USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1, 11, 60, 700 … these dealers are really just making shit up aren’t they?

In all fairness Lotus probably told them to make shit up to make the customers happy.

Looks like ALL N/A and NON China I4's have been delayed till Summer...The other thread is going bonkers. I feel really bad for them.

img_1861-jpeg.33642

Looks like ALL N/A and NON China I4's have been delayed till Summer...The other thread is going bonkers. I feel really bad for them.

img_1861-jpeg.33642
How do we know this includes NA I4s? It's more logical that they are delaying I4 for UK to build the ones for NA so that they can meet fleet emissions averages.

How do we know this includes NA I4s? It's more logical that they are delaying I4 for UK to build the ones for NA so that they can meet fleet emissions averages.
I would assume that UK gets theirs first as the certification process is different. Im not a prospective I4 owner, so maybe some I4 deposit holders can chime in?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow idiots still waiting on this car! Let's hope the news out of Glenview is a turkey day miracle.

Given Lotus' promise of delivering a NA car in December, and the rapidly increasing rate of posts in this thread, I predict we'll hit 300 pages simultaneously with that first delivery. Both are worthy goals. Carry on.

I would assume that UK gets theirs first as the certification process is different. Im not a prospective I4 owner, so maybe some I4 deposit holders can chime in?

I wouldn't assume this. First, the number of I4 buyers is fewer than V6, so Lotus is already making money sales in the UK on existing V6 sales. Their biggest desire is to start selling cars in the US, which some have guessed includes delivery of I4s at the same time as V6s in order to meet fleet averages. If this is true (others can correct this assumption if it's not true), then Lotus would want to prioritize I4 delivery to the NA market first.

I wouldn't assume this. First, the number of I4 buyers is fewer than V6, so Lotus is already making money sales in the UK on existing V6 sales. Their biggest desire is to start selling cars in the US, which some have guessed includes delivery of I4s at the same time as V6s in order to meet fleet averages. If this is true (others can correct this assumption if it's not true), then Lotus would want to prioritize I4 delivery to the NA market first.

Possibly, we will see! I am just hoping to get my V6 by the end of December.

Possibly, we will see! I am just hoping to get my V6 by the end of December.
Yea, same. I don't care if it gets delivered in the dead of winter. I'm driving it every day that's above 45 degrees.

As an I4 European buyer I confirm that the delay is general, it does not only affect UK units. (My reservation done on Spain Nov 2022)

I have "the call" from my salesman this morning and they are taking to a 6 month delay for WorldWide I4, also says that the waiting list for a new i4 reservation is 18 months.

He also urged me to let him know if any other customer (including China) received an I4, as they had been promised by Lotus that none would be delivered.

Of course you can believe these last words or not, but believe me the salesman was much less happy than I was with the news.

Last edited:
As an I4 European buyer I confirm that the delay is general, it does not only affect UK units. (My reservation done on Spain Nov 2022)

I have "the call" from my salesman this morning and they are taking to a 6 month delay for WorldWide I4, also says that the waiting list for a new i4 reservation is 18 months.

He also urged me to let him know if any other customer (including China) received an I4, as they had been promised by Lotus that none would be delivered.

Of course you can believe these last words or not, but believe me the salesman was much less happy than I was with the news.
I wonder what kind of issue they were running into? Seems its nothing federal/carb related since its worldwide...Anyone have any ides? Bad motors? IT? software/hardware failures?

That's interesting. I'm not sure what to think, then. The I4 reviews that were published pretty much only pointed to the slow-shifting DCT as a main issue. Maybe they are working with Mercedes to resolve that? I can't think of any other reasons why they would delay building the I4 worldwide.

Yea, same. I don't care if it gets delivered in the dead of winter. I'm driving it every day that's above 45 degrees.
Serious question, why above 45?
Goodyears ?
Id have thought they can run a little lower

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back