• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Allow me :)
Notts is:
Seneca with Sports suspension and Eagles.
They also have an Evora GT410, Exige and 991.2 C4 GTS for comparison also 😉

View attachment 10612
Blast,its the exact interior I didn't want to see 🤣🤣🤣

It will do for the test drive,but do you think we are able to just go along to ,Silverstone, say,and just have a peek and sit in the demo?

Lol I'm going to start by acknowledging we are never happy,but bugger me what a p1$$take this is.

Driving home from canary wharf,3 hours later I see Lotus sent the test drive email, I'm 3 hours late and it's all booked at both Birmingham and Silverstone, no slots left at all.

I've luckily found a slot in the 21st November at Nottingham, at 830 in the morning which is going to be pointless but it's all they had 😪😪😪

What a shit show this is,but I suppose I should be happy.

Haven't even a clue what spec Nottingham have,difficult to get there and I'm concerned if it's not a decent spec I'll be put off buying one...

Well planned Lotus 🤣🤣🤣
Ah well
Another shit show in my eyes everything is difficult I’m limited to demo in two dealers Bradford and Glasgow not even doing them on w/e, again very restrictive with days on offer and times - let’s test drive in rush hour traffic at 08:30 or when it’s dark and customers who are not even getting car till summer 2023 have booked slots and people not even buying the V6 engine.
Why aren’t the test drives every day of week ????? Like any other normal dealer and no one as far as I could see offered Sundays which is always preferable as roads are quieter

Last edited:
Only picked up on the Lotus email after getting home from work today. Silverstone and Colchester are closest to me but both fully booked. Nottingham still had a few slots left and booked 2nd Dec but this will mean taking a whole day off work. Was hoping for touring but OK with sport + Goodyears for testing - if too harsh then I will go with Touring. Unlikely to track my Emira so will definitely go with Goodyears.

Lol I'm going to start by acknowledging we are never happy,but bugger me what a p1$$take this is.

Driving home from canary wharf,3 hours later I see Lotus sent the test drive email, I'm 3 hours late and it's all booked at both Birmingham and Silverstone, no slots left at all.

I've luckily found a slot in the 21st November at Nottingham, at 830 in the morning which is going to be pointless but it's all they had 😪😪😪

What a shit show this is,but I suppose I should be happy.

Haven't even a clue what spec Nottingham have,difficult to get there and I'm concerned if it's not a decent spec I'll be put off buying one...

Well planned Lotus 🤣🤣🤣
Ah well
Seneca, sports suspension, Goodyear, black wheels, yellow calipers, alcantara with yellow stitch. Black pack.

Anyone want to do swaps for this slot for Bradford as I can’t really make during the week for one on 12th or 19th ?
FF824B08-18BA-4C03-8D55-8CFAE07F2D93.jpeg

Blast,its the exact interior I didn't want to see 🤣🤣🤣

It will do for the test drive,but do you think we are able to just go along to ,Silverstone, say,and just have a peek and sit in the demo?
Pick a day when they aren't doing demos and that should be fine. Obviously it's worth booking in with them for a static viewing too, as it's going to get busy now.

Pick a day when they aren't doing demos and that should be fine. Obviously it's worth booking in with them for a static viewing too, as it's going to get busy now.
Good shout, Tom.
I'll call tomorrow

Awesome I can get a test drive next month, 3 weeks AFTER I get my Emira. Bizarre sequence of events.
Farce was a free for all instead of prioritising by car delivery - I’m sure someone who’s booked early spots and not getting there car till Summer 2023 or getting the I4 will do decent thing and offer up their slots if early

I think if you contact LCC they may help out on that. I spoke to them on Friday and they offered to get involved behind the scenes so I can test Touring and Sports on the same day at different dealers.

@TomE , not really joking any more: is there a way to add a "facepalm" reaction for posts? Just feels awkward being limited to "like" / "angry" / "sad" for the sorts of stuff we see here on a regular basis....

Typical, have been busy with work all day and only just checked my phone now and saw the email.

Nothing left at all in Prestbury and I'm not travelling 2 hours each way mid week to the next closest with availability

Frustrating as I was really looking forward to the test drive, feeling very dejected now. Surely the emails should have been staggered based on build batch number

Yup! I know I'm always whinging 😉but I could only get 9th December drive and allegedly have December delivery.
Plus I'm out on a limb hoping Lotus Solihull have a Touring spec car as I don't think we know yet (or didn't yesterday)
It really is beyond a joke
yes theirs was meant to be touring....... but in the end..who knows

Typical, have been busy with work all day and only just checked my phone now and saw the email.

Nothing left at all in Prestbury and I'm not travelling 2 hours each way mid week to the next closest with availability

Frustrating as I was really looking forward to the test drive, feeling very dejected now. Surely the emails should have been staggered based on build batch number
Yep free for all like the guy on FB that’s booked slot for 2 weeks and he’s getting a I4 which is not due till October 2023 even admitting
“don’t know what driving a manual V6 is going to tell me about the auto I4 “ !!
Nice one mate 💩show from Lotus par for course

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back