• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I remember the days when I was doing a May build submission, and my dealer got it all locked in and verified. They were telling us July/August '22 builds for October/November '22 delivery. And that was already six months later than the original estimate!

Sitting here more than a year later since build order lock-in, and not only is there no car, and no car being built in the factory... they still don't even have their regulatory approvals to sell the Emira in the United States at all.
Yes I take those estimates as guesswork at best. I have a Jag f-type that I love driving and plan to swap the Emira for that. So while I look forward to getting the car I’m good as long as they hopefully get it here within a year or 2. 🤷‍♂️. Hoping the long wait yields a quality, problem free build! You’d think they would be getting better and better at production scheduling and projections as time progresses.

Yes I take those estimates as guesswork at best. I have a Jag f-type that I love driving and plan to swap the Emira for that. So while I look forward to getting the car I’m good as long as they hopefully get it here within a year or 2. 🤷‍♂️. Hoping the long wait yields a quality, problem free build! You’d think they would be getting better and better at production scheduling and projections as time progresses.
You have exactly the same attitude about it that I had 2 full years ago when I placed my deposit. So full of optimism and gracious benefit-of-the-doubt.

Got my call from Stephen at Holman on Friday telling me I am in the next group for build submissions and to get mine submitted. His best guess at this time was a December build and Feb/March delivery. Getting it by spring would be really nice! I had not looked at the configurator in a while so I was thrilled with the vastly expanded color options. Wasn’t completely sold on any of the original 6 so now thinking Atlantis Blue. Have you settled on a color yet?
Think I’m going Mist White, Full Black Pack, Red Interior. NSX-R colors.

SmartSelect_20230716_094848_Google.jpg

*2.5 years

I guess the algos are trying to help me keep things in perspective this morning. :p (Also, how many of that new Tesla Roadster have been produced so far? You know, the one that they announced back in 2017? 😏)

Goodwood was fantastic… although much more to see than just Lotus. That caterham V was very nice IMO.

Update: due to my travel itinerary I will have to give me full updates next week. So far it’s nothing too interesting and not much more info that we don’t already have

Does anyone have any intel from their dealer (or elsewhere) about V6 vs. I4 allocations? My dealer told me at the end of last week that he got an equal number of allocations (18 each) for the V6 FE (round 1) and the I4 FE. He's oversubscribed (~2x) on V6 orders vs allocations, which is not a surprise. But he only has 2 orders for the I4 and so has excess allocations for those. I was surprised that the take rate for the I4 was so low, and that the allocations were equal. Wondering if this is similar across other US dealers.

Does anyone have any intel from their dealer (or elsewhere) about V6 vs. I4 allocations? My dealer told me at the end of last week that he got an equal number of allocations (18 each) for the V6 FE (round 1) and the I4 FE. He's oversubscribed (~2x) on V6 orders vs allocations, which is not a surprise. But he only has 2 orders for the I4 and so has excess allocations for those. I was surprised that the take rate for the I4 was so low, and that the allocations were equal. Wondering if this is similar across other US dealers.
Our dealer seems to be treating all allocations as a single block and allowing you to select.

Our dealer seems to be treating all allocations as a single block and allowing you to select.
Same here. In anticipation of locking in FE2 spec he asked me..
dealer: did we switch to a 4?
me: hell no
dealer: ok good

Buying a Lotus requires a good sense of humor.

I know frustrations are high dealing with all the delays, but let's try to keep this thread on topic. It's about US/Canada Delivery news and updates. I've moved some of these posts to a different thread. Feel free to continue the debate on how the Emira differs from the Evora there, but please stay on topic here and be nice to one another.

Just got my email requesting final deposit for FE 2.0 from Gator.

Ngl, seeing the cost increase in formal writing really pisses me off. Guess I have to make a final decision before the 24th as to whether I want to keep this disappointment going.

Ngl, seeing the cost increase in formal writing really pisses me off. Guess I have to make a final decision before the 24th as to whether I want to keep this disappointment going.
I received an email from my dealer that I made the cut for an FE 2.0, but wouldn’t be ordering until September/October. They said I would get more details closer to the order date. Is the base price of the FE 2.0 the $105,400 for the V6?

I received an email from my dealer that I made the cut for an FE 2.0, but wouldn’t be ordering until September/October. They said I would get more details closer to the order date. Is the base price of the FE 2.0 the $105,400 for the V6?
Yeah, up $11k from the time I placed my deposit over two years ago… still makes me mad

Maybe you're already aware, but Lotus doesn't require a second deposit. That is a dealer-specific thing.

Haven’t spoken to my dealership since test drive last November so I called today to find out about V2 allocations (in case as others have said they may ask for build code and deposit imminently). Was given no info and sounds unlikely to get an allocation since they won’t even get as many as despots they had pre-announcement, as only 1 person has dropped out.

This is a real piss off given that I put my interest in on announcement day at Goodwood 2021 and have heard many others who did so as late as September and got a V1 FE. Why is Lotus playing so much dealer politics and screwing their end consumer?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back