• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Why would you be out if they prioritize US for I4 deliveries? Just curious.
If I4 arrives before V6 is what I was meaning.
People should definitely get the I4 not arguing about that.
I’ve had my deposit down since beginning July 21
So just a little frustrated at this point. Same as many others on this forum.

It’s every one at this point. The days of “California Emissions” are long gone
Why they don’t change the name from California Air Resources Board to something else? Leaving the name CARB makes it seem like it’s only a CA thing… like USARB or NAARB

If I4 arrives before V6 is what I was meaning.
People should definitely get the I4 not arguing about that.
I’ve had my deposit down since beginning July 21
So just a little frustrated at this point. Same as many others on this forum.

Oh, I am thinking the V6 will arrive first, but maybe followed quickly by the I4. I doubt I4 would arrive before V6 as well.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can.

Why they don’t change the name from California Air Resources Board to something else? Leaving the name CARB makes it seem like it’s only a CA thing… like USARB or NAARB

Because for Model Year 2024/25/26, EPA Light Vehicle Emission Standards are very different from CARB Light Vehicle Emission Standards. The current administration has EPA moving to harmonized requirements with CARB, yet that can not happen until the new standards for 2027 and beyond are released.

I am unsure why @Hell4Leather keeps stating the falsehood that EPA & CARB have the same light vehicle standards today? They do not and you can look this up on the various EPA & CARB websites. Beyond the Emission standards, EPA & CARB have different standards (exemptions) for Small Low Volume Manufacturers.

Thus for Model Year 2024.... Lotus has to deal with the 2 different regulations in order to sell in all 50 states.

Because for Model Year 2024/25/26, EPA Light Vehicle Emission Standards are very different from CARB Light Vehicle Emission Standards. The current administration has EPA moving to harmonized requirements with CARB, yet that can not happen until the new standards for 2027 and beyond are released.

I am unsure why @Hell4Leather keeps stating the falsehood that EPA & CARB have the same light vehicle standards today? They do not and you can look this up on the various EPA & CARB websites. Beyond the Emission standards, EPA & CARB have different standards (exemptions) for Small Low Volume Manufacturers.

Thus for Model Year 2024.... Lotus has to deal with the 2 different regulations in order to sell in all 50 states.
Anyone else remember 13 years ago when the UK government gave Lotus a grant to do plug in hybrid demonstration vehicles, and they made an Evora 414E and then Infiniti used it as a show car too? Then Danny Bahar ruined many things. Lotus could have been . . . Nevermind, so many ways to end that sentence

I’m not saying the standards are the same, I’m saying the days of buying a car in some other state and it not being compliant in California are over. You could buy a Mercury Monarch at a dealer in Cleveland and the same in San Diego and the CA one would have a “California Emissions” cert.

Hey gents, apologize for the laziness. I dropped off around page 200 after getting my deposit refunded. Still very interested in the car (Canada) and wondering where things are at now?

Will there be a sportier V6 manual version down the line to buy or the FE 2.0 the only chance?

Cheers and apologies again for not taking the time to sift through another 46 pages

Will there be a sportier V6 manual version down the line to buy or the FE 2.0 the only chance?
We can’t even tell you if a CARB certified NA FE1.0 will be on the continent within the next 6 weeks, much less tell you with any certainty if Lotus will make another version.
Your guess is as good as anyone’s. Flip a coin and let the coin decide.

Hey gents, apologize for the laziness. I dropped off around page 200 after getting my deposit refunded. Still very interested in the car (Canada) and wondering where things are at now?

Cheers and apologies again for not taking the time to sift through another 46 pages
Doubt it but I do have a deposit on the final V6 Manual run whenever that happens.

Ill have to get a feel for the tires, i got the sports tires. We usually dont see much snow here.

Also do you really think they would stop production world wide for slow shifting? Lotus has been shipping cars out with known issues with the V6 that are much more detrimental. I suspect something else.
Not even the fact that you’ll have ZERO traction in the snow, but rather that the colder temps approaching freezing can damage summer tires. Different compound that can develop cracking if frozen thawed repeat. First order of business for you to get a dedicated set of winter tires.

Not even the fact that you’ll have ZERO traction in the snow, but rather that the colder temps approaching freezing can damage summer tires. Different compound that can develop cracking if frozen thawed repeat. First order of business for you to get a dedicated set of winter tires.
Not sure which SS will actually be delivered with the car but generally anything under 40 they make crack and they won’t be warrantied. So yeah definitely should not be driven in cold temps. Although first order for us will be getting a bit wider tires so my wife doesn’t curb the rims…

I love that cars are on boats - but nobody knows what car or who the car belongs too...and we are going to try and get VIN information, but we don't know how or when. This will be fun when my Emira breaks down and I need a part - Lotus will send a bunch of parts, and when they arrive, we will sort thru them to determine if the part I need has been included. This is going to be a tremendous ownership experience, I can feel it.

FWIW - One of my track buddies is friends with Lotus’ former North American rep that drove the first Evora all across the country to the dealers for demos. This guy is still close with folks at Lotus corporate and told my friend to tell me that the goal is for all North American FE 1.0 Emiras to be released to dealers on January 1.

FWIW - One of my track buddies is friends with Lotus’ former North American rep that drove the first Evora all across the country to the dealers for demos. This guy is still close with folks at Lotus corporate and told my friend to tell me that the goal is for all North American FE 1.0 Emiras to be released to dealers on January 1.
Released to dealers (while a step forward and added certainty that NA won't be forgotten) is still a crucial step away from "allowed to be sold to clients". I'm just wondering where some of these dealers will store these cars. The dealer I bought from has a show room full of Ferraris and Lambos (They are not moving those), and little to no other storage space. I'm guessing they will just have 20 Emiras hanging out in the parking lot of the next door Marriott.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back