• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Fine. I guess I'll shut up then as it really doesn't concern me as I'm getting an i4 . Just trying to be helpful. But just want to raise a point. How long has the dealership you're dealing with been a Lotus dealer and how long did your sales person worked for them. Mine dated back to the Esprit days and my guy was with them back then. I don't know who the Top Lotus person is but mine talks to the head of service in LA all the time.

Also, Did you dealer tell you why there's do few demo events nowadays. it's because of the 12 press car brought to the US, 4 have since been retired due to varies pre-production issues so there's like only 5-6 of them available since 2 are always at the service depot for training and such. And if you deal with a small or new Lotus dealership, You probably won't see a demo until the FE arrives as the dealership is now responsible to the transportation cost.

Actually the first dealership (which was a bit closer to me) was a newer one and the salesperson have no idea what's he's talking about, quoting me 3 years lead time and wants a $5K deposit so I went to my current after talking to the owner of my old SAAB dealer (which is currently a VW dealer) that I've known since 1984.

I get this vibe from that post:

dodge-stratus.gif

How long has the dealership you're dealing with been a Lotus dealer and how long did your sales person worked for them.
I believe the dealer opened their first new car dealership in this location in 1961 but I'm not sure when they became a Lotus dealer. I know it's been at least 25 years because there are indications online regarding customers buying Esprits from them. My salesperson has been there for at least 15 years, I don't know the exact number. But does it matter? Why is it even relevant? I don't care if a salesperson came out of the womb with a Lotus brochure in their hands, they aren't going to have any meaningful access to timely information about production that's any different from the folks on this forum.

Also, Did you dealer tell you why there's do few demo events nowadays. it's because of the 12 press car brought to the US, 4 have since been retired due to varies pre-production issues so there's like only 5-6 of them available since 2 are always at the service depot for training and such. And if you deal with a small or new Lotus dealership, You probably won't see a demo until the FE arrives as the dealership is now responsible to the transportation cost.
I don't share that perspective, because I've seen the car in person at dealer events on 3 different occasions, two of which were with my own dealer, and I test-drove it twice. Like many others on this forum, I've had my deposit down since the original launch, and have been working closely with dealers to get the opportunity to see and experience the car ever since. Your impression that there are "so few" demo events may be a symptom of the latecomer flu.

I think there is a non-zero chance that it won't get worked out and Lotus will just have to abandon the US market for the Emira V6. I don't think it's a high chance yet, but I think it's non-zero. And at this point I would not be surprised at all to get a call from my dealer with further bad news. How Not To Launch A Car.
I said this a few dozen posts ago…

My apologies for the duplication. If you go far enough back in this thread you'll cycle through the 5 stages of grief more than a few times. The only thing Lotus has delivered to the US since 2021 is disappointment.
So are we starting to think that the V6 FE will be abandoned in NA?

No, that's not going to happen. It would be detrimental to Lotus to not only lose those orders but also piss off all their current and potential customers.
Agreed.

But that being said, I'm curious what quarter causes a significant number of people to walk away from orders. Like if we still don't have any deliveries in Q2-Q3 2024, I could see a large number of people deciding to just buy something else. The ICE days are near their end, and you'd hate to miss out on everything waiting for a hope.

Agreed.

But that being said, I'm curious what quarter causes a significant number of people to walk away from orders. Like if we still don't have any deliveries in Q2-Q3 2024, I could see a large number of people deciding to just buy something else. The ICE days are near their end, and you'd hate to miss out on everything waiting for a hope.

I mean... I walked away (for now). As did @TomE and numerous other OG forum members.

There are new people learning and getting excited about the Emira every day though and new members to this forum. It's been a rough couple years for many of us who had deposits down in early/mid 2021 and were originally told "spring 2022 delivery." I'm sure others will have a better (shorter) ordering to delivery experience and be happy. For now though, I have zero regrets cancelling. I had my GT on The Glen last week, British Car Club show tomorrow morning, and an exotic car rally this Sunday. Every weekend has been filled with car fun since "just buying something else." I'm confident there will be many Emira available for folks wanting to get one after this initial launch happens, supply chain and teething issues are resolved, and the hype dies down. :)

As long as Lotus sells a meaningful amount of EV’s in North America, future emissions targets should not be much of a concern going forward. However Toyota putting the engine out of production is possible, but again unlikely. Toyota probably pumps out 1 years worth of V6’s in a couple weeks for lotus, then goes back to other power trains. I am sure there is a contract in place to be able to supply x amount over x many years etc.

There’s also this ; https://www.epa.gov/regulations-emi...volume-manufacturer-alternative-ghg-standards

Looks like low volume manufacturers are good until 2032 in USA from what I can understand.

Attachments

• IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 87
I believe the dealer opened their first new car dealership in this location in 1961 but I'm not sure when they became a Lotus dealer. I know it's been at least 25 years because there are indications online regarding customers buying Esprits from them. My salesperson has been there for at least 15 years, I don't know the exact number. But does it matter? Why is it even relevant? I don't care if a salesperson came out of the womb with a Lotus brochure in their hands, they aren't going to have any meaningful access to timely information about production that's any different from the folks on this forum.

I don't share that perspective, because I've seen the car in person at dealer events on 3 different occasions, two of which were with my own dealer, and I test-drove it twice. Like many others on this forum, I've had my deposit down since the original launch, and have been working closely with dealers to get the opportunity to see and experience the car ever since. Your impression that there are "so few" demo events may be a symptom of the latecomer flu.
..,... 'came out of the womb with a Lotus brochure in their hand?'
Certainly speaks to adding lightness to that undercarriage.

My apologies for the duplication. If you go far enough back in this thread you'll cycle through the 5 stages of grief more than a few times. The only thing Lotus has delivered to the US since 2021 is disappointment.
Wow. Ouch.. Yeah.

Looks like low volume manufacturers are good until 2032 in USA from what I can understand.
Well, good in the sense that they don't have to comply with the same exact emission limits as standard manufacturers, but they are still on a requirements schedule that is more stringent than what the last version of the Evora was able to achieve. I believe the fleet average limit for SVMs for NMOG+NOx for 2022-2027 is 0.51 g/mi.