• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

You are only committed when they start the final checkout process which is 30 days before your build completes and sign the paperwork, up til that point you and Lotus have no legal commitment to each other. My Car is being built in December theoretically so like all other December builds I am not yet committed. If you have followed this thread then I am surprised you seem unhappy that its critical of very poor aspects of Lotus communications and going back on what they have said in their emails to depositors.

I'm apparently the first test drive at Rybrook Bristol - on Monday at 9. Happy to share the route after 👍🏻
Thanks. I am after lunch Monday.
I was hoping I might be able to have a run out this week so I can compare it against my current car. Will have to try that later in the week instead.
Hope you enjoy it. 🏎️

Thanks. I am after lunch Monday.
I was hoping I might be able to have a run out this week so I can compare it against my current car. Will have to try that later in the week instead.
Hope you enjoy it. 🏎️
Why don't you give Ashley at Rybrook's a call tomorrow (or John, their new Lotus Expert).....they've been really helpful and I'm sure they'd give you a heads up on the route 👍🏻

For all those that didn't manage to get a test drive when they were initially released, don't give up hope, keep checking the link, I managed to get a 3pm today (Colchester).....6 weeks earlier than the slot I had booked for 03/01/23!!
Fingers crossed it meets my expectations or falls woefully short....preferably the former!

I’ve just cancelled a Sat 16 Nov morning slot at Lotus Sussex if anyone wants to jump in. The car is Sports, not Touring as Lotus originally told me.

I’ve just cancelled a Sat 16 Nov morning slot at Lotus Sussex if anyone wants to jump in. The car is Sports, not Touring as Lotus originally told me.
I hope you got another slot? I am surprised you did not want to take a sport suspension for a spin? Or is it you can only book one test drive and since you ordered touring it would make more sense to test out what you ordered? Your review is surely one of the most anticipated.

I hope you got another slot? I am surprised you did not want to take a sport suspension for a spin? Or is it you can only book one test drive and since you ordered touring it would make more sense to test out what you ordered? Your review is surely one of the most anticipated.
"THE" most anticipated !

Ha. Don't dare drive a Sports - ever - Tom. You will realise the error of your ways :p :)

Good shout about the booking process. I have one booked soon at B&C Tom if you want that one. I don't really need to drive it again plus... ha - I dare not drive the Touring incase I realise the error of MY ways. :D

Had an email with the booking link today, so I have a test drive booked for 15th December.

Long story, but there’s a problem with one of my visas for an upcoming Asia business trip and I now have to go and sit at the visa centre on Saturday to try and avoid the whole thing unravelling.

I’ve got sessions in mid Dec to drive Touring and Sports on the same day. I’ll be taking the Evora between the two dealers via a McLaren test drive. By then I should have driven an Evora GT410 and GT430 again to refresh my memory.

"THE" most anticipated !
Don’t build my part up too much!

My ownership of fun cars is entirely Lotus for the last 20+ years, with old school hot hatches before that. The family barge is usually an Audi, VW or Volvo. I’ve driven a lot of high performance cars on track and test drives but not owned them.

I hope to do a reasonable comparison between the Emira and previous Lotus variants, particularly the Evora.

Long story, but there’s a problem with one of my visas for an upcoming Asia business trip and I now have to go and sit at the visa centre on Saturday to try and avoid the whole thing unravelling.

I’ve got sessions in mid Dec to drive Touring and Sports on the same day. I’ll be taking the Evora between the two dealers via a McLaren test drive. By then I should have driven an Evora GT410 and GT430 again to refresh my memory.
I’m also thinking McLaren but keep getting subconscious Emira messages

Attachments

• E9FBB78B-899E-4DC6-9B5A-C9F8B0EE02A7.png
    E9FBB78B-899E-4DC6-9B5A-C9F8B0EE02A7.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 46
Booked a
Test drive in Parks on 17th Jan….. please please please make it a good one….

Hi Emira friends I have a test drive booked for this Saturday 26th at 11:30 hrs at Bradford.
So if you want to drive the worst demo route ever full of 30 / 40 mph give me a message and we can align time I’ll cancel so you can bag it 😉

But, the test route didn’t express any of this type of route which I think JCT600/Lotus may have decided not to use due to their unsuitability. May have shown the car in a poor light.

Don't ask me how I know this... 👀

The simple location of the dealership unfortunately massively limits the routes that can be used, as there are very few 'good' roads around Bradford that are accessible within the mileage and time constraints put down by Lotus themselves. They told dealerships to propose a route that fitted the criteria and then Lotus ensured this route was put on the tracking system. Since there are next to no roads to properly test the handling of the car in the area without exceeding the mileage and/or time limitations, it was decided instead to give testers a route which comprised of town / traffic driving, motorway driving and a stretch of national speed limit road too. Think of it more like a chance to get to grips with the car in everyday situations - a chance to see what you think of the suspension, the seats, the brakes, the interior, the infotainment, the clutch etc, and it makes more sense than a 'push to the limits' test drive. I'm the first to admit it's far from ideal, but unfortunately it was a compromise that had to be made. Properly good roads towards the Dales or Peaks are simply too far away sadly. In response to another comment, there was never a choice of routes put forward to Lotus - just the one.

Don't ask me how I know this... 👀

The simple location of the dealership unfortunately massively limits the routes that can be used, as there are very few 'good' roads around Bradford that are accessible within the mileage and time constraints put down by Lotus themselves. They told dealerships to propose a route that fitted the criteria and then Lotus ensured this route was put on the tracking system. Since there are next to no roads to properly test the handling of the car in the area without exceeding the mileage and/or time limitations, it was decided instead to give testers a route which comprised of town / traffic driving, motorway driving and a stretch of national speed limit road too. Think of it more like a chance to get to grips with the car in everyday situations - a chance to see what you think of the suspension, the seats, the brakes, the interior, the infotainment, the clutch etc, and it makes more sense than a 'push to the limits' test drive. I'm the first to admit it's far from ideal, but unfortunately it was a compromise that had to be made. Properly good roads towards the Dales or Peaks are simply too far away sadly. In response to another comment, there was never a choice of routes put forward to Lotus - just the one.
That want the case when I tested a V8 esprit in the 90’s from almost the same location (actually over the road in the finance building). We had a great time down the M62 then over the moors and back to Bradford. Don’t remember it taken any longer. The route for the Emira is not worthy of the car and has disappointed many, as attested to by many on this forum.
I wonder why you are defending their decision?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back