• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

They can't send cars to dealers until they are legal to sell.

I’m not saying the standards are the same, I’m saying the days of buying a car in some other state and it not being compliant in California are over. You could buy a Mercury Monarch at a dealer in Cleveland and the same in San Diego and the CA one would have a “California Emissions” cert.

I love that cars are on boats - but nobody knows what car or who the car belongs too...and we are going to try and get VIN information, but we don't know how or when. This will be fun when my Emira breaks down and I need a part - Lotus will send a bunch of parts, and when they arrive, we will sort thru them to determine if the part I need has been included. This is going to be a tremendous ownership experience, I can feel it.
About cars being on boats, bound for the U.S., and actually being NA FE 1.0 Emiras……..I’ll believe it when U.S. Dealers show pics of the cars at their dealerships.

As DertheDer would say, “BIG, IF TRUE”.

And when the first one of those cars actually gets released to its owner…….now THAT would be HUGE, IF TRUE”!

FWIW - One of my track buddies is friends with Lotus’ former North American rep that drove the first Evora all across the country to the dealers for demos. This guy is still close with folks at Lotus corporate and told my friend to tell me that the goal is for all North American FE 1.0 Emiras to be released to dealers on January 1.

That same guy (if it's who I think it is) told me the goal was Spring 2022 (when I test drove in Dec. 2021) and that "there would be zero hold ups getting certs since it's the same powertrain as the Evora GT."

That same guy (if it's who I think it is) told me the goal was Spring 2022 (when I test drove in Dec. 2021) and that "there would be zero hold ups getting certs since it's the same powertrain as the Evora GT."
If it’s the same guy, he passed on new (to him) intel…On a positive note, Jan. 1 would fit a timeline that has Emiras shipping at the end of November through early December.

Myself and I think 2 others in the United States have the earliest deposits. If they are going in order i should be getting a phone call Monday.

Myself and I think 2 others in the United States have the earliest deposits. If they are going in order i should be getting a phone call Monday.
Why would they be going in order? They’re just going to go in whatever is most convenient for logistics distribution.

Why would they be going in order? They’re just going to go in whatever is most convenient for logistics distribution.
100%. I think I remember videos of them doing batches by color. So it could be Emiras 1, 14, 87, etc being delivered first.

I just got back from Lotus Bellevue. I talked to the general manager, and he told me that ALL the FE 1.0 cars are either at Port of Baltimore now, or on the boat soon to be unload to the port. They are hoping the cars will be at the dealership end of December or early January 2024. The GM also mentioned that he expects the CARB certification will be passed pretty quickly as there are very limited items to be tested in addition to EPA test albeit stricter rules.

I can see several contradicting things:
1. ALL (49 FE 1.0) FE 1.0 from Lotus Bellevue are on the ship from Lotus Bellevue. Lotus Glenview claims 11/40 cars are on bound and the rest are soon to be shipped.
2. The general consensus on the forum is that the CARB emission test is hard to pass and can take pretty long to get it done. While the GM claims that the CARB test is an easy one and it can be done pretty quickly.

I have a Supra coming next week, if Emira is gonna be here by Jan 2024, I will not take delivery of the Supra (I will be on travel for 3/4 of December and beginning of Jan). I am so frustrated by this situation. I can only keep one of the two, according to my wife…

I just got back from Lotus Bellevue. I talked to the general manager, and he told me that ALL the FE 1.0 cars are either at Port of Baltimore now, or on the boat soon to be unload to the port. They are hoping the cars will be at the dealership end of December or early January 2024. The GM also mentioned that he expects the CARB certification will be passed pretty quickly as there are very limited items to be tested in addition to EPA test albeit stricter rules.

1. ALL (49 FE 1.0) FE 1.0 from Lotus Bellevue are on the ship from Lotus Bellevue. Lotus Glenview claims 11/40 cars are on bound and the rest are soon to be shipped.
2. The general consensus on the forum is that the CARB emission test is hard to pass and can take pretty long to get it done. While the GM claims that the CARB test is an easy one and it can be done pretty quickly.

I have a Supra coming next week, if Emira is gonna be here by Jan 2024, I will not take delivery of the Supra (I will be on travel for 3/4 of December and beginning of Jan). I am so frustrated by this situation. I can only keep one of the two, according to my wife…
BIG IF TRUE

No disrespect to you, but we get 2 or 3 of these posts per day now. Tell your guy, pics or GTFO.
No offense taken.
I feel as if I am dating a lying and manipulative B$T#h. The first thing I do every morning is to check this thread. Some days nobody post anything new (memes don’t count but appreciated), and I felt empty. Some days we got news and I am so pumped and hyped up. And there are some days I got multiple news that contract to each other, and I am lost…

Remember when Lotus owned their own emissions lab in the USA and certified the Evora and parts of the Evora 400? All those Geely Billions should have been to make products not bicycles.

Tell her one is her present.

I just saw Santa and he's upset about the Emira.

20231124_182050.jpg

I get it people have been waiting a while with no communication - but why do yall think the dealers are all conspiring to lie that the cars have been shipped if they have not.. not sure why the dealers would all be wrong about this.

I get it people have been waiting a while with no communication - but why do yall think the dealers are all conspiring to lie that the cars have been shipped if they have not.. not sure why the dealers would all be wrong about this.
I don't think people think the dealers are lying. I think people think the dealers and being LIED to, and they just report whatever they hear regardless if they have suspicions themselves.

My dealer since I put a deposit down in 2021 has been consistently negative about Lotus, and will openly tell you that when he gets info from Lotus directly that you should believe it about 25% of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back