• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Current schedule is North American engine build dates starting September. Take that as you will.
Just the engine? Is that Toyota building the engines or Lotus massaging them? Edit: Not expecting answers to these questions, they just popped in my head.

Update from Gator…

This week, Lotus Cars will debut the Emira I4 First Edition at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England.

Before this, we are pleased to announce pricing for the U.S. market! First Edition AMG I4 Emira will start at $99,900, plus cost options and inland freight. Production for North America will begin in January 2024, and order allocations for this variant are expected in the near future.

The online configurator has been updated to reflect the newly announced pricing, and you can configure your Emira by using this link: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/emira#configure

More information & technical specs' for AMG I4 Emira can be found here: https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news...rful-four-cylinder-lotus-sports-car-ever.html

Please note that the above information is exclusive to First Edition AMG I4 Emira. Please refer to the email communication we sent in March for details on all other Emira variants— " Updates from the Lotus USA Dealer Conference '23 ". To clarify in advance, we have not yet received our order allocations for First Edition V6 '2.0' Emira described in that message.

$100K for an i4 -- dang.
It’s like lotus is actively wanting to make people cancel their orders.

I’m honestly considering it at this point. Over two years since I placed my deposit. Missed the FE boat by 2 slots. I was rewarded with a price hike and even further wait. I even took a trip to Europe for a factory tour just to see the car in person before it was touring the US.

It’s getting ridiculous though, and the more issues I see, the more delays…I’m losing faith. Also losing the drive I had in the pursuit of owning this car. Silver lining is they are forcing me to consider being more responsible with my money lol.

Lotus obviously doesn’t give a shit about its customers. Combine all this with the nonexistent dealer network in the us, and I think the logical choice is to just say screw it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

I had every intention of this being a “forever” car, but the likelihood of keeping this thing on the road long term seems like an insurmountable task. Imagine trying to get spare parts for it before they end production, and then consider years after that date…smh

I'm also looking at Evoras, but I'd have to modify the seat a bit. The 400s in perfect shape can be had for $75k
NSXs are still a bit pricey for me, but I love the looks, reliability, and acceleration.
I am also looking at Evora's - my issue is that the GT's are selling at or over original ask price (3year old car) - so it feels like a bad trade once the Emira's hit the market - which is the eventual play. Like owning bitcoin at $70K or something...

It’s like lotus is actively wanting to make people cancel their orders.
This is a great theory. You sell 6000 Evoras in 10 years. You launch a new car and get 5000 deposits in two months. Problems abound including some of your own making. Jack the price up to reduce demand. To me it actually makes good business sense unfortunately. In the end Lotus is a business.

$100K for an i4 -- dang.

When I first placed my deposit I never thought I would be priced out of the car. But unfortunately it's now a possibility. By the time NA BASE camp moves forward, who knows what the price will be. I believe I will be looking at 120K plus out the door by the time my number is called if I want to spec it like an FE. I have been a staunch, firm deposit holder but this is the first crack in my armor. The silver lining is I probably won't be called until Q4 2024 so just gotta keep saving I guess but there is a limit.

When I first placed my deposit I never thought I would be priced out of the car. But unfortunately it's now a possibility. By the time NA BASE camp moves forward, who knows what the price will be. I believe I will be looking at 120K plus out the door by the time my number is called if I want to spec it like an FE. I have been a staunch, firm deposit holder but this is the first crack in my armor. The silver lining is I probably won't be called until Q4 2024 so just gotta keep saving I guess but there is a limit.

Think about it this way, if you had been saving money this whole time, you could pay cash. It actively benefits you to NOT finance this vehicle with the outrages interest rates.

$100K for an i4 -- dang.
$100k is for the FE though, but still... that's more than the V6 FE was originally. I'm starting to wonder if they aren't deliberately trying to thin down the order book, so they can get this car out of mass production and clear the factory for the Type 135. Right now, basically the Emira is in the way so to speak.

Strange days.

I had every intention of this being a “forever” car, but the likelihood of keeping this thing on the road long term seems like an insurmountable task. Imagine trying to get spare parts for it before they end production, and then consider years after that date…smh

This concern resonates with me quite a bit. I do this with my bicycle gear like shoes. If I find something I like, I buy 3 pairs because I know they'll discontinue them and there won't be any repairs.

Hoping the Emira won't be like that in say 10 years from now. Medium to long term components like wheel hubs/bearings and control arms might not be so easy to come by. I usually keep my cars a long time but maybe the Emira is a temporary car and not a forever car?

Missing the FE boat by 2 slots with that kinda dedication just sucks, sorry dude.

Yellow reflectors in the headlights would be a dead giveaway.
Not 100%. Audi has amber in the front, at least in Holland.
IMG_0142.jpeg

Update from Gator…

This week, Lotus Cars will debut the Emira I4 First Edition at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England.

Before this, we are pleased to announce pricing for the U.S. market! First Edition AMG I4 Emira will start at $99,900, plus cost options and inland freight. Production for North America will begin in January 2024, and order allocations for this variant are expected in the near future.

The online configurator has been updated to reflect the newly announced pricing, and you can configure your Emira by using this link: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/emira#configure

More information & technical specs' for AMG I4 Emira can be found here: https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news...rful-four-cylinder-lotus-sports-car-ever.html

Please note that the above information is exclusive to First Edition AMG I4 Emira. Please refer to the email communication we sent in March for details on all other Emira variants— " Updates from the Lotus USA Dealer Conference '23 ". To clarify in advance, we have not yet received our order allocations for First Edition V6 '2.0' Emira described in that message.
So they tell us the I4 production date before we get the V6 production date? What?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back