• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Email landed 4.09 pm, No slots Oakmere Lotus Cheshire at 5 .30 pm. trying to get a slot in Shanghai, if Lotus wouldn't mind covering flights and Hotel. Only seems fair.
If Lotus cover the flight business class I’ll pick up 1 night of the hotel 😂

Ermmmm has anyone else not received a test drive email? I'm an 8th July depositor and every other email has been received at the same time as others! :(

Ermmmm has anyone else not received a test drive email? I'm an 8th July depositor and every other email has been received at the same time as others! :(
Yes , received my email yesterday and test drive booked. i was a 7-7-21 deposit , all the best

Read my test drive invitation email today from yesterday, went to Glasgow dealership booking page. No booking left!
Priority customer NOT!
I will just have to wait till next year when i4 comes out…
Might pop in to see the car next time I’m in Glasgow though and have a chat with the dealership:

Does anyone know what the deal is if we want to have our partner drive the car as well? My partner will be sharing the Emira with me and driving it a fair amount so I'd like them to have an opportunity to test drive as well before making the go/no-go decision

Didn't get to read my test drive email until around 6 pm yesterday and all slots at the dealer of my choice were taken up.

Really feel for those of you who placed your deposits early, and are expecting your cars this year. You all should have been given the choice of booking your slots first. It is the only fair way to go about this... :(

Given that I am a late-depositor (8th Nov 2021), I am happy to wait but the email stated that the ability to book will be held until 21st Nov. Does that mean we are likely to not get another chance to book, ideally sometime in March 2023?

Just spoken to CS about not getting ANY emails at all for a while now, they have turned them back on now, so I got the test drive email just now , obviously no slots at JCT left at all , what a going on !

I made the mistake of asking Silverstone for a drop in just to see their Emira since I couldn't get a bloody test spot,then I saw this beauty they have for sale.....
Could be trouble

Screenshot_20221108-115237_Facebook.jpg

Does anyone know what the deal is if we want to have our partner drive the car as well? My partner will be sharing the Emira with me and driving it a fair amount so I'd like them to have an opportunity to test drive as well before making the go/no-go decision
Probably end up having to have 2 test drives, scheduling another one in.
Vantage test drive booked in before the emira 😃
Will be expecting a Vantage vs Emira road test review please

Probably end up having to have 2 test drives, scheduling another one in.

Will be expecting a Vantage vs Emira road test review please

Yup, sounds good, will try to remember both drives, but likely I’ll just remember which one makes me smile more!

You should be able to do that within the constraints of your test drive slot, which probably means stopping part way along the designated route and changing drivers. I don't believe there is time to do the route twice in one slot. Otherwise you'll need to book a second session.

Dealers are today being passed details of who has booked when, so if you contact your test drive dealer They should be able to annotate it about the two drivers.

Didn't get to read my test drive email until around 6 pm yesterday and all slots at the dealer of my choice were taken up.

Really feel for those of you who placed your deposits early, and are expecting your cars this year. You all should have been given the choice of booking your slots first. It is the only fair way to go about this... :(

Given that I am a late-depositor (8th Nov 2021), I am happy to wait but the email stated that the ability to book will be held until 21st Nov. Does that mean we are likely to not get another chance to book, ideally sometime in March 2023?
After 21 Nov they are opening it up to non-deposit holders and booking direct with the dealer.

I know some dealers have over 1,000 people who have registered an interest in test drives. Each had about 200 slots available yesterday for deposit holders and they're basically all gone.

You should be able to do that within the constraints of your test drive slot, which probably means stopping part way along the designated route and changing drivers..
But if we have to have a Lotus chaperone with us then my other half can't be there to change over mid route. Unless I'm made aware of the route in advance and abandon her in a layby for a long wait....?

But if we have to have a Lotus chaperone with us then my other half can't be there to change over mid route. Unless I'm made aware of the route in advance and abandon her in a layby for a long wait....?

I thought exactly the same and then realised... Can she not drive behind in whatever car you're driven to the dealer in?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back