• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just a data point...
October 2nd, Long Beach, CA...
NYK Vessel: Themis Leader
7 X LOTUS EMIRA 2023 FIRST EDITION V6 (MANUAL-AUTOMATIC) - SHIPPED ON BOARD

Does not disclose what spec they were, but they were imported.
For sure they disembarked at Long Beach and didn't travel on to Japan?

Don't get your hopes up yet. I doubt these are end customer vehicles. It's probably just dealer vehicles as it really does not make sense to deliver 7 end customer vehicles for all of west coast. (I'm pretty sure they're using the same provision in the EPA rules that allows them to get in the dozen press cars). Wonder how often do they ship from the factory? Weekly? Bi-weekly? or Monthly as the qty in the next few shipment will tell us if US release is imminent.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up yet. I doubt these are end customer vehicles. It's probably just dealer vehicles as it really does not make sense to deliver 7 end customer vehicles for all of west coast. (I'm pretty sure they're using the same provision in the EPA rules that allows them to get in the dozen press cars). Wonder how often do they ship from the factory? Weekly? Bi-weekly? or Monthly as the qty in the next few shipment will tell us if US release is imminent.
I was
Just a data point...

Hmmm…CARB testing, perhaps?

Just a data point...

I am continually amazed at the quality of detective work on this forum

I definitely am not getting my hopes up. That's why I wondered if he knew for sure the vehicles left the ship or if they traveled to the next destination which is Japan.

Just a data point...

Maybe those are the "small army of Emira's" Matt was talking about for the Lotus gathering last year?

Just a data point...

Probably demos - I think customer cars are 2024

Yes... direct from the US Customs Import log:
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 4.02.15 PM.png

Last edited:
This is a ludicrous take. There is NOTHING unreasonable with expecting quarterly updates even if it is "nothing has changed" when you hand a company thousands of dollars. It takes one person with a form email to knock this out once a quarter. Spare me your indignation. You obviously have never been in business or sales or have any understanding of acceptable business practices.
Except you DIDN'T hand Lotus thousands of dollars, you handed it to a dealer. Lotus hasn't received a dollar from you. The proper channel is Lotus contacts the dealer with updates, and either the dealer contacts you, or you contact the dealer and get the latest news. If you want to complain to somebody, complain to your dealer.

Not only have I been in business, I've also worked in manufacturing, production, supply and retail. I've worked from the small single product jobber level, to a major international corporation level.

Here's your quarterly update: Nothing has changed.

I bet you didn't know that, huh. Feel better now?

I test drove a V6 automatic yesterday and I'm interested in your thoughts. I have mixed emotions about the car now. Lots of things to like, but likewise disappointed in other characteristics. It may not matter because I ordered the i4, but I was hoping I'd like the V6 more than I did.
I didn't make it to the festival of speed unfortunately. I am test driving tomorrow. Can you post your disappointment items among other things in the test drive thread?

I have had an order in since July 2021 and ZERO communication from Lotus manufacturing. If you allocate that to "culture", I don't want any part of said culture. There is something called basic business principals and courtesy. And so far, Lotus has been a complete failure in this. When people hand you thousands of dollars for deposits and wait years and you can't take the time to send just quarterly updates, you are not doing business in an acceptable corporate or any business manner. That is the bottomline.
I don’t disagree . The beauty is you have the choice up request a refund get your money and move on.

I truly don’t understand how people can be so upset and still stay in , those really pissed are going to be over the moon pissed when it does show and and has issues.

Those folks will be kicking themselves for not getting out before they are fully committed to buying the car.

Seems like some really want to just stay in their abusive relationship.

I have come to accept that lotus sucks at communication and I’m not going to waste my energy getting mad about something I can’t change.

I just went to the factory to see for myself what was up. Didn’t show up to complain or throw a fit because I haven’t gotten a quarterly email or call.

Really enjoyed the hospitality and bought some merchandise in the gift shop since I was able to try it on and get the right size.

That's done remotely -- same with EPA.
The 7 FE1's might be a fresh batch of Tour cars? IIRC non-US Spec non-certified cars have a time limit on how long they can be on USA soil. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hmmm... anyone one see anything interesting:
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 4.41.01 PM.png

June 26th... 120 Lotus Emira V6 FE's (Manual and Automatic) were shipped to Long Beach, CA!!! 🤯

Update: Looks like these went to Japan. "Shipped On Board" Apologies for the false alarm.

Last edited:
Except you DIDN'T hand Lotus thousands of dollars, you handed it to a dealer. Lotus hasn't received a dollar from you. The proper channel is Lotus contacts the dealer with updates, and either the dealer contacts you, or you contact the dealer and get the latest news. If you want to complain to somebody, complain to your dealer.

Not only have I been in business, I've also worked in manufacturing, production, supply and retail. I've worked from the small single product jobber level, to a major international corporation level.

Here's your quarterly update: Nothing has changed.

I bet you didn't know that, huh. Feel better now?
That's a pretty shit take IMO. Of course there's a channel for information, but Lotus' failure to provide information from the top is the exact problem. It's not like they've been giving much more info to ROW, either.

I have to submit my final config by the 15th. Those of you that have already done it. Did you just use the configurator here
and give them the code that was generated when you save or did you list everything out?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back