• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1000003535.jpg

My theory is that Lotus will not deliver a single US car until all of us - _all_ of us - completely give up hope.

So take one for the team and embrace despair! It’s the only way.

Pittsburgh dealer called me earlier this week asking if I would be interested in placing an order for the FE I4. Seems like he really wanted more people to order those. He also said I had missed the FE V6 2.0 cut by about 10ish orders (I was 29th for the base V6). 19-20 allocations seems about on par with the number of FE V6 1.0’s. We got to talking about base V6 spec and he seemed to hint that if it were spec’d to the FE level, we could be looking at some steep price points (i speculate 120k+). Just something to think about. Unfortunately, no new updates on build or delivery timeline.

Pittsburgh dealer called me earlier this week asking if I would be interested in placing an order for the FE I4. Seems like he really wanted more people to order those. He also said I had missed the FE V6 2.0 cut by about 10ish orders (I was 29th for the base V6). 19-20 allocations seems about on par with the number of FE V6 1.0’s. We got to talking about base V6 spec and he seemed to hint that if it were spec’d to the FE level, we could be looking at some steep price points (i speculate 120k+). Just something to think about. Unfortunately, no new updates on build or delivery timeline.
At the time of my collection, a few weeks back, the guys told me a base car with FE spec will be a minimum of £3k more. I would expect this to be 5k+ come end of the year, as the cost of everything seems to show no signs of slowing down!

Do you happen to know which allocation you were for base in North America? I was number 156 for base models in NA. I'm wondering if I'll get a call for FE V6 2.0.

Do you happen to know which allocation you were for base in North America? I was number 156 for base models in NA. I'm wondering if I'll get a call for FE V6 2.0.
I think that would depend on what position you were at at your specific dealer. For me it was 29th on my dealer list for the base V6. I’m not sure what that translates to for all US deposits.

For anyone keeping track of such things. Today I received an email from Gator confirming that they just got another batch of I4 FE allocations. I am scheduled to place my order in October with a March production month.

As of last week I was 18th in line for the I4 at Gator (was #21 upon placing my deposit in Aug2022).

So realistically no NA cars till earliest 2qtr 2024 at best. And so the s..t show
continues.
I have a great relationship with my dealership so will pop in there probably tomorrow and see if I can get some credible info.
Evora GT needs a service so I have an excuse to go there and bug them
I'm a deposit holder also in Dallas. My guy doesn't respond to my texts. Let me know what they say.

I actually do not mind the way they look. I think it may have been VL3x that said they were really numb to drive. Don’t quote me but I think it was him. I have never driven one but can’t imagine they are that boring.
This concern resonates with me quite a bit. I do this with my bicycle gear like shoes. If I find something I like, I buy 3 pairs because I know they'll discontinue them and there won't be any repairs.

Hoping the Emira won't be like that in say 10 years from now. Medium to long term components like wheel hubs/bearings and control arms might not be so easy to come by. I usually keep my cars a long time but maybe the Emira is a temporary car and not a forever car?

Missing the FE boat by 2 slots with that kinda dedication just sucks, sorry dude.
If you got deep pockets, you could pick up a pair of Emiras (or more). One to drive, and the other as a parts car. 😆😝

I'm a deposit holder also in Dallas. My guy doesn't respond to my texts. Let me know what they say.
As soon as I can get there I will post here anything I can find. Did not get a chance to go today. Going to try tomorrow.
Worst case taking the Evora on Tuesday for a service.
When did you place your deposit?

Saturday while I was preparing for my daughter's wedding, I received a call from the Lotus dealership informing me that they FINALLY had received the additional allocations dubbed "V2.0". A couple days later, I received written email communication with additional details, so I put together this video to share the latest news and where I'm at in all this. If you like the video, please give me a Like, Comment or Subscribe to my channel. Curious how other Emira deposit holders have reacted to this news. Best, Peter

Not my dealer, but interesting none the less. Guess the demand for the I4 isn't there?

1689966019114.png

There is definitely movement now on the US "FE 2.0" allocations. Based on some of the rumblings here, I reached out to my dealer today (Lotus Charlotte) to see if they had received their allocations. He said that they just did and I was very happy to learn that I made the 2.0 cut! I gave him my build code and my order will be submitted in August, with an estimated January 2024 build month. I asked about CARB emissions certification progress and he wasn't sure, but said that he believed the "issues had been addressed". He still believes that they will be receiving their first FE Emiras sometime in October, including their demo vehicle. Of course we all know how the journey has been to this point, so all of this is subject to change, but I'm pretty psyched right now.

My guess as to why we will see a tight deadline on these V2 V6 F/E orders and subsequently i4 F/E orders is they will be wanting to put the base configurator live for UK customers. I imagine that the UK V6 F/E order book is going to close Aug 1st and the base configurator to go live in September in the UK. They will probably want all V6 F/E's (V1 and V2) to be specced and 2nd deposits placed before this happens.

What the pricing will be is interesting - I think in the UK the Emira hype being over and the economy (high rates) is putting a little bit of downward pressure on pricing. So releasing the base V6 will add a bit more excitement and of course the new colour range to order from. The next 2 months will be interesting as from the looks of it they will have completed the Chinese i4's in the next couple weeks.

It will take them approx. 3 months to complete all North American V6 orders and I will assume that will lead right into i4 F/E's for UK/EUR/ROW. Makes sense to see base Emira production start Q2/3 of 2024 and for that the configurator would need to go live sooner rather than later. So far it looks like the V6 is outselling the i4 by a wide margin and because of that I think the i4 F/E run will not be as long as they first anticipated.

My guess as to why we will see a tight deadline on these V2 V6 F/E orders and subsequently i4 F/E orders is they will be wanting to put the base configurator live for UK customers. I imagine that the UK V6 F/E order book is going to close Aug 1st and the base configurator to go live in September in the UK. They will probably want all V6 F/E's (V1 and V2) to be specced and 2nd deposits placed before this happens.

What the pricing will be is interesting - I think in the UK the Emira hype being over and the economy (high rates) is putting a little bit of downward pressure on pricing. So releasing the base V6 will add a bit more excitement and of course the new colour range to order from. The next 2 months will be interesting as from the looks of it they will have completed the Chinese i4's in the next couple weeks.

It will take them approx. 3 months to complete all North American V6 orders and I will assume that will lead right into i4 F/E's for UK/EUR/ROW. Makes sense to see base Emira production start Q2/3 of 2024 and for that the configurator would need to go live sooner rather than later. So far it looks like the V6 is outselling the i4 by a wide margin and because of that I think the i4 F/E run will not be as long as they first anticipated.
My guess
I imagine
I think
I will assume

This is why this entire thread exists.
It’s just so sad.

And we already know that UK i4 builds start in August as well…

Saw this on FB earlier…Interesting note regarding FE V6 builds…

Attachments

• 040E72C5-68C8-4A9A-9678-290606372BAC.png
    040E72C5-68C8-4A9A-9678-290606372BAC.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 172
There is definitely movement now on the US "FE 2.0" allocations. Based on some of the rumblings here, I reached out to my dealer today (Lotus Charlotte) to see if they had received their allocations. He said that they just did and I was very happy to learn that I made the 2.0 cut! I gave him my build code and my order will be submitted in August, with an estimated January 2024 build month. I asked about CARB emissions certification progress and he wasn't sure, but said that he believed the "issues had been addressed". He still believes that they will be receiving their first FE Emiras sometime in October, including their demo vehicle. Of course we all know how the journey has been to this point, so all of this is subject to change, but I'm pretty psyched right now.
I’m two off of an FE 2.0 at Charlotte. Daniel said he’s reaching out to people on the list to see who might still be waiting for a base or I4. Fingers crossed.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back