• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Wow, just logged back in and I am enemy number one all of a sudden. I got the email and survival instinct kicked in, gotta book a drive. I am still excited about the car unlike many it seems and the car is more than just its engine so I want to drive it but equally don’t want to be a dick. If someone wants a 13.30 drive in Bell & Colvill on the 14th Dec and doesn’t mind impersonating me or contact them directly and they will swap over, I will give it up for you.
Only one entity at fault here and its not you 🙂

If Lotus had said it was going to be a free for all then at least that would’ve been clear. But two weeks ago and again on Friday they assured me the emails were going out in batches in priority order based on build month.

So I figured I might get 24 hours or so, along with the other Dec build folks, to get my booking in. When I didn’t have an email this morning, I assumed today they’d only opened it to Nov build people.

If Lotus had said it was going to be a free for all then at least that would’ve been clear. But two weeks ago and again on Friday they assured me the emails were going out in batches in priority order based on build month.

So I figured I might get 24 hours or so, along with the other Dec build folks, to get my booking in. When I didn’t have an email this morning, I assumed today they’d only opened it to Nov build people.
I'm messaging their Head of Customer Experience tomorrow as this is unacceptable and I'm interested in what she has to say, if anything.

Did you really Tom? This coming from a company who hasn’t prioritised any deposit sequence to date. You hoped it would be true as did we all. The shame of it is week days are awkward for most people, and there’s no weekend slots not even for a 4 week period.

With only offering demo 3 days a week there is not enough slots - people have been left without being able to book one. Can Lotus not do Maths …… 🤡
A week has 7 days a week

So yet again its all horse shite. I don't know why you bother Tom but bless your patience on our behalf.

The proposed order, as you relay above, would have been a bit annoying for early depositors but understandable from a build order perspective.

My new new new new build month is March so i should not have had an email based on what they told you WTF is going on?
I'm auto so actually was thinking of not bothering even trying to book other than I thought I might get something out of them having my £5k for feckin ever...

I don't even think I can now be arsed to drive the 15 miles to bloody Bradford (what on earth were they thinking about relocating there? Relegated from next to Ferrari then next to Bentley both in Leeds to then be excreted to Bradford. Incredible) just to have a sit in it...although if the seats are crap I can walk away and stop fretting about it :confused:

I'm messaging their Head of Customer Experience tomorrow as this is unacceptable and I'm interested in what she has to say, if anything.
get a jab in from me Leonard please.

here's a few gems you might want to include in your conversation...

Let Down
Disappointment
Clown Show
Fuckwittery
Cockwomble at the top
Shit Sandwich
FUBAR
SNAFU

just to have a sit in it...although if the seats are crap I can walk away and stop fretting about it :confused:
Well....
get a jab in from me Leonard please.

here's a few gems you might want to include in your conversation...

Let Down
Disappointment
Clown Show
Fuckwittery
Cockwomble at the top
Shit Sandwich
FUBAR
SNAFU
I will be professional and courteous as always 😇

fuck me sideways its a complete c*nts carnival

so im second deposit at JCT's - I finish all school runs make tea tidy up get on my PC to see i can't book a slot

Pity the poor bastard on the end of the phone tomorrow

I want to be with all you guys pouring out positivity. This will be my 4th Lotus ie I will own 4 all at the same time. Never has there been such an ambassador for the brand and a longing to belong.

Yes 1st world problems and all but I have worked like a tw@t to give these jokers £80k. If this is what working with Geely is like maybe it would have been best for them to go bust and save so much annoyance.

Clowns
Cant get a slot at Colchester, deposit on both V6 and i4, never have I been so angered, the incompetence of Lotus is beyond belief! Thinking of cancelling both, cant put up with much more.

I’ll be on the phone tomorrow for sure asking if I can take the slot on Saturday at Bradford that another guy on FB has booked who’s getting an I4 as sorry but I’m sure I4 customers will have chance to demo the car that you have ordered before the summer - we have decisions to be made asap about cancelling this car 🚗 or change spec
Soz broken record

Got the e.mail today. I have ordered an auto V6, I can't understand why Lotus would think I am interested in test driving a manual car. There is no mention of when a test drive will be possible that relates to the car I have ordered.

Well, I must say, this has all gone down like a hydrogen-filled shit sandwich. :(

I was kind of watching from the sidelines while it all went grotesquely wrong this afternoon, but in the spirit of trying to help out fellow forum members, I grabbed onto a slot at Rybrook Bristol (Nimbus, Touring+Eagles, based on the demo spec thread) - 12 midday, December 12. If anyone missed out in the stampede, and would value sitting in that spec before they have to fork over a bunch of money, please PM me to get the booking code 👍 ... be sure to really grovel, and bribes are always welcome :p 🦆 🏃‍♂️

EDIT: I apologise if that actually screwed up anyone here... I made a snap judgement call to snatch it away from Facebook Knobs ™️

Well, I must say, this has all gone down like a hydrogen-filled shit sandwich. :(

I was kind of watching from the sidelines while it all went grotesquely wrong this afternoon, but in the spirit of trying to help out fellow forum members, I grabbed onto a slot at Rybrook Bristol (Nimbus, Touring+Eagles, based on the demo spec thread) - 12 midday, December 12. If anyone missed out in the stampede, and would value sitting in that spec before they have to fork over a bunch of money, please PM me to get the booking code 👍 ... be sure to really grovel, and bribes are always welcome :p 🦆 🏃‍♂️

EDIT: I apologise if that actually screwed up anyone here... I made a snap judgement call to snatch it away from Facebook Knobs ™️

Now I’ve seen it all - people flipping test drive slots to make a fast buck!
;)

@TomE , not really joking any more: is there a way to add a "facepalm" reaction for posts? Just feels awkward being limited to "like" / "angry" / "sad" for the sorts of stuff we see here on a regular basis....
The admin team are working on it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back