• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I can confirm...that there is no confirmation
I decided to call Lotus HQ today and to my delight I got right through right away, a nice chap named Matt answered the phone and gave me lots of juicy nuggets. I was in total shock to be frank.

Emira deliveries to NA: soon
Emira base production: soon
Emira GT: soon
Eletre production: soon
Emvya reveal: soon
135 roadster reveal: soon
Electric rocket: soon
Flying car: soon

I decided to call Lotus HQ today and to my delight I got right through right away, a nice chap named Matt answered the phone and gave me lots of juicy nuggets. I was in total shock to be frank.

Sounds like it was a delightfully information-rich interaction.

Imagine how refreshing it would be if someone simply said, "I don't have any new information, I'm sorry."

Wow! Good info!

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. He said realistically FE 1.0's to arrive Jan/Feb, and FE 2.0's April/May.

Seems realistic

The exact message was: "Just wanted to give you a quick update from Lotus. They said that it looks like we're going to be starting to receive cars in October and more subsequently. Um so, that it's. It just wanted to give you that update and I will give you more if I hear it."

This is not a "new sales manager" and is the same rep from the beginning. As others have noted, this seems to only be from one dealership since I haven't seen others posting about it. This same rep did already relay the info from the GM meeting with Lotus that everything was delayed to the fall. So either they did hear from Lotus confirming they are still getting vehicles in October, or they are just making sure people don't fall out of the funnel.

Porter knows which dealership and said he will call to verify all info. So waiting on him to conclude his "verification process."

I just received an email, stating that Lotus will be giving test-drives at Pebble Beach in Monterey (Aug 16 - 19). Unfortunately, it is a 7 hour drive for me.

I just received an email, stating that Lotus will be giving test-drives at Pebble Beach in Monterey (Aug 16 - 19). Unfortunately, it is a 7 hour drive for me.
Just curious - - what entity is the email from?

The exact message was: "Just wanted to give you a quick update from Lotus. They said that it looks like we're going to be starting to receive cars in October and more subsequently. Um so, that it's. It just wanted to give you that update and I will give you more if I hear it."

This is not a "new sales manager" and is the same rep from the beginning. As others have noted, this seems to only be from one dealership since I haven't seen others posting about it. This same rep did already relay the info from the GM meeting with Lotus that everything was delayed to the fall. So either they did hear from Lotus confirming they are still getting vehicles in October, or they are just making sure people don't fall out of the funnel.

Porter knows which dealership and said he will call to verify all info. So waiting on him to conclude his "verification process."

They didn't say customers would start receiving their cars in October. I do expect (and hope) dealer demos will arrive this fall...

Um, so.. Remember these super professional and knowledgeable US sales reps only repeat what little info is relayed to their dealer from corporate, which tends to be vauge and misleading information anyway. Our group of forum members are on top of things and will likely know when shipment and certification happens before most dealers do. 😉

Sorry was at work. It was the same dealer McLaren of Scottsdale. They did not say my car was going to be ready. It was stated that Lotus reached out to them and gave them the expectation to receive cars in October.

They didn't say customers would start receiving their cars in October. I do expect (and hope) dealer demos will arrive this fall...

Um, so.. Remember these super professional and knowledgeable US sales reps only repeat what little info is relayed to their dealer from corporate, which tends to be vauge and ocassionaly misleading information anyway. Our group of forum members are on top of things and will likely know when shipment and certification happens before most dealers do. 😉

So what's the preferred route for this forum? Just don't post stuff you hear about and only rely on self-designated Lotus experts to give info? I'm use to other forums where people didn't take things too serious and everyone liked getting updates no matter who they came from.

Sorry was at work. It was the same dealer McLaren of Scottsdale. They did not say my car was going to be ready. It was stated that Lotus reached out to them and gave them the expectation to receive cars in October.

Thanks y'all. I just got off the phone with the folks at Mclaren/Lotus Scottsdale.

The key sales guy there received an email from Lotus USA last week with some general dealer communications in it and some info on upcoming marketing events in various places, including Monterey Car Week. As an aside in that email, Lotus USA made a brief reference to future delivery of Emira vehicles, without any particular detail.

The specific information being relayed is:
  • McLaren Scottsdale was given an expectation that some car (or cars) should be arriving there in October.
  • That does NOT imply that US certification has completed or been successful.
  • That does NOT imply that production has started for US-bound vehicles.
  • Even if a car does arrive, it does NOT imply that that car will be a customer sale unit for a depositor.
Staff at McLaren Scottsdale just explicitly agreed with the above in a literal read-back double-check.

They've been given NO information (new or otherwise) about production schedule or US homologation whatsoever. Just a vague expectation regarding October, and they have no idea whether that refers to a dealer demo or a customer car. Just "cars".

Hope this helps.

Thanks y'all. I just got off the phone with the folks at Mclaren/Lotus Scottsdale.

The key sales guy there received an email from Lotus USA last week with some general dealer communications in it and some info on upcoming marketing events in various places, including Monterey Car Week. As an aside in that email, Lotus USA made a brief reference to future delivery of Emira vehicles, without any particular detail.

• McLaren Scottsdale was given an expectation that some car (or cars) should be arriving there in October.
  • Even if a car does arrive, it does NOT imply that that car will be a customer sale unit for a depositor.
Staff at McLaren Scottsdale just explicitly agreed with the above in a literal read-back double-check.

They've been given NO information (new or otherwise) about production schedule or US homologation whatsoever. Just a vague expectation regarding October, and they have no idea whether that refers to a dealer demo or a customer car. Just "cars".

Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the time to speak to the dealer, get clarification and post it on here 👍

Hope this helps.

Thank you for calling and relaying that info here! 🏆

So what's the preferred route for this forum? Just don't post stuff you hear about and only rely on self-designated Lotus experts to give info? I'm use to other forums where people didn't take things too serious and everyone liked getting updates no matter who they came from.

First off, welcome to the forum @Arkham! I appreciate you commenting here with the news you received. I didn't mean to come off abrasive at all. We've just been waiting a looooong time and have heard so many time frame estimates and endured many MANY delays over the past 2 years (especially in this thread). You're welcome to post any updates you get, but be prepared to cite sources because, like I said, we've heard it all and many of us expected our Emira deliveries in Spring 2022! 😵‍💫

There are no restrictions on what people can post, provided you stick within the published forum rules.

As Lotus have been poor at communicating with customers there is an information vacuum and so rumour and speculation spreads. Everyone is hungry for info and jumps on the latest snippet to analyse and dissect it.

If you’ve heard info from anywhere useful, like a dealer, Lotus USA or Lotus HQ, then feel free to share it. Giving your sources helps others to judge how accurate it might be.

There are no restrictions on what people can post, provided you stick within the published forum rules.

As Lotus have been poor at communicating with customers there is an information vacuum and so rumour and speculation spreads. Everyone is hungry for info and jumps on the latest snippet to analyse and dissect it.

If you’ve heard info from anywhere useful, like a dealer, Lotus USA or Lotus HQ, then feel free to share it. Giving your sources helps others to judge how accurate it might be.
TomE is correct.
Unfortunately we have been reduced to Crowd-sourced means of information updates to fill the official communique voids.
Best to cite the news source, Dealer name, perhaps date of deposit, configuration and color.... this is what bonds us. And witicisms. Or photos. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back