• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Top Speed

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know an Emira is not about top speed…

In fact it’s one of its least important numbers…. however I still like driving too fast as and when it’s suitable.

I’ve had mine is to just over 150mph (243 kmh) and it felt pretty lively - fun but lively! It was on a undulating slightly curved section of private err motorway…

What have you gotten out of yours and how did it feel?

I know an Emira is not about top speed…

In fact it’s one of its least important numbers…. however I still like driving too fast as and when it’s suitable.

I’ve had mine is to just over 150mph (243 kmh) and it felt pretty lively - fun but lively! It was on a undulating slightly curved section of private err motorway…

What have you gotten out of yours and how did it feel?
I’m sure there are members that are out of break-in and have taken on the Autobahn and can report their top speed. With the Emira’s power I’d imagine it would take a very long stretch of road to hit V max.

I did 172 miles per hour or 277 km/hrs on the German Autobahn.
I could have gone for top speed 180 m/hrs but my exit was there already and I had no time to go on.
At 172 m the rpm is around 6300, still more to go. However that is just a glimpse as one really need to concentrate on the road.
She can do it, but she is not built for that. She is getting extreme nervous and one is afraid she is taking off. For sure not enough down force in real high speeds.
As you all know she is the queen of cornering.
I maybe go for top speed when I have a new set of tires. I do not trust them too much anymore.
My normal casual drive on the Autobahn is between 180 and 220 km/hrs, translates to 110 -140 m/hrs (if traffic allows a safe drive), and by the way above that the fuel consumption is insane anyway.
If you drive constantly at these speeds you loose time as you have to stopp for refilling twice instead of once on a longer trip. Keep in mind on the Autobahn we can do these speeds for hundreds and hundreds of kilometer if we do it off peak hours.

I did 172 miles per hour or 277 km/hrs on the German Autobahn.
I could have gone for top speed 180 m/hrs but my exit was there already and I had no time to go on.
At 172 m the rpm is around 6300, still more to go. However that is just a glimpse as one really need to concentrate on the road.
She can do it, but she is not built for that. She is getting extreme nervous and one is afraid she is taking off. For sure not enough down force in real high speeds.
As you all know she is the queen of cornering.
I maybe go for top speed when I have a new set of tires. I do not trust them too much anymore.
My normal casual drive on the Autobahn is between 180 and 220 km/hrs, translates to 110 -140 m/hrs (if traffic allows a safe drive), and by the way above that the fuel consumption is insane anyway.
If you drive constantly at these speeds you loose time as you have to stopp for refilling twice instead of once on a longer trip. Keep in mind on the Autobahn we can do these speeds for hundreds and hundreds of kilometer if we do it off peak hours.
I've noticed while watching the mpg gauge that once you get above 70 mph (U.S.) the fuel consumption goes up dramatically. We have speed limits of 80 here on the interstate, and while doing 70 it was showing 26 mpg, but when I took it up to 80 that dropped to 16 mpg. I can't imagine what it must be at 150. The gauge probably shifts from miles per gallon to gallons per mile.