• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

I'm sure Lotus don't want me to buy this car. Every point in the process is painful.
Waited in the queue, chose a date further off (2/12) than I would have liked then couldn't click the confirm button.
Started again - queued again - had to chose another date even further away (16/12) and finally managed to book.

So over a month to wait to test drive.
#Frustrated

I am looking forward to the UK guys reviews... The UK bunch deserve this more than most being on the home turf.

Are people still receiving the emails to book or did they come all around the same time today? I’m a jan build and haven’t had an email yet 😢
I have an invite to the test drive, which I wont be using... if you would like to use mine, I dont think it will be an issue... PM me your email and I will send you think link and then book it. I just went online, it took me about 3 mins to get to selecting a slot.
When you reserve it I will call the dealer and explain you will go in my place... should not be an issue at all..
Up to you......
I am if nothing... almost a gentleman..

Hope Tom is not in a meeting 😳
I knew it would happen like this! Been checking all morning, as LCC normally send emails at 11am. Then go into back to back meetings and come out at 6pm to find everything is booked until mid December. Guess I'll be test driving in the snow then!

So much for doing it in priority order. I asked LCC again about this last week and they assured me it wasn't a free for all.

Pleased for everyone who managed to get a date in November.

I knew it would happen like this! Been checking all morning, as LCC normally send emails at 11am. Then go into back to back meetings and come out at 6pm to find everything is booked until mid December. Guess I'll be test driving in the snow then!

So much for doing it in priority order. I asked LCC again about this last week and they assured me it wasn't a free for all.

Pleased for everyone who managed to get a date in November.
I can't imagine if you making a call to your dealer and them not accommodating a OG Lotus customer.... There needs to be some type of give for the ppl that have supported the brand over the years. Hope you get in sooner than Dec.

No more slots available at Prestbury?
Went to book now and just get 'No more slots available today, please try another day' on every highlighted day up to 16th December. No highlighted days after Friday 16th. So much for prioritising deposit holders unless they will continue to open up more dates prior to anyone jumping in on 21st November?

Has anyone heard the specs of the car at Bell & Colvill. Just realised I booked it blind and can't see the spec anywhere. I did ping them a message to their website but the robot or whoever was online did not know.

Has anyone heard the specs of the car at Bell & Colvill. Just realised I booked it blind and can't see the spec anywhere. I did ping them a message to their website but the robot or whoever was online did not know.
Nimbus Grey, Red leather, Touring

I've just had confirmation of the last two demo cars and have updated the specifications table:

I can't imagine if you making a call to your dealer and them not accommodating a OG Lotus customer.... There needs to be some type of give for the ppl that have supported the brand over the years. Hope you get in sooner than Dec.
No, the dealers don't control the bookings during this first phase. One issue now is if Lotus ask me to do Checkout before 16 Dec. That's possible, as I'm Dec build and Jan delivery.

Didn't see the mail until 5pm ish B&C was so far out, I booked with Lotus Sussex - got a slot on Friday this week !

Ah ffs just realised Notts is on sports suspension, have they never driven on Notts roads 🤣🤣🤣

Theyre that bad they've actually won awards for being bad 🤦

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back