• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Almost the middle of the month. Surely Lotus will relay some information soon? If they are to hit the November/December it would be nice to get a heads up to make some money liquid.

Almost the middle of the month. Surely Lotus will relay some information soon? If they are to hit the November/December it would be nice to get a heads up to make some money liquid.
Just stuff it into a high yield cash account - many are offering 5% on your cash just sitting there. It's what I'm doing anyways, and I don't have to worry about it losing value in the market.

Just stuff it into a high yield cash account - many are offering 5% on your cash just sitting there. It's what I'm doing anyways, and I don't have to worry about it losing value in the market.

Yeah, I have mine in a account making around 5%, I know other people may be more diversified than I am.

I can shed some light on this as I've had the decat on my Emira since July and I've driven a UK spec Evora 410 on a number of occasions (the UK Evora had no 3rd cat from the factory). The decat does indeed make a BIG difference to the sound on the Emira, more than I was expecting. In Sport or Track at high revs it sounds absolutely feral. In the standard car the predominant noise at high revs is is the supercharger whine; with the decat the whine is drowned out by the exhaust howl. Honestly, you would have to be a deaf metal freak to want it any louder :) . From memory, If anything I would say it is a tad louder than the Evora 410. Fortunately it remains pretty civilised when just cruising.

Is is too loud or does it drone? I don't mind aggressive, especially if it's only when you really get on it at mid-to-high rpms, but I don't want too/obnoxiously loud and definitely don't want any droning. Sounds like you are happy with it, but wanted to clarify.

Is is too loud or does it drone? I don't mind aggressive, especially if it's only when you really get on it at mid-to-high rpms, but I don't want too/obnoxiously loud and definitely don't want any droning. Sounds like you are happy with it, but wanted to clarify.

There is no drone at any speed. In Touring at moderate revs it sounds pretty much the same as standard. However in Sport it sounds very aggressive above 4000 rpm - raw, visceral and exciting. I can imagine some people might find it too much, but then as soon as you back off it all calms down nicely. For me it is is a good balance as the car is a weekend toy, but it would probably not be a good idea for a daily driver.

I am told it still sounds reasonably discreet outside the car at low revs, which for me is a win. There used to be a guy in my village who had a Gallardo with a ridiculously loud after-market exhaust. You could literally hear it coming a mile off and then he would blip the throttle needlessly coming down the main street. Not cool at all. I definitely wouldn't want to be that guy :)

For me it is is a good balance as the car is a weekend toy, but it would probably not be a good idea for a daily driver.
So you won't be that guy if you;
  • do your daily commutes and grocery runs in Tour mode
  • only use Sport/Track modes in the mountains
Hmmm, maybe I should go for the de-cat instead of the valve controller. Less weight, one less component to break, one less remote to lose...

Another week down. No memes today on the Lords day. Everyone stay strong out there! My friend gave me some renewed justification for the Emira.

Another week down. No memes today on the Lords day. Everyone stay strong out there! My friend gave me some renewed justification for the Emira.
What renewed justification let us all know.
Hope was not they are coming soon 😂
But if CARB verification is being approved by tomorrow then that’s renewed justification 😊

I would like to hear the renewed Justification.

Last edited:
What renewed justification let us all know.
Hope was not they are coming soon 😂
But if CARB verification is being approved by tomorrow then that’s renewed justification 😊
I would like to hear the renewed Justification.
Hoping your friend is okay

He is more sane than I am, he actually was able to get his deposit back last year after he saw and drove the car. We had discussed some of my other options (Noble, Ultima, Rossian). He owns some pretty unique vehicles, the Drakan for example, and he stated the short drives of excitement are followed by LONG delays with things being worked on. He said just hold out and it will be wonderful when I get it.

Now it's a waiting game till next spring, just ordered some decals (laurels- in Lotus parlance... )to keep the spirits up. Might look good on DV. Mine is Nimbus- thinking of putting them on from quarter panels below the rearview mirrors.

Also, a kind gentleman from Ohio (on lotus talk..) made lot of individualized plaques for Elise owners including one for me- almost 10 years ago for free.
1697392474626.jpeg

Pretty neat. I wish some one makes the same for Emira owners too- may be a group buy once the car arrives.

Received this email this morning from “Scott”, whom I assume is the same “Scott” that was my tour guide at the Factory on Sept. 19th. This was in response to my Factory Tour Feedback survey feedback, in which I stated my disappointment on the “tight-lipped” answers to my questions about U.S. Emira production and delivery schedules:

Received this email this morning from “Scott”, whom I assume is the same “Scott” that was my tour guide at the Factory on Sept. 19th. This was in response to my Factory Tour Feedback survey feedback, in which I stated my disappointment on the “tight-lipped” answers to my questions about U.S. Emira production and delivery schedules:
Good to hear. I think that was my tour guide too. Maybe they should promote him to VP of customer relations. Its probably a vacant position.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back