• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I’d respectfully disagree…. We’re 2.5 years post the Goodwood reveal end the U.S. has yet to receive a dealer demo and any CARB approval is still pending. I’d expect the aforementioned to be imminent but still not a certainty.

The “fire” ain’t exactly out yet based on the fact that they’re producing 40 cars a day and SOME of those vehicles are likely destined for the U.S. market. I’d cautiously proffer that they MAY have the fire under control but it’s far from out….
It's out for England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Italy, Dubai, China, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia and probably a few others I haven't thought of. It just isn't out for us yet, but it's getting there.

I think this sensor information is great info - thanks! That along with side marker difference really reaffirms those cars are bound for NA.

But I do wonder if the sensors are larger because of the perceived "weight issues" of the U.S. drivers and that your tour guide was being nice and said it is a regulatory reason.......?
There's a reason Brits say 'cheeky.'

It's out for England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Italy, Dubai, China, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia and probably a few others I haven't thought of. It just isn't out for us yet, but it's getting there.
It’s just been been relit for UK and Euro i4’s with more indeterminate delays announced…..

It’s just been been relit for UK and Euro i4’s with more indeterminate delays announced…..
Look on the bright side, maybe they're fixing the gearbox shift lag. 😂

Well silent at the moment, but maybe that's about to change. Who knows? Maybe this indicates an official shift in responsibility for things that will include communications. We'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt it is a shift in communication strategy…Today’s communication is more likely the result of a regulatory requirement.

Us Americans speak with my money, and I will speak to Lotus with no more money after the Emira, not like I am their target audience anyways. Ive had dealers roll out the red carpet when buying a 15k car. Not that I am expecting it, but I remember somewhere Lotus wanted to be a premium brand...Im not mad at the dealers, just Lotus as a company.

Wow, what a bunch of kids. I feel for those that placed deposit upon announcement but did anyone of you noticed that a little thing called COVID happened and there's on going supply chain issues all over the world even to this day. It's especially true for products that needs physical labor (I've had to shut down production for 3-4 days when someone came up positive multiple times). The semi-auto production equipments needed for production was probably delayed. Which means that instead of a reduced production volume like established manufacturer. They probably couldn't even start production or at the volume level when they intended to. Sure better communication probably would have helped but as a manufacturer myself. There're times that I wouldn't even give my customer an estimate time for the product as supply chain lead time changes everyday and can be totally unreliable even if they have a date.

Last edited:
Sooo... back to the topic of this thread, we're thinking another 3–4 months until the first deliveries arrive in North America, yeah?
Hoping for December honestly.

Sooo... back to the topic of this thread, we're thinking another 3–4 months until the first deliveries arrive in North America, yeah?
That’s what I’m thinking as well, which doesn’t give me a whole lot of time to sort my car out to sell it for the Emira.

That’s what I’m thinking as well, which doesn’t give me a whole lot of time to sort my car out to sell it for the Emira.

Nothing official has come out, you have plenty of time, however the sports car market tends to slow down during the colder weather.

Just booked the Introduction to Sports Cars for April of 2024. Going to get some seat time and do the tours. Going with a longtime friend. Very excited.

Looking at March or April also. What are the hotel options, I only see The Bird in Hand close by or would it be better to stay at Norwich.

Just booked the Introduction to Sports Cars for April of 2024. Going to get some seat time and do the tours. Going with a longtime friend. Very excited.
Did that event in June. Be sure to let them know when you get to the trailer (at the track) for a LHD car if thats important to you. I even emailed a few days before to ensure one was available, they still were surprised when I asked for one. Luckily they found one.
Bird in Hand is super convenient if you're using a taxi and want a basic place near Lotus.

Back