• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hmmm... anyone one see anything interesting:
@4MIR3 Where can I get this list? It eliminates out all the guesswork of comparing the outbound logs of Southampton with the inbound schedules of Yokohama. Unless it is for vessels stopping by US ports (westbound Panama canal route) only.

Not sure why this made me think of Lotus, but LOL :ROFLMAO: (replace with Lotus where you think) :

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, DASHER! now, DANCER! now, PRANCER and VIXEN!
On, COMET! on CUPID! on, DONNER and BLITZEN!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!:ROFLMAO:

@4MIR3 Where can I get this list? It eliminates out all the guesswork of comparing the outbound logs of Southampton with the inbound schedules of Yokohama. Unless it is for vessels stopping by US ports (westbound Panama canal route) only.

I would bet money you could argue and get your money back they breached the delivery timeline.

You were told 6 months by the dealer who is the one doing the non refundable portion not lotus
No timeline in the contract. Lesson learned on my part. Still excited about the car, but not the manufacturer.

That was my understanding.
scarzie said:
Interesting that they're listed as MY2023, aren't all US cars supposed to be MY2024?

In the past, Lotus have changed their model year (in terms of any specification updates, etc.) build designation around September of the previous year. However, in the UK and much of Europe we tend to focus on registration date (especially as our registration plates reflect this) as the measure of a car's age and value, as opposed to manufacturer model year.....

I have to submit my final config by the 15th. Those of you that have already done it. Did you just use the configurator here
and give them the code that was generated when you save or did you list everything out?
I sent the dealer the code as a basis and there was an issue with it adding the privacy glass back in. The dealer should read back everything you list to confirm it. He told me they dont actually submit the "config code" but a fill in type listing to Lotus to build the car. Get the final config in writing listing all options so if it arrives incorrect you have something to prove it.

I test drove a V6 automatic yesterday and I'm interested in your thoughts. I have mixed emotions about the car now. Lots of things to like, but likewise disappointed in other characteristics. It may not matter because I ordered the i4, but I was hoping I'd like the V6 more than I did.
This comment seems to have been lost in the jumble below. I’m scheduled for a test drive of V6 automatic today. What characteristics didn’t impress you?

Except you DIDN'T hand Lotus thousands of dollars, you handed it to a dealer. Lotus hasn't received a dollar from you. The proper channel is Lotus contacts the dealer with updates, and either the dealer contacts you, or you contact the dealer and get the latest news. If you want to complain to somebody, complain to your dealer.

Not only have I been in business, I've also worked in manufacturing, production, supply and retail. I've worked from the small single product jobber level, to a major international corporation level.

Here's your quarterly update: Nothing has changed.

I bet you didn't know that, huh. Feel better now?
It's certainly your prerogative to accept terrible business practices that involve your money. Defending Lotus's complete refusal to even send one email a quarter is laughable. Doesn't matter if nothings changed, there is a way to conduct business in a professional manner and you are fine that is not how Lotus operates. Again, your prerogative.

"I saw them pull all kinds of things that should have gotten them investigated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, like failing to pay off a customer’s trade in on time, resulting in the person taking a massive hit to their credit score over a vehicle they didn’t even have anymore."

They can't make payments on time and Lotus can't make deliveries on time. Match made in heaven.

I sent the dealer the code as a basis and there was an issue with it adding the privacy glass back in. The dealer should read back everything you list to confirm it. He told me they dont actually submit the "config code" but a fill in type listing to Lotus to build the car. Get the final config in writing listing all options so if it arrives incorrect you have something to prove it.
Thanks. I'll give then the code and a full listing then just in case.

Last edited:
Not really, not in some industries. Ask the offshore wind industry.
Unfortunately, we're talking about cars. And even the most remote, insignificant markets have been getting deliveries for some time.

Just inexcusable.

Reactions: vdr
It's certainly your prerogative to accept terrible business practices that involve your money. Defending Lotus's complete refusal to even send one email a quarter is laughable. Doesn't matter if nothings changed, there is a way to conduct business in a professional manner and you are fine that is not how Lotus operates. Again, your prerogative.
So are you still in or are you out?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I've certainly seen more Emira-centric posts from Lotus on my Facebook feed recently.

Could the be trying to drum-up some interest ahead of an announcement, perhaps?

Or maybe nothing at all. 😂

Screenshot_20231010_181422_Facebook.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back