• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Since the ordering was done in 3 separate months, March, April and May of last year, it looks like they're going to ship that way (3 separate shipments). Your dealer seems to think he's getting cars in September through November, but from what Lotus has posted, engine builds begin in September, not cars arriving. I believe it takes a month just for the ship to get to the U.S. I'm expecting at least 90 days from build to arrival in the U.S., so September builds would begin arriving in December, October arriving in January, and November arriving in February.
I don't believe the info, only relaying the words. Resigned to believing it when I see it.

Your dealer seems to think he's getting cars in September through November, but from what Lotus has posted, engine builds begin in September, not cars arriving.
Where was this posted?

Since the ordering was done in 3 separate months, March, April and May of last year, it looks like they're going to ship that way (3 separate shipments). Your dealer seems to think he's getting cars in September through November, but from what Lotus has posted, engine builds begin in September, not cars arriving. I believe it takes a month just for the ship to get to the U.S. I'm expecting at least 90 days from build to arrival in the U.S., so September builds would begin arriving in December, October arriving in January, and November arriving in February.

Correct. Best case scenario. Still need to wait on certs too.

Saw this on FB earlier…Interesting note regarding FE V6 builds…
Regarding the Notice issued from Lotus Cars USA, I never received it. Official communications have decidedly fallen off.
(anyone on here for any length of time fears missing messages).
Could it be it only went to i4 depositors?
Can anyone else confirm Official receipt?
Thanks

My dealer in Dallas just texted saying that all they know is that they are getting the first 36 thru Sept to Nov. No info about 2.0.
Just to add further question marks; Lotus Dallas got 31 allocations originally in 2021. But who's counting.
How is it other Forum members have been reporting Dealer contacts re: 2.0 confirmations for the past week? Were the dealer allocations notices sent by 3rd class mail?

I was thinking that FE 2.0 V6 cars will be 2025 cars since they will likely be made in 2024. Makes up a bit for the price hike?

I wanted to ask everyone's opinion here?
I have an allocation of a FE1 Emira but there is a dealer markup but it's in LA and I live in Texas (I'll have to pay for shipping here). But the delivery is scheduled for Nov/Dec 2023. It's seneca blue ext with ice grey leather interior. It's not bad but not my first choice (Verdant green, tan interior)
However, I found out Dallas may have allocations and they do not charge ADM (yet to confirm until tomorrow). My concern is how reliable are these allocations? Is it likely I will get my car even if it means waiting a few more months, or can/will Lotus pull allocations away? Also concerned about my place in line if there is a large waitlist and I'm near the bottom.

Is it worth the ADM and shipping cost from LA or should I be patient, save some money and hope things work out in Dallas?

I have an allocation of a FE1 Emira but there is a dealer markup but it's in LA and I live in Texas (I'll have to pay for shipping here). But the delivery is scheduled for Nov/Dec 2023. It's seneca blue ext with ice grey leather interior. It's not bad but not my first choice (Verdant green, tan interior)
However, I found out Dallas may have allocations and they do not charge ADM (yet to confirm until tomorrow). My concern is how reliable are these allocations? Is it likely I will get my car even if it means waiting a few more months, or can/will Lotus pull allocations away? Also concerned about my place in line if there is a large waitlist and I'm near the bottom.

Is it worth the ADM and shipping cost from LA or should I be patient, save some money and hope things work out in Dallas?
I'm sure you'll get plenty of better informed replies shortly, but if you've got an FE 1.0 allocation locked in and you bail on it for a new allocation in Texas you're going to be waiting a long, long time as most FE 2.0s are already far gone at this point so you'd be looking at a base model likely sometime in 2025 if not later.

Reactions: Txs

See K_Squared above. Sound advice.

Reactions: Txs
I'm just curious/confused, did you order something and regret the color combo choice and later want a different color combo? Just confused how you got an FE1.0 spot and didn't get what you wanted.

I'm just curious/confused, did you order something and regret the color combo choice and later want a different color combo? Just confused how you got an FE1.0 spot and didn't get what you wanted.
I bought an allocation from someone who ordered the car but changed their mind. I got it in hopes of trading with someone else who I thought wanted Seneca Blue and already had the Green/Tan combo.

How much markup? Ouch.
$20,000
However, since this is FE 1.0, they honored the original base price of $95k instead of $105k so my net price was around $112k after some negotiating. In total I'm paying maybe $4k-$5k markup but delivery is Nov instead of next year or even 2025

$20,000
However, since this is FE 1.0, they honored the original base price of $95k instead of $105k so my net price was around $112k after some negotiating. In total I'm paying maybe $4k-$5k markup but delivery is Nov instead of next year or even 2025
Yup. I know the car exactly. It was offered to me but spec including color was too far out from what I wanted.

Yup. I know the car exactly. It was offered to me but spec including color was too far out from what I wanted.
Did they also add ADM? I don't mind it but I would rather get someone I want

I bought an allocation from someone who ordered the car but changed their mind. I got it in hopes of trading with someone else who I thought wanted Seneca Blue and already had the Green/Tan combo.
Others may have a different view, but for $100K+ I'd rather wait and get exactly what I wanted, than to second guess myself after buying something in my head that was the second choice.
It's sort of like never talking to the girl you are actually interested in, and just getting married to the girl you know that will say yes.

At this rate looking to be MY25.
Maybe MY26. If I remember correctly many moons ago (early 2022)Lotus said due to delay that FE1.0 NA cars would be MY24 we all should have known they knew this then.
Just don’t have the time or energy or patience to go find that original email from Lotus

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back