• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering wheel starts shaking, when brakes are warm

DST904

Reaction score
Hello,
does anyone have the following problem:
When the brakes are warm, the steering wheel starts to shake. But this stops again when the brake cools down. Tomorrow I'll drive the Nordschleife and see what it's like when the brakes get really hot
Detlef

Hello,
does anyone have the following problem:
When the brakes are warm, the steering wheel starts to shake. But this stops again when the brake cools down. Tomorrow I'll drive the Nordschleife and see what it's like when the brakes get really hot
Detlef
That doesn't sound safe at all, especially on the track, and the Nordschleife of all places!

Yes, I think so too and I probably won't drive the NOS either. The guys from Komotec have their company on the Ring. I'll probably ask them

That is very strange. I can't imagine that the rotors warp only when hot. They usually warp over time and stay that way hot or cold.

Are they shaking during braking? Or shaking all the time after the brakes are warm?