• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So the firing of the emissions engineer and type approval head were not because CARB had been complete and their services were no longer required.

On a plane to FL and just remembering it was two years ago (technically the 29th from looking at photos) that I got to see the Emira in person for the first time in Orlando. Was going to the same conference I’m heading to now. Long wait…

Just got a call from my dealer.
There ARE cars on the water currently.
Cars will go to the dealers, but dealers cannot release the cars until CARB approval, which they anticipate getting in January. Any automatics and 4 cylinder cars are a long way out for the U.S. market….maybe a year.
Why automatics? If true I’m out. I can no longer daily a manual for medical reasons and I’m not waiting another year.

Just got a call from my dealer.
There ARE cars on the water currently.
Cars will go to the dealers, but dealers cannot release the cars until CARB approval, which they anticipate getting in January. Any automatics and 4 cylinder cars are a long way out for the U.S. market….maybe a year.
Interesting that just a month ago dealers were pushing I4 FE's as still being available and delivery sooner than a Base V6.

Hopefully @GatorMotorsport will be providing updates as it seems they are the only ones with as accurate as possible information. The fact no updates in awhile is telling in that all other dealers are just repeating hearsay. While I'm not an auto, that is an odd statement from azlambo's dealer about not receiving anytime soon. I hope that is not accurate for the v6 auto as I'm sure however many people there are with one on order (especially for the first or second order batch) are going to be beyond irritated.

Hopefully @GatorMotorsport will be providing updates as it seems they are the only ones with as accurate as possible information. The fact no updates in awhile is telling in that all other dealers are just repeating hearsay. While I'm not an auto, that is an odd statement from azlambo's dealer about not receiving anytime soon. I hope that is not accurate for the v6 auto as I'm sure however many people there are with one on order (especially for the first or second order batch) are going to be beyond irritated.
I have a v6 auto coming and Naples told me March delivery with January build.

Are you telling me we FE v6 auto customers must wait another year?! Has any other dealership said this? I can't wait another year, man. That means I'll be 19 when I get my car😖

Just had this exchange with my sales rep!!

Screenshot_20231127_144202_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_144545_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_145846_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

I wanted to create a thread specific to the USA/Canada to track what everyone is hearing for delivery timelines.
Don't hold your breath.. I was told a date and they asked for more money, then the date was moved by 60 days with no guarantee. Fun..

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back