• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Well, it was “simple” until Lotus called me to say the garage I selected & booked yesterday was no longer part of the “test drive” process & suggesting I rebook for another garage 1 to 2 hour drive away!
Wrote back & said “you’re not Ferrari, I’m not travelling that far for a test drive”!

Final straw for me, utter incompetence….
Lotus...the Joke that keeps on giving..... except its not funny...
I would be firing so many people .... its unreal... and I would start with @Leonard haha

Gutted couldn’t get a test drive before 26th November at Bradford as all earlier w/e slots had gone as 250 + people in que before me - are they really doing this in priority order or is it a free for all for everyone with a deposit ?
We are busy every Saturday from now into December so booked for Saturday the 17th of December. I'll be honest as we aren't getting the car now until June 23 I'm not really bothered by it, just looking forward to seeing a production car in the flesh and hearing what it sounds like. I'm sure I'll get another go in one before June next year if I set my mind on it.

Gutted couldn’t get a test drive before 26th November at Bradford as all earlier w/e slots had gone as 250 + people in que before me - are they really doing this in priority order or is it a free for all for everyone with a deposit ?
It can’t be priority order. I’m allegedly in the first 150 orders, with my car due for Nov build and Dec delivery yet I’ve had to select December 2nd as first available date for a test drive at my closest dealer (Cheshire). I was also in a queue of 250+ when I clicked on the link.

It can’t be priority order. I’m allegedly in the first 150 orders, with my car due for Nov build and Dec delivery yet I’ve had to select December 2nd as first available date for a test drive at my closest dealer (Cheshire). I was also in a queue of 250+ when I clicked on the link.
Yes another poorly organised event by Lotus - some customers that are getting there cars soon didn’t even manage to get a slot at all whilst for example someone getting a I4 is test driving on Saturday and also people took early slots that are not even getting car till summer - it was a free for all !
Did anyone manage to get any joy that rang CS ?

It’s just a mass email blast to all with deposits…. underlines my thoughts that Lotus is not a prestigious vehicle or brand…. It’s an affordable sports car from a brand with real heritage, but now fully owned by a Chinese mass market car company.
Let’s end all talk of them trying to compete with serious luxury car brands such as Porsche…. I’ve never bought a Volvo, but I can’t believe it’s this poor, so why not use that dealer network?
I’m out now anyway, but wish others all the best, if it’s this bad pre-purchase, lord knows how you’re going to get on if/when it goes wrong!

Credit where it’s due. Lotus Cheshire have noted a delay in my test drive when my vehicle is potentially imminent and offered me a much quicker test drive next week. Great customer service.

Things are moving fast now after a long time waiting!

Credit where it’s due. Lotus Cheshire have noted a delay in my test drive when my vehicle is potentially imminent and offered me a much quicker test drive next week. Great customer service.

That deserves some praise 👏 🙌

Reactions: DJS

thats great...
Im all for direct selling IF they get decent people in their and an excellent system... They have not done either of these things and so many people, like yourself have to rely on the CS of the dealer and I am glad you have a good one, well done to those guys, looks like they will earn their reduced commission, not sure Lotus earn their increases profit due to the reduced commissions though...!

That’s fab for your dealer but Unlike Lotus Bradford who have been unwilling to sort me a sooner test drive out as I can’t do midweek - 6 phone calls between CS and Bradford each saying completely different version and neither are willing to do anything - do Bradford usually do demo rides on Sundays ? as the branch is open but I was told they need to clean and refuel car on Sunday - I’ve now been told flexibility should improve next year 😡
Everything is telling me not to get this car.
Why do Lotus never do what I was told on several occasions that they were going to do ie in delivery order 😡
Did speak to a nice chap and I never said but he actually said even if I you said you were going to cancel your order there is nothing we can do to assist you - 🙁 so in essence a 40 min test ride can’t be accommodated for the sake of a £78k order whoosh
I will be either flipping or cancelling after I eventually get a demo

Last edited:
For anyone that is going to Bradford I know it’s a long shot just before I cancel these bookings as I can make them
15th Nov 14:30 or 26th Nov at 11.30
Swap for either 12th or 19th Nov

First post of common sense customer service from Lotus I have seen on this forum. Albeit from the dealer, but something positive!

I have just cancelled my booking for 16th November at 10:30 at Solihull if someone wants it. Be quick!

Spoke to CS at lunchtime today following the non-receipt of the test drive email and they said they would "try and get another email sent out to me". "Try"?!!?!? I said it's really not very hard to just re-send the email but apparently for them it is due to the mass-sending software they use. Right, sure. Continual disappointment. Nothing received as yet.

Does any one from Lotus HQ really read this forum? If so do you really accept and see the continual CX failures that keep happening day-on-day?

So much for dealer-organised test drives.......please book via Lotus, there are spots released for January. By comparison, Porsche doesn't have every model to test drive but they can arrange a day at their Silverstone facility/track or organise a management car.....

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back