• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

T Minus 24 hours till we get the run around again.

It's mandatory for EU cars come July 2024. Thus the reason for the Job posting? ...that's only 7 months from now!
OK, this is a good explanation, thank you - based on my reading, for Lotus and the Emira we are talking about DevSecOps and data protection to ensure safe operability of the software and protection of PII. Not, for any OTA security. So then the question becomes would this role be posted for the subsequent EV platform that may be built in Hethel? Doesn't seem likely at all, but maybe the new platform requires some sort emissions testing and reporting too? (wishful thinking since the new Lotus EVs do have OTA)

The Cyber Security component is being a little over-analyzed. It's in the "desirable" section, and way down on that list, with no elaboration other than "cyber security". It could just be a general reference to someone with some cyber security experience, such as implementing cyber security requirements at prior jobs.

I have no doubt security is a key consideration for cars that offer OTA software updates and always-on network connectivity. However, I would gather that the bulk of the work is going to be done at Geely and Hethel just needs to be involved in the implementation.

Edit: Implementation has a very specific meaning in software/systems engineering - it's not the coding/building part, which happens in development. Implementation is putting the finished software/systems into use.

Reactions: kin
From my dealer:
Sounds like the big Monday meeting is no big deal! 😕
IMG_1102.jpeg

Teams call, so I mean it could be....Big........

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back