Tiresome CarPlay bricking

I can't figure my issue out, but the car will disconnect from Android Auto either repeatedly or it will be rock solid. Talking it out of the @silent cilantro (tagged for visibility, not culpability) wireless charging pad. So I don't know if it's the location or my phone doesn't like being charged like that while being connected.

Except for the times when it totally doesn't mind at all.

It's interference and/or software issues causing timeouts, happens to me randomly whether the phone is being charged or not.

CarPlay/Android Auto use ad-hoc bluetooth and wifi connections between your device and the car's infotainment system. Other wireless signals may cause interference resulting in drops. It also happens to the Lotus OEM Tracker when using the phone tag, they actually specify that using CarPlay/Android Auto may interfere with the phone's connection to the tracker. I assume the opposite is also true. Bluetooth signals from radar detectors, dash cams, etc, all add to the noise.

We are also not the only ones with these kind of issues. Ford, Audi, BMW, they all have or have had reliability issues with wireless carplay.

Another issue I have is 4 times out of 10, the phone will not automatically connect. I've found the easiest way to force the connection is to go on the bluetooth drop down menu on my phone and reconnect to "Emira". It's faster than trying to reconnect through the car's infotainment.

Hi, does anyone have a situation where CarPlay is fine, you are driving along and then it just stops functioning/freezes and you dont have any maps or audio i.e spotify? It doesnt resume again until the car is turned off for a prolonged period of time. Some journeys are fine, sometimes it stops after 2mins, 30 mins, 1 hr. Random! Dies on wirless and connected
My CarPlay is pretty reliable now. It was a bit flaky when I first got the car and deleted everything in the car and everything on the phone and reconnected it and it's been much better now over time. It connects 99% of the time at start up, maybe 100%.

It does disconnect all of the time when I am driving on a certain section of the freeway, so something in that area does affect the connection, I'm assuming maybe it changes the cell tower connection, but I really have no idea, but it always disconnects there, always.

I can reestablish the connection 100% of the time by toggling off the CarPlay for the Emira via the setting of the iPhone and then back on. I actually leave the phone in that menu if I'm going to drive on that road to make it easier to do.

I also have the wireless charging add on and that works fantastic.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.