Spacers anybody?

jamesgareth

Reaction score
Again if you've had this conversation a million times can somebody please send the link. Thanks.

So.

Spacers.

Some love'em - some hate'em. What's the general consensus here? Anybody have them on? What size did you go for? Like the look? Notice any changes in handling? What do the hard-core Lotus people think? Got any pictures?

I was looking at the configurator and the way they show it the cars in there not only look like they've got spacers - but that they're also lowered (so Lotus themselves obviously don't have any objections - at least to the look - see below that's got spacers on it right?).

Not sure I want to lower mine - but I was thinking maybe some slight spacers? 15mm tops? 10mm all round? Slightly more at the back?

this one.png

Any thoughts please send them in.

Cheers.

Again if you've had this conversation a million times can somebody please send the link. Thanks.

So.

Spacers.

Some love'em - some hate'em. What's the general consensus here? Anybody have them on? What size did you go for? Like the look? Notice any changes in handling? What do the hard-core Lotus people think? Got any pictures?

I was looking at the configurator and the way they show it the cars in there not only look like they've got spacers - but that they're also lowered (so Lotus themselves obviously don't have any objections - at least to the look - see below that's got spacers on it right?).

Not sure I want to lower mine - but I was thinking maybe some slight spacers? 15mm tops? 10mm all round? Slightly more at the back?

View attachment 53696

Cheers.
Forget this thread - I've seen this has been covered earlier this month. I'll go read all about it there.

So.

Spacers.

Cheers.
You can go as much as 15 in the front and 12 in the back if you lowered, if not 12 is the safest bet for both front and rear. Mine is lowered with a 2 fingers gap and 12 all around. Pretty similar to the demo on the configurator.

IMG_5988.JPG

It seems the general consensus is that 12 mm spacer would be the best option since it's hub centric. Going anything below that would have risks of vibration. But it will also stick out a little bit if not lowered.

does anyone know if there are 5mm or 10mm spacers that are also hub centric? I know the 12mms are hub centric, but I don't want the wheels out that wide.

It seems the general consensus is that 12 mm spacer would be the best option since it's hub centric. Going anything below that would have risks of vibration. But it will also stick out a little bit if not lowered.
There's only a risk of vibration with a non-hubcentric ring if you don't snug up the lug nuts progressively and hand twist the wheel to promote centering. Pretty straightforward process but it does require attention to get right.

does anyone know if there are 5mm or 10mm spacers that are also hub centric? I know the 12mms are hub centric, but I don't want the wheels out that wide.

I just ordered these from the link below. They're made by PCD, a brand that I have purchased in the past. I have another version of PCD spacers currently on my Emira and I never experienced any vibration. The reason I'm switching to these new ones, is mainly because they are lighter weight. I ordered 10mm for front and 12mm for the rear wheels.

Hope this is helpful.

I just ordered these from the link below. They're made by PCD, a brand that I have purchased in the past. I have another version of PCD spacers currently on my Emira and I never experienced any vibration. The reason I'm switching to these new ones, is mainly because they are lighter weight. I ordered 10mm for front and 12mm for the rear wheels.

Hope this is helpful.
Do you know if the spacers have a valid TÜV report? Its mentioned on the website, but I can find reports only for the nuts.

Thanks

Do you know if the spacers have a valid TÜV report? Its mentioned on the website, but I can find reports only for the nuts.

Thanks
I don't, but since the spacers appear to be made by PCD, perhaps the best way is to contact them rather than the seller, Bonoss. I obtained my first order from them directly having e-mailed Charlotte at [email protected] . She was knowledgeable and very helpful. Here's the contact information, so you could try to obtain the report from them directly, if available.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back