• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

You guys are so lucky. My wife "tested" the car on highway 101 for 15min...
Ha... even on the boring highway/motorway section, I was searching out potholes to hit to test the suspension, and janking back and forth like I was warming the tyres ready for a grand prix start :D

Ha... even on the boring highway/motorway section, I was searching out potholes to hit to test the suspension, and janking back and forth like I was warming the tyres ready for a grand prix start :D

Ditto to this. I was also swerving back and forth like I was warming the tires. I didn't have any potholes to hit but I was coming on and off the accelerator really just trying to feel the car and see if I could unsettle it in way and obviously at my speed I couldn't but I was surprised how aggressively I could accelerate while maintaining the swerve.

Reactions: ADC
On account of Bristol devising such a disappointing route, I am hoping to arrange a second test drive. I live in Gloucesteshire but I would be willing to travel. Can anyone recommend a dealer who uses a good route, please?
I didn't think the Bristol test route was that bad, considering the time limitations. The guy who accompanied me said all the local dealerships use the same route as you get a even blend of slow&speedbumps, open country A road, duals and motorway, and roundabouts.
On a personal level if I was more familiar with the area I'd have had more confidence to explore the car, but time is the limiting factor, not the route choice, in my opinion...

Test Drive Slot JCT600 Bradford 5th Jan 11.30hrs

Hi all. No idea if this is possible to swap riders but....

I have booked two slots for test drives when I threw a strop about not getting one straight away.
I have the slot above for grabs and one I will take next week.
If anyone with a deposit wants it let me know and I'll see if they will swap me to you?
Apparently is a totally crap route. It will be a crap route because the dealership is in a terrible location.
Its shared with Maserati so I suppose you could be spending twice as much with the same situation...
The pain of going there is much relieved by the opportunity to lust over the MC20 (but takes the shine off the Emira a bit.... :()

DM if interested, keen for it not to go to waste

Please can I ask how people are getting multiple test drives? Is it as simple as going on the online link and booking another?

Please can I ask how people are getting multiple test drives? Is it as simple as going on the online link and booking another?
Exactly that 😀
Just use the original email you received

Exactly that 😀
Just use the original email you received
It is exactly that. I wanted a 3rd test drive just to re-confirm a few thoughts i had about the car (I have my checkout email) but it was booked then cancelled later that day by Lotus as I've had a few test drives before. Lotus customer services had already confirmed a 3rd drive would be ok and there's nothing mentioned about limited test drives.

I didn't think the Bristol test route was that bad, considering the time limitations. The guy who accompanied me said all the local dealerships use the same route as you get a even blend of slow&speedbumps, open country A road, duals and motorway, and roundabouts.
On a personal level if I was more familiar with the area I'd have had more confidence to explore the car, but time is the limiting factor, not the route choice, in my opinion...

I test drove an Aston back to back with the Emira in Bristol and believe me there are amazing roads available. The dealers are next door to each other.

The lotus route was appalling for me, and Lotus even drove me past the good road, instead taking me onto the motorway!! Doh…

I test drove an Aston back to back with the Emira in Bristol and believe me there are amazing roads available. The dealers are next door to each other.

The lotus route was appalling for me, and Lotus even drove me past the good road, instead taking me onto the motorway!! Doh…
What did you think of the Aston ? It’s on my plan b list too

It became my plan A but then I started dithering again!!

Here’s my back to back review

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/the-great-big-all-the-customer-test-drives-thread.2080/post-65254
It's now my plan A after not progressing with the V6 whilst I now, hopefully, sit in the I4 Q.

I did see both today, a red Emira and new vantage on the A46 near Stratford upon Avon. I haven't seen either car on the roads till today.

Your review of both reflected my sentiments. Externally I think the Emira has it for now until it becomes more common place. The infotainment of the Aston is woeful and you need to spend a grand to update the system to Android Auto.

Did you know all Astons come with 5 year inclusive service pack.

Appreciate people have booked more than one but the link specifically says 'Only one test drive per customer'.
my link says nothing of the sort.

my link says nothing of the sort.
Screenshot_20230105-174110.png
different to this then?

It is rumoured that someone had about eight test drives booked at different dealers concurrently. The rumours also say that Lotus stepped in and let the various dealers know. However doing a second test drive seems to be ok.

Some of the dealers spot multiple bookings too. I had a call from Caffyns because I'd booked one at Kent and one at Sussex, which are both part of the Caffyns Group, thinking one was Sport and one Touring. Lotus had told me that was OK. It turned our they were both Sport, hence having to switch to a Dec test drive at B&C.

I believe most dealers will have completed all their deposit holder booked test drives by end Jan/early Feb, so they are starting to take bookings in Feb for people without a deposit.