• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

There is vacant Director-Type Approval position as well!- It is a permanent position.

Shit! How? How much? And WHERE I CAN BUY ONE OF THESE?

Seems fairly cheap, pretty cool.

Just fyi Naples Motorsport just told me they have 60 cars on a boat on the way over as we speak
I'll believe this when we have some sort of proof in the form of shipping manifests, photos of the cars at the port of Baltimore, etc. Anything that doesn't originate from Lotus or dealers will suffice. Oh the irony.

You say that every year! :p
Yeah, but if you think about it, in 2021 when the car was debuted, we just had a studio model and one running proof-of-concept. In 2022 they started building and shipping customer cars, although production was struggling with something like 10 a day. In 2023, production is in full swing and they're now producing 40 cars a day. Despite the lack of communications, they're at least producing more cars than ever before, and supposedly (according to at least Park Place at Bellevue) at least some of the NA cars are either on the boat, or at the dock waiting to be loaded for the U.S.

The big fly in the ointment is CARB certification, but hopefully we'll get some news on that front .... wait for it.... "soon". :D

Just fyi Naples Motorsport just told me they have 60 cars on a boat on the way over as we speak

(Stops in Canada before Baltimore)

He said they were emiras - sorry didn’t clarify
If they have been cranking out 40 emiras per say since September, and are only shipping 60 over....typical LOTUS. Geely needs to GUT lotus and send some people over that know what they are doing as proven by their history.

Shit! How? How much? And WHERE I CAN BUY ONE OF THESE?
Petrol vibes is correct. They're having a black Friday sell now. The size i got is Medium and regular type. Took about 2 weeks total so not the typical.....soon. Actually was soon.

If they have been cranking out 40 emiras per say since September, and are only shipping 60 over....typical LOTUS. Geely needs to GUT lotus and send some people over that know what they are doing as proven by their history.
Well the implication was that was 60 for Naples, not NA. So if they are getting 60 then I'd expect a large shipment in general is being made.

That being said... we will see if those 60 can even be confirmed.

I'm going to embrace my inner @Eagle7 and say there's an optimistic take, that Lotus was going to fire the Type Approval heads and was just waiting until CARB cert was complete to do it. (though the fact they're trying to recruit replacements baffles me, as this is the last ICE model)

How many people in the world have these qualifications? Has to be under 100 right? Crazy to hire this externally as others have said and not use internal Gelly resources.
View attachment 33631
An automotive engineer who is an expert on emissions certification, sure, but add on cyber security practitioner - agree, you would be lucky to find 100. Right now, the US has a shortage of 4M security professionals to fill available jobs according to ISC2. So the cyber security "desirable" is interesting. We (former team) have done a ton of CAN bus hacking, and supply chain delivery hijacking for OTA software and hashes (for protection purposes mind you), but I'm stumped on cyber security for this role. We always had a "guy" that handled all Federal certifications, but he was in no way a security technologist.
Especially stumped given the Emira does not have OTA updating. Possibly the protection for the chain of custody for software delivered to the dealers? Very confused, but my grey hat activities went by the side with my move to AI foundational modeling a couple of years ago, so maybe I am missing something..

I'm going to embrace my inner @Eagle7 and say there's an optimistic take, that Lotus was going to fire the Type Approval heads and was just waiting until CARB cert was complete to do it. (though the fact they're trying to recruit replacements baffles me, as this is the last ICE model)
Even if it's the last ICE engine, I wonder if a car brand still has to fill out the paperwork for every model regardless of engine type.

Well 3 separate boat did leave for the US over the weekend and there were reports of 100s of U.S. model sitting in the factory lot from varies people that did the factory tour near the end of Oct but no one believes them.

Oh. before anyone say CARB. I don't think Lotus will put 100s of them on boats only have to pay port storage fees when they arrive. Afterall multiple boats leaves for the U.S. every week.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back