• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Stock Emira Wheels and Tires

I haven't decided when the i4 will be delivered, but I placed a special order for forged wheels today.
I was also hesitant about the BBS type, but decided on a simple 5-spoke design.
The base color of the wheel is dark gunmetal, with a yellow line in the center of the spokes to match EMIRA's body color.
The weight of the wheels is 10.3kg at the front and 10.6kg at the rear, and the load capacity is said to be 850kg. Delivery will take approximately 1 month.View attachment 34523View attachment 34524View attachment 34525
So, I just ordered a set of these, thank you 09Cayman :)

A note for anyone doing this, the published spigot hub diameter on wheel-size .com is wrong. They state that the front hubs have a slightly larger boss (69.1mm) as apposed to the rear (68.1mm) this is NOT correct, Front and Rear are all 68.1mm. The spigot on the hub actually measures 67.97mm

The Chinese company seem very helpful. I was even able to slightly alter the design. As they are machined from forged blanks (CNC) it's possible for them to make bespoke changes. I didn't want the wheels to be handed, as on the Ferrari 458 they're copied from. on that car, where the spoke meets the rim, they're asymmetrical, ie, the leading and trailing edges have differing radii (see pic)
So I photoshopped an image showing that I wanted it symetrical, and they're changing the CNC program to acheive that for me, as per second image.

I gave them all the info, centre cap attachment dims etc, hub/spigot dims, ET, PCD etc etc.
They didn't charge any extra for the changes. wheels were all priced at $217 USD each, despite the rears being bigger. $475 shipping. So the whole lot was £1100 GBP shipped, obviously plus any duty and tax at my end.

So time will tell how they turn out, fingers crossed. At that price, I'm prepared to take the risk.
original.jpg
symetrical spoke.jpg

Last edited:

A note for anyone doing this, the published spigot hub diameter on wheel-size .com is wrong. They state that the front hubs have a slightly larger boss (69.1mm) as apposed to the rear (68.1mm) this is not correct, Front and Rear are all 68.1mm. The spigot actually measures 67.97mm

The Chinese company seem very helpful. I was even able to slightly alter the design. As they are machined from forged blanks (CNC) it's possible for them to make bespoke changes. I didn't want the wheels to be handed, as on the Ferrari 458 they're copied from. on that car, where the spoke meets the rim, they're asymmetrical, ie, the leading and trailing edges have differing radii (see pic)
So I photoshopped an image showing that I wanted it symetrical, and they're changing the CNC program to acheive that for me, as per second image.

I gave them all the info, centre cap attachment dims etc, hub/spigot dims, ET, PCD etc etc.
They didn't charge any extra for the changes. wheels were all priced at $217 each, despite the rears being bigger. $475 shipping. So the whole lot was £1100 shipped, obviously plus any duty and tax at my end.

So time will tell how they turn out, fingers crossed. At that price, I'm prepared to take the risk.
View attachment 35137View attachment 35139
That's an incredibly low price for all that. Hopefully the wheels themselves, and the finish are good quality and hold up to daily use. Please weigh them when you actually get them, and let us know.

That's an incredibly low price for all that. Hopefully the wheels themselves, and the finish are good quality and hold up to daily use. Please weigh them when you actually get them, and let us know.
Have you watched the manufacturing videos on their site? Assuming it's real (really them), it all looks very good. As I said, at that price, I'm prepared for any outcome.

The person I spoke to knew about the order from 09Cayman, even remembered the colour of his car.

centre cap locating detail

Attachments

• dims.jpg
    dims.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2794.PNG
    IMG_2794.PNG
    427.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

A note for anyone doing this, the published spigot hub diameter on wheel-size .com is wrong. They state that the front hubs have a slightly larger boss (69.1mm) as apposed to the rear (68.1mm) this is not correct, Front and Rear are all 68.1mm. The spigot actually measures 67.97mm

They didn't charge any extra for the changes. wheels were all priced at $217 each, despite the rears being bigger. $475 shipping. So the whole lot was £1100 shipped, obviously plus any duty and tax at my end.

View attachment 35137View attachment 35139
Hi Jon.
The center bore size was 68.1mm.
I looked at the information on the internet and was told it was 69.1mm, but I contacted them today to have it corrected to 68.1mm.
I hope I can make it in time for the forged wheel manufacturing process...

The Audi I currently own has forged wheels manufactured in China, and there are no problems with their durability.
There is no problem with wheel balance accuracy.

The price of the product, including shipping costs, was attractive, so I took the risk and ordered it, but I was satisfied with the product.

I'm waiting for delivery of my i4, so even if the wheels arrive, I won't be able to put them on. Please upload a picture with the new wheels installed.
I am looking forward to.

Hi Jon.
The center bore size was 68.1mm.
I looked at the information on the internet and was told it was 69.1mm, but I contacted them today to have it corrected to 68.1mm.
I hope I can make it in time for the forged wheel manufacturing process...

The Audi I currently own has forged wheels manufactured in China, and there are no problems with their durability.
There is no problem with wheel balance accuracy.

The price of the product, including shipping costs, was attractive, so I took the risk and ordered it, but I was satisfied with the product.

I'm waiting for delivery of my i4, so even if the wheels arrive, I won't be able to put them on. Please upload a picture with the new wheels installed.
I am looking forward to.
Of course, I will post as soon as they arrive.

Thanks again for the link, very helpfull / usefull.

Last edited:
yes.
This is a forged wheel made in China.
Wheels are machined from forged aluminum blocks by a machining center, so they are all made to order.
They create wheels with the customer's preferred design.
Painting can also be requested.
For your reference, I will post the website (URL) of the manufacturer I ordered from.

Do you have experience with this company? Honestly this will probably not work out well for you if you’re buying random Alibaba wheels. Wheels are a safety item and the purity of the alloy is paramount. Good luck. I hope it works out for you. People on different car forums I’m on have tried that though and been burned.

Edit just clicked your link. That’s an export company founded in 2023. They are manufacturing the wheels with a third party. You’re likely speaking to a recent college graduate who majored in business English selling you the wheels. The 850kg load is a huge red flag for a car like Emira.

It’s way too high and if they’re recommending that it’s either they don’t know better or they do and they’re trying to overload them to account for an impure alloy.

Either way, Emira is a 100k car, not an economy commuter, buy wheels from someone who knows that they’re doing. Obviously IMHO and YMMV.

To be clear, wheels made in China if made under engineering and quality supervision by someone who knows that they’re doing (usually in the U.S.) are fine. You’re rolling the dice on a 100sq meter office that outsources everything. I think you’re crazy but good luck to you (I own factories in China btw so have no issue with Chinese manufacturing. I just know very well the different types of places and I would recommend you get your money back).

Last edited:
Reactions: AP1
TEAM AMERICA, Fuck Yeah.

Thank God the US eh. :)
I don’t really get your point. You read the rest of my post? Seems like a silly detail to focus on when the underlying point is that your sales girl knows nothing about making wheels and is just outsourcing them as cheap as possible. I hope you never travel with passengers.

I don’t really get your point. You read the rest of my post? Seems like a silly detail to focus on when the underlying point is that your sales girl knows nothing about making wheels and is just outsourcing them as cheap as possible. I hope you never travel with passengers.
I think you need to chill.
I stated that being China, who knows! We'll see what they're like if and when they arrive.

My point was, the incredibly condescending comment that only a company being baby-sat by the mighty US could be trusted with such technical issues.
Remind me again where all the exotica comes from, or ALL of Formula One!
Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls, Merc, Red Bull, McLaren, all probably feel quite capable without the magic guiding hand of the US. Just sayin.

Last edited:
I stated that being China, who knows! We'll see what they're like if and when they arrive.

My point was, the incredibly condescending comment that only a company being baby-sat by the mighty US could be trusted with such technical issues. Remind me where all the exotica comes from again, or ALL of Formula One!
Pagani, Konigsseg, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls, Merc, Red Bull, McLaren, all probably feel quite capable without the magic guiding hand of the US. Just sayin.
I didn’t say only the U.S. lol. I said usually U.S. because this is a U.S. biased forum and that was likely to resonate. To be clear, it could be from anywhere. I think it’s funny you’re latching onto that.

That’s fine. You’ve clearly never manufactured in China. I was trying to offer you the benefit of my experience manufacturing there for the last 25 years but clearly you know best, so good luck to you.

I agree with everything Freddie said just maybe not the tone in which it’s being delivered. I’m just not sure why you’d take the risk — even at a low price point like this.

I agree with everything Freddie said just maybe not the tone in which it’s being delivered. I’m just not sure why you’d take the risk — even at a low price point like this.
Thank you. I genuinely wasn’t trying to have a negative tone but I see how that came across. I just have a lot of experience in this area and was trying to be helpful.

To your point, it’s a bigger risk than I would take with my life or the lives of my loved ones. Wheels are not CF trim where if it fails nothing really happens, if your wheel fails at 80mph you will likely die. It’s a serious risk and my tone was a reflection of that.

I genuinely hope it works out for everyone involved.

Can anyone else confirm the CB being different axle to axle? Everything I've read says they're different but I don't really want to get wheels that don't fit.

My point was, the incredibly condescending comment that only a company being baby-sat by the mighty US could be trusted with such technical issues. Remind me where all the exotica comes from again, or ALL of Formula One!
Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls, Merc, Red Bull, McLaren, all probably feel quite capable without the magic guiding hand of the US. Just sayin.
Feels like the level of personal resentment you're harboring toward the US and toward Americans is clouding both your judgement and your ability to communicate. If anything, it's actually worse than the other guy's shit attitude about China. Well done, you've achieved a forum low.

That being said, the wheels look great and I hope they work well for you. I'll be following your experience and outcome with interest.

Feels like the level of personal resentment you're harboring toward the US and toward Americans is clouding both your judgement and your ability to communicate. If anything, it's actually worse than the other guy's shit attitude about China. Well done, you've achieved a forum low.

That being said, the wheels look great and I hope they work well for you. I'll be following your experience and outcome with interest.
Nice to see you missed the point completely.

Happy new year.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back