• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Southampton (Eastleigh?) still has slots in November, if that is useful to anyone...

(no, I'm not taking one)

Last edited:
Lucky me, saw the email at 4.30 ish got straight on the link I was 300 in the que managed to get the second slott tomorrow at jct600.
But why didn't lotus release the email to the first 100 then the next few hundred, by the numbers of people on the booking they must have sent it to 1000 uk customers.
Also why are they only doing test drives 3 days a week, it will take forever and early deposits could get a car before a test drive????

I knew it would happen like this! Been checking all morning, as LCC normally send emails at 11am. Then go into back to back meetings and come out at 6pm to find everything is booked until mid December. Guess I'll be test driving in the snow then!

So much for doing it in priority order. I asked LCC again about this last week and they assured me it wasn't a free for all.

Pleased for everyone who managed to get a date in November.
Yup! I know I'm always whinging 😉but I could only get 9th December drive and allegedly have December delivery.
Plus I'm out on a limb hoping Lotus Solihull have a Touring spec car as I don't think we know yet (or didn't yesterday)
It really is beyond a joke

Lucky me, saw the email at 4.30 ish got straight on the link I was 300 in the que managed to get the second slott tomorrow at jct600.
But why didn't lotus release the email to the first 100 then the next few hundred, by the numbers of people on the booking they must have sent it to 1000 uk customers.
Also why are they only doing test drives 3 days a week, it will take forever and early deposits could get a car before a test drive????
This is such a basic customer service function I don't even know where to begin.
Download a copy of Mail Chimp if they have to, set up the database in an hour! 🙈

Last edited:
Yup! I know I'm always whinging 😉but I could only get 9th December drive and allegedly have December delivery.
Plus I'm out on a limb hoping Lotus Solihull have a Touring spec car as I don't think we know yet (or didn't yesterday)
Im getting the🍿 for Dec 9th waiting for your review.... shame they haven't prioritized they guys in the earlier build slots.

Solihull have Touring, I updated the specs table a few minutes ago

Lol I'm going to start by acknowledging we are never happy,but bugger me what a p1$$take this is.

Driving home from canary wharf,3 hours later I see Lotus sent the test drive email, I'm 3 hours late and it's all booked at both Birmingham and Silverstone, no slots left at all.

I've luckily found a slot in the 21st November at Nottingham, at 830 in the morning which is going to be pointless but it's all they had 😪😪😪

What a shit show this is,but I suppose I should be happy.

Haven't even a clue what spec Nottingham have,difficult to get there and I'm concerned if it's not a decent spec I'll be put off buying one...

Well planned Lotus 🤣🤣🤣
Ah well

I popped into Colchester on the way home tonight and they said they are already pretty well booked up to year end

Nimbus Grey, Red leather, Touring
Great just booked in for the hour session. I have ice grey interior but wobbling over red or tan! As an Auto buyer I’m sure I can make another change before the summer of 23!

Lol I'm going to start by acknowledging we are never happy,but bugger me what a p1$$take this is.

Driving home from canary wharf,3 hours later I see Lotus sent the test drive email, I'm 3 hours late and it's all booked at both Birmingham and Silverstone, no slots left at all.

I've luckily found a slot in the 21st November at Nottingham, at 830 in the morning which is going to be pointless but it's all they had 😪😪😪

What a shit show this is,but I suppose I should be happy.

Haven't even a clue what spec Nottingham have,difficult to get there and I'm concerned if it's not a decent spec I'll be put off buying one...

Well planned Lotus 🤣🤣🤣
Ah well
Allow me :)
Notts is:
Seneca with Sports suspension and Eagles.
They also have an Evora GT410, Exige and 991.2 C4 GTS for comparison also 😉

20221104_143435.jpg

Is anybody going to use the spots at Southampton...? There's a whole bunch of November spots just sitting there... :whimper:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back