• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Maybe a handful of Emiras are "on the way," and Lotus tells those dealerships to prepare. Other dealerships do not have any updates because no cars are headed for that dealership for now. 11 cars, 49 cars, 60 cars, etc. I think that is how many Emiras are headed for that specific dealership, not for the entire North America.

Maybe a handful of Emiras are "on the way," and Lotus tells those dealerships to prepare. Other dealerships do not have any updates because no cars are headed for that dealership for now. 11 cars, 49 cars, 60 cars, etc. I think that is how many Emiras are headed for that specific dealership, not for the entire North America.
Yes. The info I got was that all FE 1.0 cars (49 of them) from Lotus Bellevue are on a boat to Baltimore or already at Baltimore.
Given what we directly experienced from the past two years, the dealers know less than we do. They admit to learning about news from customers who in turn get their news from this forum. It's not an assumption, it's a fact pattern demonstrated consistently across multiple dealers all over the country. The only exception is Gator Motorsports, and their current silence on the issue supports the likelihood that there has been no direct communications from Lotus about "cars on boats". They confirmed that US cars have been built, but specifically said that none have been shipped as of a couple of weeks ago.
But based on what @Nova posted, Gator said that none have been shipped.
A previous post stated that 11 cars from lotus glenview is coming on 11/28.
I bet the cars are not yet inbound on US soil yet.
11/28 should be a “BIG” date for the forum, ”IF TRUE”.

Well, I'm an FE2.0 orderer from Nov. 2021. Going to be in Hethel first week of April 2024 for their Emira Introduction to Sports Cars class. Just booked lodging at Dunston Hall Hotel. Hoping to go learn how to properly drive this car, and then hopefully by the time I'm back in the states they have got their shit together and my car arrives. Probably a lofty goal based on how things are going, but if any of the above news is true, it may just play out that way.
Have a fun trip, can you report back if any NA cars are being built....?

Thanks man. I surely hope so. Supra is really fast on the track and that is one of the reasons I want to try it out.
I also think that Emira and Supra are two best new RWD manual sportscar you can buy under 100k usd.
But somehow, this thread has some supernatural power. Right after I posted that the car supposed to be arrive at the dealership, it got delayed for 6 more days. Now showing Nov 27th... F@#k
Play lotus games, win lotus prizes (ie a delay on your Supra)

Reactions: Max
An automotive engineer who is an expert on emissions certification, sure, but add on cyber security practitioner - agree, you would be lucky to find 100. Right now, the US has a shortage of 4M security professionals to fill available jobs according to ISC2. So the cyber security "desirable" is interesting. We (former team) have done a ton of CAN bus hacking, and supply chain delivery hijacking for OTA software and hashes (for protection purposes mind you), but I'm stumped on cyber security for this role. We always had a "guy" that handled all Federal certifications, but he was in no way a security technologist.
Especially stumped given the Emira does not have OTA updating. Possibly the protection for the chain of custody for software delivered to the dealers? Very confused, but my grey hat activities went by the side with my move to AI foundational modeling a couple of years ago, so maybe I am missing something..
I understood like 4 of those words

An automotive engineer who is an expert on emissions certification, sure, but add on cyber security practitioner - agree, you would be lucky to find 100. Right now, the US has a shortage of 4M security professionals to fill available jobs according to ISC2. So the cyber security "desirable" is interesting. We (former team) have done a ton of CAN bus hacking, and supply chain delivery hijacking for OTA software and hashes (for protection purposes mind you), but I'm stumped on cyber security for this role. We always had a "guy" that handled all Federal certifications, but he was in no way a security technologist.
Especially stumped given the Emira does not have OTA updating. Possibly the protection for the chain of custody for software delivered to the dealers? Very confused, but my grey hat activities went by the side with my move to AI foundational modeling a couple of years ago, so maybe I am missing something..

It's mandatory for EU cars come July 2024. Thus the reason for the Job posting? ...that's only 7 months from now!

I'm also pissed other depositors at Naples have gotten shirts and I have not... I don't want to act spoiled but as a FE1 depositor I'm miffed
They did this recently maybe a couple weeks ago you should have yours by now. If not hit up Patricia. Shes seems pretty knowledgeable to. I send messages of screenshots in here. And whether it’s what I want to hear or not she’s been very honest and upfront

Last edited:
There is a dealer meeting on Monday. First deliveries are “on water”.

Source: a dealer, I won’t dox
Time: about 30 mins ago, in person.
Interesting! So this is a Lotus-led meeting of all US dealers?

Interesting! So this is a Lotus-led meeting of all US dealers?
While I can’t be 100% sure this is my understanding, yes. When he said the same in the past, it was when they last had a big meeting with all US dealers and we got more info. He added he would learn the VINs that are en route.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back