• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So they tell us the I4 production date before we get the V6 production date? What?
They have given the V6 production date already. In fact they have given it three times, and possibly more that I didn't notice. Something for the I4 buyers to look forward to so as not to feel left out.

They have given the V6 production date already. In fact they have given it three times, and possibly more that I didn't notice. Something for the I4 buyers to look forward to so as not to feel left out.

Yeah, V6 production started May 2022, July 2022, January 2023, May 2023, August 2023, and now it's September 2023. I'm sure it won't get delayed again. 😂

That's my point. The message they're sending is that they are confident in the I4 production date, but we still don't have an official V6 production date, which should be some time between now and January.

That's my point. The message they're sending is that they are confident in the I4 production date, but we still don't have an official V6 production date, which should be some time between now and January.
I don't know, it doesn't sound more confident than the V6 production dates. If they can point to some third party such as US certification for the I4, that would be more meaningful. As of now, a production date from Lotus is just their best current estimate if everything goes well.

I agree it would be an ironic twist of fate if the I4 ends up being delivered in the US earlier than the V6s.

Yeah, V6 production started May 2022, July 2022, January 2023, May 2023, August 2023, and now it's September 2023. I'm sure it won't get delayed again. 😂
Oh it started, for England, the Netherlands, Germany, China,..

Taiwan has been given 18 months (sound familiar) as the timeframe for delivery for deposits placed this summer. And we know China wouldn’t lie to Taiwan.

Exactly! It’s only fair that the i4 deposit holders get the same level of broken promises and lack of updates as the rest of us. Glad to see Lotus understands this and is making changes to correct.
IMG_9338.jpeg

I don't know, it doesn't sound more confident than the V6 production dates. If they can point to some third party such as US certification for the I4, that would be more meaningful. As of now, a production date from Lotus is just their best current estimate if everything goes well.

I agree it would be an ironic twist of fate if the I4 ends up being delivered in the US earlier than the V6s.
Actually, the original sales manager at the Lotus dealership with which I placed my deposit told me that those ordering the i4 would probably be higher on the overall list compared to base V6 orders.

Actually, the original sales manager at the Lotus dealership with which I placed my deposit told me that those ordering the i4 would probably be higher on the overall list compared to base V6 orders.
Sure, that's most likely. It looks like the I4 is finally ready for release so they would certainly satisfy some I4 orders before moving on to the V6 Base.

Just received call from my dealer and looks like FE2.0 allocations are out. I made the cut so he was asking for my order to lock in by end of the month. Would be expected to be here in "March" but not holding my breath.

Just received call from my dealer and looks like FE2.0 allocations are out. I made the cut so he was asking for my order to lock in by end of the month. Would be expected to be here in "March" but not holding my breath.
Don't hold ur breath. Me fe 1.0 is supposed to be here in october...but zero word on us production.

Good news for you. Did he happen to mention what the total dealer allocation was?

Just asked my guy if he heard anything about FE 2.0. He said yes, "bank opens" 8/1 (whatever that means), build 4/1/24 and cars land Q4 2024. Anyone get the same info?

Just asked my guy if he heard anything about FE 2.0. He said yes, "bank opens" 8/1 (whatever that means), build 4/1/24 and cars land Q4 2024. Anyone get the same info?
Haven’t heard a thing from my dealer but given your dates above that doesn’t bode well for base models. Looking at delivery sometime in early ‘25 if this is, indeed, correct….

4 years from deposit to delivery is a tad disappointing.

WTF? Build in April, Delivery in October..... That doesn't make sense.

Yet not much with Lotus makes sense these days.

They will make a decent amount of builds and ship them all in one go, I guess.
Possibly, yet does not make much sense as they can get better shipping rates by filling in available space on a RORO Car Carrier. When shipping to the USA from Europe, several different shipping routes are utilized depending on where in the USA the car is going. So the cars are placed on different ships. Usually manufacturers want to get the car delivered and paid ASAP once the car leaves the factory. For a low volume manufacturer, there are many reasons why it does not make any sense to store and ship at one time - plus think Felicity Ace!

Who Knows??? Not much with Lotus makes sense these days.

Possibly, yet does not make much sense as they can get better shipping rates by filling in available space on a RORO Car Carrier. When shipping to the USA from Europe, several different shipping routes are utilized depending on where in the USA the car is going. So the cars are placed on different ships. Usually manufacturers want to get the car delivered and paid ASAP once the car leaves the factory. For a low volume manufacturer, there are many reasons why it does not make any sense to store and ship at one time - plus think Felicity Ace!

Who Knows??? Not much with Lotus makes sense these days.
Fair point. Yeah who knows, they seem to be doing a lot of strange things with this release

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back