• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Tillet B10 installed

Alan28

Reaction score
Just installed a Tillet B10 seat and could not be happier. Made a trip to Greg’s Raceparts in Reno (3 1/2 hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area) so I could test out the fit of the seat before buying one. Shout out to Greg for being super helpful and accommodating. He met me extra early and waited patiently while I hopped back and forth between different Tillet seats (he has a bunch in his showroom). He also showed me the B10XL installed in his shop car.

After settling on the B10, I was able to get the seat, rails, and airbag delete. Pads are on order.

Installation was straightforward. Just remove four bolts holding the factory seat in place, disconnect two electrical connections, plug in the airbag delete connectors, assemble the seat/rails, and bolt the new seat into the car.

The only tricky part was figuring out how the plastic side cover comes off (you need to remove it to access the seatbelt mount). I included photos to show that the cover hooks over the top of two tabs and has three press-fit tabs that hold it in place.

If anyone is trying to figure out how to remove their factory seat, feel free to DM me.

Weight of the factory seat was 57.2 lbs. weight of the Tillet/rails is 21.8 lbs.

Seatbelts mounted easily to the new seat. No airbag or seatbelt error lights.

The seating height is MUCH nicer/lower than the factory seat and it does not have the overstuffed lumbar support that I hated so much in the factory seat. Lots of adjustability of the Tillet to allow you to get the height and amount of recline dialed in just right.

So glad I made this modification. This is the first sports car I bought where the seats just did not fit me at all.

Fit and finish of the seat and rails is top notch

IMG_1678.jpeg
IMG_1680.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1788.jpeg

Nice! assuming you didn’t get the passenger seat yet? I don’t believe GRP has made the passenger bypass kit for the warning lights

@Blackthought_ correct, I did not get the passenger seat. While it would be nice to have a matching set, I don’t have passengers in my car often enough to justify the expense (and around town, any passengers would likely prefer the factory/cushy seat)

Nice -I really want to upgrade to these seats. What made you go with the B10 over B10XL? I'm 5'10", athletic build. Curious if the B10XL's would be too large for me.

@SONOFEMERY I’m a slim guy (5’8”, 140 lbs) so definitely the xl was too large for me (not enough lateral support). I was worried that even the regular B10 might be too wide, but it actually fits perfectly.

Back