• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Yep free for all like the guy on FB that’s booked slot for 2 weeks and he’s getting a I4 which is not due till October 2023 even admitting
“don’t know what driving a manual V6 is going to tell me about the auto I4 “ !!
Nice one mate 💩show from Lotus par for course
Then he should cancel and let someone else take the slot. And stupid of Lotus to send emails to anyone with a build month beyond Feb.

Got my invite through, how cool!

How ever as not getting car for such a long time and will be an I4 decided to wait until I next go near my dealer 2.5 hours away.
As much as I want to drive the car, time is precious for me and to take a day off to drive a car for 40 minutes with the engine I don’t want is pointless.

Then he should cancel and let someone else take the slot. And stupid of Lotus to send emails to anyone with a build month beyond Feb.
Any one with any sense would not of booked it to begin with ……
Lotus have sent email to ALL deposit holders - even if you haven’t even got a build slot yet ?
CS informed me that early delivery dates were getting priority- and they have done the exact opposite- again misinformation ! 🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
On top of that after the initial window for lotus depositors it's open to anyone my dealer said he had loads of people on a list to test drive it.

If someone is on a forum / FB page and they know the situation, then in theory they should not have taken a test drive in a car they are not even going to buy, ie V6 and not i4. And also they should not take test drives when they are 9 months away from delivery knowing there are others in much more urgent need..... but human nature means they will take the test drives. And the reality is, yet again, its Lotus's mismanagement of a very simple situation, which leads to frustration for its customers and it begs the question, will it ever end???

Every single thing LOTUS do, they seem do so wrong, it just makes me wonder what I am doing giving them any money at all. It also makes me deeply worried about after sales. I'm sorry, but a fair % of guys/gals that are running things over there would seem to be complete and utter imbeciles and we should forget about the past, how hard working/nice people/great engineering they may have been etc, I feel we really need to accept the new Lotus. And for me, I repeat, I have very very serious doubts that this car is going to be a pleasant experience, because any issue at all with it that requires any assistance from Lotus, well I feel I am screwed, as Lotus will screw it up further.
Porsche maybe boring in many ways, they are in fact so good they are boring, but they get things right 95% of the time...... It would seem L O T U S get things wrong the inverse of that and thats no joke.

And this from someone who doesn't even want/need a test drive.... and has just given it away.
When and indeed Will, they start to get things right??? Email 100 at a time, not difficult, the first batch V6 first, then in 10 days the next batch..... its really child's play and I am so so so regretting trusting this company, but once you're in this far..... its that bit harder to pull out.

Lotus in their infinite wisdom have stopped sending me emails, they rang me a while ago to tell me I had requested not to receive emails, I told them straight away that I had not , I have spoken to them since to request that I want to receive them. Needless to say I didn’t get the latest email about booking. a test drive ! I was the third deposit at JCT , even before we knew the name of the car. The last communication I had was the oct build nov del . I emailed them this evening, lets see what they come back with ?

Any one with any sense would not of booked it to begin with ……
Lotus have sent email to ALL deposit holders - even if you haven’t even got a build slot yet ?
CS informed me that early delivery dates were getting priority- and they have done the exact opposite- again misinformation ! 🤡🤡🤡
Just knew it would be a Clusterf**k, so simple really, but no they have let people who have been waiting such a long time to choose their spec after a demo ride. Like Tom and you AudiR8.
I cannot understand them giving two suspension options at this stage and the issues thereof.
This is all down to this stupid decision. Standard spec at first, and this wouldn’t have been an issue and silly YouTube comments from influencers and press, absolute nonsense.
That’s my tuppence worth but doesn’t help those who have now been again compromised.how not to do it.

Lotus in their infinite wisdom have stopped sending me emails, they rang me a while ago to tell me I had requested not to receive emails, I told them straight away that I had not , I have spoken to them since to request that I want to receive them. Needless to say I didn’t get the latest email about booking. a test drive ! I was the third deposit at JCT , even before we knew the name of the car. The last communication I had was the oct build nov del . I emailed them this evening, lets see what they come back with ?
they did this to me a few months back also, I called them to fix it, they fixed it...... which is what they will do for you, but you will have missed out on the earlier test drives and they wont fix that, par for the course.....

This also happened to me about email communications. They said I had requested not to be contacted, load of Tommy rot. But, changed this in August but LCC was insistent it was my fault. I feel for you, but we know they are a disjointed organisation, probably all working from home on a common database system that is not joined up.
But more than likely spreadsheet based.

fuck me sideways its a complete c*nts carnival

so im second deposit at JCT's - I finish all school runs make tea tidy up get on my PC to see i can't book a slot

Pity the poor bastard on the end of the phone tomorrow

I want to be with all you guys pouring out positivity. This will be my 4th Lotus ie I will own 4 all at the same time. Never has there been such an ambassador for the brand and a longing to belong.

Yes 1st world problems and all but I have worked like a tw@t to give these jokers £80k. If this is what working with Geely is like maybe it would have been best for them to go bust and save so much annoyance.

Clowns

fuck me sideways its a complete c*nts carnival

so im second deposit at JCT's - I finish all school runs make tea tidy up get on my PC to see i can't book a slot

Pity the poor bastard on the end of the phone tomorrow

I want to be with all you guys pouring out positivity. This will be my 4th Lotus ie I will own 4 all at the same time. Never has there been such an ambassador for the brand and a longing to belong.

Yes 1st world problems and all but I have worked like a tw@t to give these jokers £80k. If this is what working with Geely is like maybe it would have been best for them to go bust and save so much annoyance.

Clowns
I feel exactly the same way I’m literally ready to chop my nose 👃 and cancel - I’ve rang CS so many times to try and book and find out when this email was coming out so that I could be ready to book and get demo for this w/e - I literally cancelled plans last week end as I thought we wud be demo car. I’ve been glued to my phone for days on end waiting for the email and today I had to take my Mam to Doctors so I late by 17mins ! 😡

Wow, just logged back in and I am enemy number one all of a sudden. I got the email and survival instinct kicked in, gotta book a drive. I am still excited about the car unlike many it seems and the car is more than just its engine so I want to drive it but equally don’t want to be a dick. If someone wants a 13.30 drive in Bell & Colvill on the 14th Dec and doesn’t mind impersonating me or contact them directly and they will swap over, I will give it up for you.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back