• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

The big question:-
Has anyone in NA heard if production has started ?
It’s now close to mid July and last I heard production for NA was supposed to start.
I have not spoken to my dealership yet but will do so next week
I will be grilling every Lotus employee this Friday @ Goodwood in regard to US/CAN deliveries :).... Stay tuned and will make a post on Saturday about it.

I will be grilling every Lotus employee this Friday @ Goodwood in regard to US/CAN deliveries :).... Stay tuned and will make a post on Saturday about it.
good-luck400.jpg

Hi, I asked the sales rep at the dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth for any updates last week, and he replied they’re still planning on receiving the first 31 Emira’s in late October. So, we will see. I’m an August 2021 depositor and still hanging in.

Yeah there is over 13 pages of used Supras on auto Trader. That should tell you something.
Used Supras are like used C8 Corvettes in that everyone is trying get rich selling them for way more than they are worth. However, when I look up Supras in Autotrader.com, there are very few, even when I select unlimited distance in the US.

Used Supras are like used C8 Corvettes in that everyone is trying get rich selling them for way more than they are worth. However, when I look up Supras in Autotrader.com, there are very few, even when I select unlimited distance in the US.
Your computer must be broke. There is 499 on auto trader. Some are older but still.

Attachments

• 8FC953B9-05D3-4A50-B663-C5188A1FBC00.png
    8FC953B9-05D3-4A50-B663-C5188A1FBC00.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 24
Your computer must be broke. There is 499 on auto trader. Some are older but still.
I'm checking for 2022 - 2023 i6 Premiums. The 2020s were down 47 hp, so they're out of he running. All are way overpriced. If I add 2021, there are 16 vs. 10 results. I guess I left out my filters from the discussion.😏

@Concept24 @Green
You guys had me searching on Autotrader. When I saw the Supras I also searched C8s and saw a ton of those. Would love for this to be its own thread to discuss. Seems like markets have changed.

I'm checking for 2022 - 2023 i6 Premiums. The 2020s were down 47 hp, so they're out of he running. All are way overpriced. If I add 2021, there are 16 vs. 10 results. I guess I left out my filters from the discussion.😏
I actually do not mind the way they look. I think it may have been VL3x that said they were really numb to drive. Don’t quote me but I think it was him. I have never driven one but can’t imagine they are that boring.

I actually do not mind the way they look. I think it may have been VL3x that said they were really numb to drive. Don’t quote me but I think it was him. I have never driven one but can’t imagine they are that boring.

The Supras? Nah, not me. I strongly considered one, but just couldn't get past the looks and BMW interior. I'm fine with the powertrain. It's a great bang for the buck... Just not the car for me. Didn't make me excited or feel engaged when look at or driving one.

I didn't like the looks at first, but when I see one in-person (which is very rare), it looks very aggressive-impressive. Every year, Toyota adds color(s) and features. I like radar cruise, since I have it now as part of my Mazda 3's Tech package. I don't think the 2022s had that.
Interior sound level at 70 MPH is a very good 68 db - another plus for highway driving. My MX5.s sound level is about 74-76 db.

I didn't like the looks at first, but when I see one in-person (which is very rare), it looks very aggressive-impressive. Every year, Toyota adds color(s) and features. I like radar cruise, since I have it now as part of my Mazda 3's Tech package. I don't think the 2022s had that.
Interior sound level at 70 MPH is a very good 68 db - another plus for highway driving. My MX5.s sound level is about 74-76 db.

When you don't want a Porsche, Vette, or M Car your options start to get slim. So Supras were high on my list.

When you don't want a Porsche, Vette, or M Car your options start to get slim. So Supras were high on my list.
I'm also looking at Evoras, but I'd have to modify the seat a bit. The 400s in perfect shape can be had for $75k
NSXs are still a bit pricey for me, but I love the looks, reliability, and acceleration.

The Supras? Nah, not me. I strongly considered one, but just couldn't get past the looks and BMW interior. I'm fine with the powertrain. It's a great bang for the buck... Just not the car for me. Didn't make me excited or feel engaged when look at or driving one.
I would own one if not for the styling, which just isn't my cup of tea. It's not bad, it's just that it looks a bit melted, like an automotive version of Droopy the cartoon dog.

The big question:-
Has anyone in NA heard if production has started ?
It’s now close to mid July and last I heard production for NA was supposed to start.
I have not spoken to my dealership yet but will do so next week
Update time spoke to someone this afternoon and was told NA production starting Sooon very very soon just could not confirm if this year or next

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back