobs etc. but the dealer says, call Scorpion auto to register, Scorpion says call Lotus as its manufacturer installed , Lotus says ask dealer and scorpion also says that Lotus need to assign it to the car, only then, will they see it on their system. Finally, Lotus call center says, we don't have a clue, it should be Scorpion. There is a email address and phone on scorpion card in the car but that doesn't work. In a nutshell, has anyone my head is spinning - after going around in circles

Has anyone faced this and is there a way to get the device registered ?

My opinion is - both Scorpion & the dealer are at fault here and could do more to assist. Which dealership are you using?

I experienced a similar issue with my Emira, although I had the tracker details and the Lotus login + account set up. I rang scorpion and they attempted to ping the car, but it didn't respond. Scorpion then came out and replaced the tracker for free and made sure the app was set up and fully functioning.

Hello All, I am new to the forum and have already learnt astonishing amount of stuff here - grateful to the ones who created the space and all the members who share so much.

After scanning through the forum, I couldn't find a solution for Scorpio tracker issue I have (UK). I have all the paperwork and the fobs etc. but the dealer says, call Scorpion auto to register, Scorpion says call Lotus as its manufacturer installed , Lotus says ask dealer and scorpion also says that Lotus need to assign it to the car, only then, will they see it on their system. Finally, Lotus call center says, we don't have a clue, it should be Scorpion. There is a email address and phone on scorpion card in the car but that doesn't work. In a nutshell, has anyone my head is spinning - after going around in circles

This is what I used and my tracker and fob are all working. https://scorpiontrack.com/new-vehicle-owner/

Have to say my dealer (Lotus Silverstone) did all this for me. Even showed me it all working on the App on day of pick up. I would go back to the dealer.

This is what I used and my tracker and fob are all working. https://scorpiontrack.com/new-vehicle-owner/
This ===^^ for a quick fix and since a recent app update the phone tag option doesn't work in conjunction with Apple CarPlay (there's now a note in the app to that effect) so expect (has your car been nicked!) calls if you don't have the physical tag with you..... :rolleyes:

My Dealer (Lotus Essex) set it all up. They are also Scorpion fitters so know what to do.
I got the Lotus Scorpion account details 4 days before I picked the car up and installed the app straight away. Make sure you install the Lotus Vehicle Tracker app rather than Scorpion's own app.
I even tracked my car being taken to a petrol station on the morning of pickup.

None of the above helps you but maybe give Lotus Essex a call to see if they can offer any advice?

The email address on my ScorpionTrack card is [email protected] and I read elsewhere someone saying that one doesn't work anymore. The customer care email address on the Lotus website is [email protected] so I'm assuming this replaced the previous one and the tracker cards are old ones being used up.

Interestingly the Scorpion website has a slightly different telephone number to use in case of theft (01257 240 945) to the one on the card (01257 249 945). Maybe a typo on the website?

My opinion is - both Scorpion & the dealer are at fault here and could do more to assist. Which dealership are you using?

I experienced a similar issue with my Emira, although I had the tracker details and the Lotus login + account set up. I rang scorpion and they attempted to ping the car, but it didn't respond. Scorpion then came out and replaced the tracker for free and made sure the app was set up and fully functioning.
The dealer is B&C near leatherhead. They called Scorpion technical helpline after I couldn't get anything to work. Finally, sorted the techies were able to activate and I was able to login in just now. Thank you!

The dealer is B&C near leatherhead. They called Scorpion technical helpline after I couldn't get anything to work. Finally, sorted the techies were able to activate and I was able to login in just now. Thank you!
That's the dealer I use. I didn't purchase from there, so only had experience with the service dept - (Phil Marking) and so far he's been excellent and very helpful!

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted.

My Dealer (Lotus Essex) set it all up. They are also Scorpion fitters so know what to do.
I got the Lotus Scorpion account details 4 days before I picked the car up and installed the app straight away. Make sure you install the Lotus Vehicle Tracker app rather than Scorpion's own app.
I even tracked my car being taken to a petrol station on the morning of pickup.

None of the above helps you but maybe give Lotus Essex a call to see if they can offer any advice?

The email address on my ScorpionTrack card is [email protected] and I read elsewhere someone saying that one doesn't work anymore. The customer care email address on the Lotus website is [email protected] so I'm assuming this replaced the previous one and the tracker cards are old ones being used up.

Interestingly the Scorpion website has a slightly different telephone number to use in case of theft (01257 240 945) to the one on the card (01257 249 945). Maybe a typo on the website?
A very helpful tip on the "correct APP" - as the Scorpion app wasn't accepting my details. Regarding number for tech support i called (01257249928) and that team was efficient.

I had the same issue. As pointed out by someone else you need to ignore the Scorpion app and use the Lotus app instead.

Thanks , all sorted. Series of snags and redundant emails and phone numbers on the paperwork didn't help.