• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Started unpacking goodies for when the car finally arrives.

Have a few others not here yet

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Started unpacking goodies for when the car finally arrives.

Have a few others not here yet
I am going to buy that valve controller as well. I know a lot of people are looking to delete the 3rd cat. On the Milltek UK site, they have a GPF/OPF bypass pipe for the Emira. I'm not sure if this bypass pipe eliminates the 3rd cat or exactly what it accomplishes.

I have been in contact with Milltek in the US (www.milltekcorp.com) based in Knoxville, TN. You can order the valve controller on their website and they said they could manually add the bypass pipe (from the UK) to my order, however I wanted confirmation on how exactly to eliminate that 3rd cat (what piece to order) before moving forward.

I am going to buy that valve controller as well. I know a lot of people are looking to delete the 3rd cat. On the Milltek UK site, they have a GPF/OPF bypass pipe for the Emira. I'm not sure if this bypass pipe eliminates the 3rd cat or exactly what it accomplishes.

I have been in contact with Milltek in the US (www.milltekcorp.com) based in Knoxville, TN. You can order the valve controller on their website and they said they could manually add the bypass pipe (from the UK) to my order, however I wanted confirmation on how exactly to eliminate that 3rd cat (what piece to order) before moving forward.

I'm seeing mixed reports about how much of a difference it makes to delete the 3rd CAT. I'm definitely also interested in the valve controller. I wish there was a way for the car to "remember" the preferred driving mode so that I don't have to set it each time.

Did US get a new batch of Tour cars? Haven't seen this spec in the USA yet. Looks like Earth Motors?

Did US get a new batch of Tour cars? Haven't seen this spec in the USA yet. Looks like Earth Motors?
This is detailing prior to cars moving into the display area at Earth Motors (aka Lotus of Dallas). Wonderful Emira test drive series and Lotus 66 reveal. See The great big all customer drive thread.

This is detailing prior to cars moving into the display area at Earth Motors (aka Lotus of Dallas). Wonderful Emira test drive series and Lotus 66 reveal. See The great big all customer drive thread.
I didn't see it in the test drive thread... how far back is it?

yep the GPF/OPF bypass is the 3rd cat delete. there isnt a OPF on the Emira and their naming of that part sure has caused lots of confusion

I'm seeing mixed reports about how much of a difference it makes to delete the 3rd CAT. I'm definitely also interested in the valve controller. I wish there was a way for the car to "remember" the preferred driving mode so that I don't have to set it each time.
there sure was a massive difference when the same mod was done to the Evora. id imagine it would be very similar for the Emira since the engine + exhaust is the same/similar

I didn't see it in the test drive thread... how far back is it?
4days ago in Vegas both videos below were made.

I called the dealer in FL to ask if they're were going to be more test drives, he had no clue what I was talking about. All I could do is "okie dokie" and wait patiently for a sign.

This guy drove the same car and compared it to a Gallardo. Random video, but I've literally crossed shopped these online.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20231011_162926.jpg
    20231011_162926.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 20231011_161848.jpg
    20231011_161848.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 20231011_142110.jpg
    20231011_142110.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 93
4days ago in Vegas both videos below were made.

I called the dealer in FL to ask if they're were going to be more test drives, he had no clue what I was talking about. All I could do is "okie dokie" and wait patiently for a sign.

This guy drove the same car and compared it to a Gallardo. Random video, but I've literally crossed shopped these online.
I almost purchased a used 2009 to 2014 Gallardo before putting a deposit on an Emira. My neighbor just got an 2008 gallardo spyder. I found some with 10k to 20k kms only. Can't beat the v10 sound and power.

Lotus: "Due to the on going conflict on the Gaza Strip, we unfortunately have to delay the Emira by 12-15 months for the North American Market. We understand this is frustrating, however rest assured we will be doing only a 9% price increase."

there sure was a massive difference when the same mod was done to the Evora. id imagine it would be very similar for the Emira since the engine + exhaust is the same/similar
I can shed some light on this as I've had the decat on my Emira since July and I've driven a UK spec Evora 410 on a number of occasions (the UK Evora had no 3rd cat from the factory). The decat does indeed make a BIG difference to the sound on the Emira, more than I was expecting. In Sport or Track at high revs it sounds absolutely feral. In the standard car the predominant noise at high revs is is the supercharger whine; with the decat the whine is drowned out by the exhaust howl. Honestly, you would have to be a deaf metal freak to want it any louder :) . From memory, If anything I would say it is a tad louder than the Evora 410. Fortunately it remains pretty civilised when just cruising.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back