• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Forgot to add the 68k Golf (including ADM). How in the world?
IMG_1054.jpeg

Supras with the i6 here are being sold at $6k over MSRP. Even that would be too much for me.

Jersey dealer sells them for sticker. Almost ordered a Stratosphere Blue one a few months ago.

But yeah, we've all seen crazy markups this past year or two. Golf Rs selling for $30k over sticker.. GTIs going for $40k+.. New Z for nearly $90k.. Porsche GT cars marked up over $100k! The markets gone mad.

I guess as long as buyers pay the hostage fee, dealerships will keep expecting it. It's really sad.
Supply and demand. Fortunately, while the dealers benefit, they’re not part of the equation. Manufacturers want to sell more cars and meet the demand. Although aside from supply chain problems, we live in weird times. High interest rates and the looming possibility of recession makes projecting sales difficult at best. I can certainly understand being conservative. That said, your guess is as good as mine 🤪

I guess as long as buyers pay the hostage fee, dealerships will keep expecting it. It's really sad.
It seems as though the ADM is for those who really want the car first. Not agreeing or disagreeing just thinking of the psychology and why this is happening. Then I ask myself how much, if any, would I pay to get my Emira faster? Knowing the loyalty of car enthusiasts my gut instinct tells me it would be better for dealerships to sell at MSRP and get a brand loyalist into their dealership buying cars and getting cars serviced for themselves and the friends and family they will refer.

It seems as though the ADM is for those who really want the car first. Not agreeing or disagreeing just thinking of the psychology and why this is happening. Then I ask myself how much, if any, would I pay to get my Emira faster? Knowing the loyalty of car enthusiasts my gut instinct tells me it would be better for dealerships to sell at MSRP and get a brand loyalist into their dealership buying cars and getting cars serviced for themselves and the friends and family they will refer.
Yea, but car buyers are not loyal on the whole. Money today is better than the possibility of money in the future.

Yea, but car buyers are not loyal on the whole. Money today is better than the possibility of money in the future.
I hear a lot of people saying that their dealership didn't charge them an ADM. Then they go on to say
"'Well I have bought 4 vehicles from them."

I hear a lot of people saying that their dealership didn't charge them an ADM. Then they go on to say
"'Well I have bought 4 vehicles from them."
Pretty much. The Mercedes dealer I use had a mark up on a G wagon and they told me I could likely have it at msrp if I wanted. Weirdly it's the only thing I've ever seen there that had a markup

Last edited:
Agreed. Just don't buy them. The market will correct. Screw these types of dealers. I could afford these cars but no way would I do business with business people who I consider dirtbags. Don't waste your money that you worked for in overpaying for anything. That is how you build wealth. Smart financial decisions.

This is unacceptable. The previous car at Autosport also broke down several months ago, and no one got a test ride

How is this even possible ?

The same issues occurred over a year ago with the original European press tour.

People want to believe that Lotus makes a reliable car because they've invested so much time and interest -- and I can't blame them. The reality is it's a new car for them with the same engine and a brand new factory doesn't really fix anything if the culture hasn't changed at Lotus.

You've seen and will continue to see the following comments:

- Forums have a disproportionate amount of complainers.
- Mine is fine!
- My Evora with 8,000 miles was _flawless_.
- Just look at this anecdotal example of [Insert Competitor].
- That's just how owning an exotic exclusive car is like.

And finally...

- It's your fault for being an early adopter.

Apparently i4 variant is officially debuting at Goodwood this year
Also from the article
“Lotus is expected to bring the AMG-powered Emira to US soil in the first quarter of 2024.”

The same issues occurred over a year ago with the original European press tour.

People want to believe that Lotus makes a reliable car because they've invested so much time and interest -- and I can't blame them. The reality is it's a new car for them with the same engine and a brand new factory doesn't really fix anything if the culture hasn't changed at Lotus.

You've seen and will continue to see the following comments:

- Forums have a disproportionate amount of complainers.
- Mine is fine!
- My Evora with 8,000 miles was _flawless_.
- Just look at this anecdotal example of [Insert Competitor].
- That's just how owning an exotic exclusive car is like.

And finally...

- It's your fault for being an early adopter.
....reminds me of Corvette buyers. They really hope that finally, an American auto company got their act together and is now on par with any Japanese company as far as reliability and quality.
Here's yet another sad story with a new C8:

So a friend has this nice c8 convertible. This is the reason I both wanted and am now avoiding a c8.

This car would not start one day. It had been driven the day before and is garage kept under a cover on the charger every time it’s not being used. It’s absolutely babied. So the dash is backlit but nothing is displayed and the car won’t even engage the starter. He calls the dealer and they give him a bunch of things to try, none of them work. Call roadside assist, they come and refuse to tow the car as it can’t go into neutral. Now at this point back on the phone with the dealer. This circus started in march and finally after driving to the dealer and meeting the new shop forman in June they agree to send someone to the house. A month later it’s now the beginning of july, 4 people from the dealer show up and begin trying this and that. Eventually they manage to get it in neutral and out on the driveway ready to be towed, they taped the bag over the window and said someone will be here soon, nobody showed. The next day we called and nobody showed up. Called the dealer and they didn’t say much. It’s now still sitting in the driveway and it’s the weekend. It’s been storming occasionally and I think the tape and garbage bag might not be stopping water from going in the car. I called the gm Canada customer service line just before 9 and the lady herd what I had to say then told me to call gm Canada and gave me the same number I just called. I even said can you have someone call us this is really bad and we need help. Anyone else have an idea on what to do here… another neighbor said call the insurance company at this point. We can’t even push it back into the garage where it would be dry.

Sorry but the volume of issues with the EMIRA is unacceptable so far. I accept that there will be teething pains but the issues are way to big and frequent so far on this forum.

If you want to compare it to the C8 Corvette teething pains, its like apples to oranges,

GM is QUICKLY responding to C8 issues. Blown C8 Zo6 engine ? you get a brand new car and you are put first in line and get your car remade within a few weeks and delivered. BANG DONE. GM wants owners happy.

This LOTUS crap is really a turn off for me. Too bad.

The quantity of new Supras being shipped to dealerships is very low, so yes, pretty much every one arriving at a dealership is either pre-reserved or is snapped up, quickly, even with an ADM.
possibly in California. Here in NY they sit on dealers lots unsold.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back