• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Suspension: Touring and Sports options

Featured
Emira Sports suspension is closest to Evora GT410 and US-spec Evora GT. GT410 Sport and GT430/GT430 Sport are slightly stiffer (and some are fitted with optional adjustable suspension). None are as stiff as a V6 Exige.

Correct. Sports isn't going to kill your back or rattle the car to pieces. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the sport suspension is even a bit softer than the Evora GT430/US GT, since the Emira seems to be toned down a bit (especially with the Goodyears). Touring is aimed for those planning to daily drive their Emira through town. It'll certainly be firmer than than your quiet luxury Lexus ride, but it'll still be comfortable for those not used to, or wanting, a dialed in sports car suspension that feels every bump (which some of us actually like).
This one post finalized my sport choice. Thank you @VL3X!

Now on to privacy glass or not…

I was just wondering because @TomE wrote that sport suspension is closest to the "Evora GT 410", and not "Evora GT 410 Sport", but I don't know how big the difference between those two Evoras is.

Edit: Ok, @TomE was faster than me now :D

I placed my deposit last July and I'm eagerly awaiting for the dealer to contact me back. I've been pretty much set with the specs of the car from the beginning, except the suspension. This will be by 3rd, or perhaps even 4th car. Not a daily but occasionally a daily (lets say Fridays). I hate traffic in Miami (or any large city) so much I seriously considered (and still do at times) an automatic box. Nevertheless I'm really torn with the suspension. I highly dislike cars with ultra hard/stiff suspensions. Realistically speaking, this car is most of the time going to be driven on the street, by far, probably on the weekends. On the other hand I'm almost quite a track rat. I do like to track my cars, and have been doing it for years. I have a manual e92 M3 with aftermarket springs and slightly lowered suspension, and is kind of painful to drive if the streets are not nice. What I've read so far is... Track car: Sport suspension. Daily: Touring suspension. Well I'm really kind of neither, or a little bit of both. I really wonder how much more fun (most important) or much faster (least important, but nice) would be the sport suspension on the track, or how painful it would be on the street. I'd be nice to know track times between both suspensions (again, I'm not racing but most people that tracks cars care about this) and how the car feels. Let says, If it's 5 tenths a lap faster in a medium length track and both are well planted, I'd likely go for the softer suspension... who cares about that lost time if not competing. I'd love to test drive them but I might not have a chance. Anyone in a similar situation?

Last edited:
Nobody really knows until driven but Sports sounds ideal for you. It’s the setup that will give you the most feel and feedback without being overly firm. As mentioned previously, watch Evora 410 GT Sport reviews for an idea.

Nobody really knows until driven but Sports sounds ideal for you. It’s the setup that will give you the most feel and feedback without being overly firm. As mentioned previously, watch Evora 410 GT Sport reviews for an idea.
I agree.
i have the Evora 410 Sport with Sport suspension and I find it ok on the road.
I asked the question 2 weeks ago when one of the technicians of Lotus came to town and having driven the Emira he said that Sport in the Emira is a little bit softer than in the Evora 410, therefore even if I don't track I have gone Sport in the Emira.

hope this helps

Wanted to add this bit of information from a factory tour attendee named Piers:

Spring Rates:

Touring Front: 55 Nm/mm
Touring Rear: 110 Nm/mm

Sports Front: 60 Nm/mm
Sports Rear: 115 Nm/mm

My thoughts:
- This doesn't mean anything relative to other cars without knowing anything about motion ratios front and rear.
- This does tell us that sports spring rates are just a hair stiffer than touring. 4-9% increase is very minor and nothing like a jump from say a GT3 to a GT3 RS where spring rates increase 120% up front and 33% in the rear.
- Likely the majority of the ride feel is going to be a combination of damper curves, bushing stiffness, and potentially anti rollbar.
- Opinion: Stiffer bushings will contribute to the most amount of chassis feedback for the sports package but will significantly increase NVH.
- Opinion: A more digressive shock curve would make sense for the sports package and would allow for better turn-in feel at the cost of harsher ride street ride quality.
- Opinion: Some people are saying the sports suspension is for "primarily track", I think I might disagree. It sounds to me like the touring is good for an everyday sports car while the sports is good for the occasional track day. Meanwhile I doubt either car is setup for "primarily track". This makes the most sense to me as this car is a GT car.

That is interesting. Looking at that I'd agree most of the chassis track orientation will come from harder bushes and slightly thicker anti roll bars. I've never had a road car that has benefited from 'upgrading' either of those (unless it had a jelly for a chassis), so seems like Touring is a good shout.

I've just had the pleasure in driving a maclaren 600LT for a half hour spirited drive around some standard Welsh roads. Whilst I got in thinking I was going to have my fillings rattled out, it was amazingly comfortable/compliant.
If my Emira comes close to that (suspension /ride) I will be very happy indeed.
I fully appreciate there will be no comparison in speed... 600LT was in a word 'ballistic'! And I appreciate the £ difference.

Sweet. Try now to think how mad a 765LT is !!!

Can't knock those LT variants. I am confident the Emira will match it in many ways other than power and straight line rocketing.

I can only imagine it is totally bonkers...right before the rear wheels light up and you stick it in a hedge!

The 600Lt was the fastest thing I have driven. for pure response and mind bogglingness! It also felt like you wouldn't want to miss a service...just seemed so highly strung...wouldn't want anything to go bang!

Looking forward to my liveable power and delivery in the emira.

The seats were a query in my mind, but that it starting to be allayed. Now its just wanting to feel the suspension set up. I just dont want a hard ride. Never owned a lotus so never felt their magic!

Anyone have a clear screen cap of the rear Emira suspension control arm and pickup points?

Does this help?

Emira rear suspension.png

He's operating the foot pedal that raises the car.

He's operating the foot pedal that raises the car.
Talking of foot pedal…… anyone got a photo of the sports pedals in the Emira!? Not seen anyone mention that yet! Are they metallic?

Harry's garage has a brilliant back to back with the tour and sport suspension from around 12:30 onwards.
Interesting how he describes the sport as harsh over B roads and the tour floating over it. It goes hand in hand with what we've been hearing with track bias vs road bias respectively. Interesting the response he had from Gavin re damping too. Much bigger difference between the two than expected!

Also road noise - makes sense but I didn't think the Cup2 would be quite as much louder than the Goodyears.