• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Serious question, why above 45?
Goodyears ?
Id have thought they can run a little lower
Yea, just don't want to get in trouble with traction. Below 45 is a little dicey for summer tires like the F1 SS, similar to Pilot Sport 4S and other summer tires.

Yea, just don't want to get in trouble with traction. Below 45 is a little dicey for summer tires like the F1 SS, similar to Pilot Sport 4S and other summer tires.

Ill have to get a feel for the tires, i got the sports tires. We usually dont see much snow here.

Also do you really think they would stop production world wide for slow shifting? Lotus has been shipping cars out with known issues with the V6 that are much more detrimental. I suspect something else.

That's interesting. I'm not sure what to think, then. The I4 reviews that were published pretty much only pointed to the slow-shifting DCT as a main issue. Maybe they are working with Mercedes to resolve that? I can't think of any other reasons why they would delay building the I4 worldwide.

I Really do not know what to think about this... they were delivering many 400hp I4 to China.

Can only imagine that:

1) I4 manufacturing prices has raise up so much that they try to reduce reservations with closed prices.
2) many cars have many warranty repairs making it less profitable.

Can't imagine that UE regulators give them more problems with the AMG 2.0 engine that with the 3.5 Toyota's.

I do not know, and seems also the salersmans... mine was really upset that Lotus did not give them any reason.

I wouldn't assume this. First, the number of I4 buyers is fewer than V6, so Lotus is already making money sales in the UK on existing V6 sales. Their biggest desire is to start selling cars in the US, which some have guessed includes delivery of I4s at the same time as V6s in order to meet fleet averages. If this is true (others can correct this assumption if it's not true), then Lotus would want to prioritize I4 delivery to the NA market first.
If that happens then I’m out. Will sell my Evora as well.
Then find myself a GT3

I Really do not know what to think about this... they were delivering many 400hp I4 to China.

Can only imagine that:

1) I4 building prices has raise up so much that they try to reduce reservations with closed prices.
2) many cars have many warranty repairs making it less profitable.

Can't imagine that UE regulators give them more problems with the AMG 2.0 engine that with the 3.5 Toyota's.

I do not know, and seems also the sealersmans... mine was really upset that Lotus did not give them any reason.
Sorry to hear that.

If that happens then I’m out. Will sell my Evora as well.
Then find myself a GT3
Why would you be out if they prioritize US for I4 deliveries? Just curious.

MV5BNzI3N2RhNTEtMGJlZC00ZTY4LWFhNDMtZjFjOTFhNzliZjYwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc4NTExMTk@._V1_.jpg
Perhaps he has heard that the Emira boot gets hot enough
to slow roast contents?

Ill have to get a feel for the tires, i got the sports tires. We usually dont see much snow here.

Also do you really think they would stop production world wide for slow shifting? Lotus has been shipping cars out with known issues with the V6 that are much more detrimental. I suspect something else.
It's a possibility since the engine/transmission and all associated control units come from Mercedes. Lotus may be pausing production so that Mercedes can assess the issue and make any changes - which may require more than a software/firmware reflash. A slow-shifting DCT may be okay for the A/CLA/GLA45(s) because those cars are for sh!ts and giggles mostly, but for a Lotus, where people are chasing precision and responsiveness, it may no longer be good enough.

For some reason this idea bothers me, and I'm not exactly sure why. On the surface this is normally what would be done, but I just have this feeling there's something different going on here, and it wouldn't be beneficial to remove him. What I think would be good is to take the responsibility of communication and PR off his plate (which it looks like they may have done that), and let him focus on just the cars and manufacturing processes. The plant went from an original projected goal of what, 22 cars a day? or something like that, and they're now producing 40 cars a day. That's really good for Lotus Hethel, and even with that increased output we're seeing fewer and fewer complaints about issues with the cars.

On top of that, building out the new facility that's planned for production of the Type 135 is going to absorb a lot of time and attention. My personal view would be to let him focus on production, and have others handle the dealers, PR and communications. I suppose we'll see how Geely feels about it soon enough.
I think one could've made a strong enough case based purely on the failed North American deliveries so far, but given these latest i4 delays that have just been announced, I think it's pretty clear to see now that Lotus Cars needs a new Managing Director.

I was googling Chinese Emira delivery discussions and found this video of a delivery experience:

I was googling Chinese Emira delivery discussions and found this video of a delivery experience:

I wonder if my delivery will match that experience? I do however believe my dealer will do some cool stuff.

That's interesting. I'm not sure what to think, then. The I4 reviews that were published pretty much only pointed to the slow-shifting DCT as a main issue. Maybe they are working with Mercedes to resolve that? I can't think of any other reasons why they would delay building the I4 worldwide.
Is this something a software update could change? The shift behavior.

Cant believe you guys have been waiting for almost three years for this car. I sent my allocation May 2023, finalized August 2023 for a FE V6 auto 2.0.
Honestly I think the pandemic in the middle of all this skews the timing. It took me 18 months to get a GMC Cargo Van for business and that was ridiculous.

Is this something a software update could change? The shift behavior.
It really depends. There is a reason the 8G-DCT shifts the way it shifts and we don't know what design decisions were made. Let's remember that the transverse-mount configuration for the M139 was intended for the A/CLA/GLA front-biased platforms. Maybe they designed it to be compact and durable as primary goals rather than chase out maximum responsiveness. They chose a different transmission for the longitudinal-mount configuration in the new C63.

If this is indeed the reason, then it's actually a good indicator for them to delay further production, because that means it's something that can be fixed with time.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back