📓 Journals Unicorn v6 auto has landed

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
    Featured
Bqck home, the Ambient lighting is really nice

IMG_5638.jpeg

my Unicorn Emira (NOT ANYMORE!) went through some little cosmetic touches today.
Yellow stripes following the bottom line of the car, matching the yellow badges and calipers.
Tried some extra bits in other areas, but I didn't like them, due to the different curves in the car, and decided to do only in lower areas as shown.
I think they add a little sportiness look (not that it was needed) without taking away completely the classy look of Nimbus
Open to any opinions on whether you like it or not.
If the majority in here doesn't like it, I might change my decision, or not 🤪

IMG_5692.jpeg
IMG_5691.jpeg
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_5689.jpeg

my Unicorn Emira (NOT ANYMORE!) went through some little cosmetic touches today.
Yellow stripes following the bottom line of the car, matching the yellow badges and calipers.
Tried some extra bits in other areas, but I didn't like them, due to the different curves in the car, and decided to do only in lower areas as shown.
I think they add a little sportiness look (not that it was needed) without taking away completely the classy look of Nimbus

View attachment 25336View attachment 25337View attachment 25338View attachment 25339
I quite like the idea, any suggestions for the DV? Where did you got it ? I really like how it looks

View attachment 25336View attachment 25337View attachment 25338View attachment 25339
I like it, very Aston Martinesque

What I like about this is it's also a bit of a JPS homage. Makes the car looks like it's sitting atop a JPS race chassis or something. "Powered by Lotus F1".

I was thinking of doing the same when I got my Nimbus, but I might go a little slimmer on the stripes, stick to the side skirts only and maybe taper them off before they reach the wheel wells. I mocked it up a few weeks ago:

1681861407094.png

What I like about this is it's also a bit of a JPS homage. Makes the car looks like it's sitting atop a JPS race chassis or something. "Powered by Lotus F1".

I was thinking of doing the same when I got my Nimbus, but I might go a little slimmer on the stripes, stick to the side skirts only and maybe taper them off before they reach the wheel wells. I mocked it up a few weeks ago:

View attachment 25350
Good idea, it's a matter of trying the different setups on the flesh, changes a lot from the pictures, so many curves and angles in this car!

I like the front and back. I think that getaway‘s idea of a thinner stripe on the side looks much better. Great looking car either way.

I like the front and back. I think that getaway‘s idea of a thinner stripe on the side looks much better. Great looking car either way.
Thanks, I´ll have a second thought about the thickness of the side stripe. Have to see it again in the flesh. Maybe it's a visual effect from the picture angle.
As far as I remember it's the same thickness of front and back, but I might be wrong

Looks great with the yellow LOTUS badge and calipers! Personally, I would not do it on the rear as there is no other yellow to compliment it, but it does accent the lines nicely.

Looks great with the yellow LOTUS badge and calipers! Personally, I would not do it on the rear as there is no other yellow to compliment it, but it does accent the lines nicely.
Thanks.
I did on the rear because I like going around the car and following the pattern 🤣🤣

Love it! Did you do it yourself or did you get a detailer to add them for you? I myself have been thinking about whether a stripe would look good on a nimbus.

Love it! Did you do it yourself or did you get a detailer to add them for you? I myself have been thinking about whether a stripe would look good on a nimbus.
Thanks.
I used the same detailer that did the PPF and ceramic coating.
Tested many different options but at the end decided to keep only in the bottom.
The car has so many curves that it is not easy to put stripes that don't clash with the design.

Thanks.
I used the same detailer that did the PPF and ceramic coating.
Tested many different options but at the end decided to keep only in the bottom.
The car has so many curves that it is not easy to put stripes that don't clash with the design.
I think you've got it spot on with yours! Although I've seen some pretty good looking stripe mock ups along with a real-life example in another thread.

This was something I came up with back in late 2021 when I first started doing renders because the website configurator was so far off. It was the only theme I thought worked, and believe me, I tried all kinds of other graphics. The Emira has such an expressive and pure shape, it doesn't need anything else to emphasize areas of the car. Usually on other cars, there's flat panels or non-interesting areas that can handle some graphics, but there just isn't anything like that on the Emira.

These were my early first renderings of this theme. I hadn't worked out the paint resolution or surface reflectivity yet, but the idea still worked. I was trying the same stripe idea around the black wheels, and along the outer front edges at that time. The white one was my favorite.
Pearl, Red & Gold.png

Nimbus, Red & Gold.png

Hethel Stripe.png

Verdant, Tan & Gold.png

I don't know that I'd do the back or the front, but it's good to see how well the side works. What size did you go with and what did you use? Pinstripe tape?

This was something I came up with back in late 2021 when I first started doing renders because the website configurator was so far off. It was the only theme I thought worked, and believe me, I tried all kinds of other graphics. The Emira has such an expressive and pure shape, it doesn't need anything else to emphasize areas of the car. Usually on other cars, there's flat panels or non-interesting areas that can handle some graphics, but there just isn't anything like that on the Emira.

These were my early first renderings of this theme. I hadn't worked out the paint resolution or surface reflectivity yet, but the idea still worked. I was trying the same stripe idea around the black wheels, and along the outer front edges at that time. The white one was my favorite.
View attachment 25546

View attachment 25547
View attachment 25548
View attachment 25549

I don't know that I'd do the back or the front, but it's good to see how well the side works. What size did you go with and what did you use? Pinstripe tape?
Yes, sorry @Eagle7 . I forgot to give you credit for your inspiration.
I used the yellow stripe only on top of the black areas, and the width I will tell you exactly next week, I didn't measure it but I am guessing around 8 mm / 1 cm max.
Couldn't do it on the rims, because I have Diamond cut and thought it would look awkward . Definitely on black rims would look awesome.

Yes, sorry @Eagle7 . I forgot to give you credit for your inspiration.
I used the yellow stripe only on top of the black areas, and the width I will tell you exactly next week, I didn't measure it but I am guessing around 8 mm / 1 cm max.
Couldn't do it on the rims, because I have Diamond cut and thought it would look awkward . Definitely on black rims would look awesome.
Is the stripe painted or did you use pinstripe tape?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back