USA/Canada Delivery Thread

They can't sell the cars, maybe they will rent them out on Turo to help defer costs. ;)

Do we know anything about the extent of US/NA "First Edition" cars? They extended it once to "FE2" for the V6. With these delays for the V6 Auto and the I4/DCT - are they going to produce base V6 before the I4 FE? Or will they just add more "first edition" V6 manuals to fill the gap with higher spec cars?
If I was a betting man my money would be on not extending the FE models but that Base V6 manuals to be next in line.

Terrible news for anyone with an auto or i4. Lotus has been sitting on this info all the while collecting deposits. In fact they offered myself an i4 saying I would get it before a manual Emira.

A remarkable spectacle - If anyone has a non-refundable deposit I would be taking court action. It is simply shocking. Glad 500 "lucky" customers will be receiving their Emira's this spring. Wonder how many will end up on auto trader/BAT?

They can't sell the cars, maybe they will rent them out on Turo to help defer costs. ;)

Do we know anything about the extent of US/NA "First Edition" cars? They extended it once to "FE2" for the V6. With these delays for the V6 Auto and the I4/DCT - are they going to produce base V6 before the I4 FE? Or will they just add more "first edition" V6 manuals to fill the gap with higher spec cars?
Unlikely any base model to be delivered prior to Q1/2 of 2025. They may still launch the configurator to collect more deposits. It seems Lotus dealers like collecting non-refundable deposits and put in "firm" build orders to lock you in.... then string you along for a couple years.

So it sounds like the start of 500 cars are coming now, and those cannot be delivered until sometime in January (let's be honest, February). Would it be crazy to assume that FE2.0 V6 manual cars may start hitting by May?

So it sounds like the start of 500 cars are coming now, and those cannot be delivered until sometime in January (let's be honest, February). Would it be crazy to assume that FE2.0 V6 manual cars may start hitting by May?
My dealer (Atlanta) told me my FE 2.0 V6 manual will be here April/May 2024. He told me this about two months ago.

My dealer (Atlanta) told me my FE 2.0 V6 manual will be here April/May 2024. He told me this about two months ago.
That would be perfect to be honest. Going to Hethel for track time in April. Come back and then picking up the car would be perfect.

So is that included in the 93.500 or in addition?

They way it reads seems its part of MSRP

I have typically seen it as an addition to MSRP
Destination charge is not part of msrp.
Tax an extra as well and varies from state to state

I4 depositor here. I think next week marks 12 months of waiting. After depositing, I put a reminder on my phone's home screen for March 1, 2025, somewhat arbitrarily based on my best estimate at the time, that reads "Lotus Emira Delivery". I got an email from Galpin a few months ago asking me to lock in spec, citing a May 2024 - August 2024 delivery window. I never updated my reminder, though, figuring it would slip, and now it looks like March 1, 2025 is once again a good estimate, ha!

I think as of now, I am still "in". I have been loosely considering a Cayman or an M2 recently, but neither really excites me that much. That being said, if a decent spec V6 manual comes up in the used market over the next year, I will probably make a move. Given this news, I will just be following the depreciation thread instead of this one more closely, haha.

My Dealer (Maryland) informed me of the same (FE 2.0 V6 Manual delivery in April 2024) back in Aug 2023, but that was based on a Dec 2023 build, not sure if that is still the case.

If CARB is obtained in January and deliveries start , I would expect delivering 500 cars would take 2-3 months.

Once cars are delivered to North America (next wee) will they will immediately be delivered to the dealers for prep or would be stored at a central location until CARB is approved and then distributed to the dealers for prep. I presume Lotus would hold all cars at a central location until CARB approval is obtained to ensure no penalties. Maybe not.

Taking that into account, I think a FE 2.0 V6 manual delivery would be summer of 2024 (if prioritized over FE 1.0 V6 Auto). I do not see FE 1.0 or 2.0 specifically noted in dealer recap - just First Edition.

My Dealer (Maryland) informed me of the same (FE 2.0 V6 Manual delivery in April 2024) back in Aug 2023, but that was based on a Dec 2023 build, not sure if that is still the case.

If CARB is obtained in January and deliveries start , I would expect delivering 500 cars would take 2-3 months.

Once cars are delivered to North America (next wee) will they will immediately be delivered to the dealers for prep or would be stored at a central location until CARB is approved and then distributed to the dealers for prep. I presume Lotus would hold all cars at a central location until CARB approval is obtained to ensure no penalties. Maybe not.

Taking that into account, I think a FE 2.0 V6 manual delivery would be summer of 2024 (if prioritized over FE 1.0 V6 Auto). I do not see FE 1.0 or 2.0 specifically noted in dealer recap - just First Edition.
If all or majority of FE 1.0 V6 manuals have already been shipped then I would have to imagine FE 2.0 V6 manuals are next so ship or else what is the factory building for NA until “mid-summer” when they ship V6 auto and i4? It sounds like FE 2.0 V6 likely under production from now until March (final build slots) and then they will do the autos. If they are prioritizing manuals first I imagine the March builds could move up to February to fill previous auto build slots and the last of the FE 2.0 V6 manuals could ship by March…

We have a 2.0 on order. We were told originally May-June of next year. I was wondering the same thing given that it sounds like they are trying to keep colors together or same specs together to make it easier for builds.

I’ll be interested to see if there are 2.0s included if they were one of the original colors. This is a giant load of crap for people trying to figure out financing options to not know what is coming on the ship when obviously they Lotus has to know what they sent. This is silly. I’m sure with their high tech process it’s probably stored in an excel file. Apparently copy paste and send in an email is difficult.

If all or majority of FE 1.0 V6 manuals have already been shipped then I would have to imagine FE 2.0 V6 manuals are next so ship or else what is the factory building for NA until “mid-summer” when they ship V6 auto and i4? It sounds like FE 2.0 V6 likely under production from now until March (final build slots) and then they will do the autos. If they are prioritizing manuals first I imagine the March builds could move up to February to fill previous auto build slots and the last of the FE 2.0 V6 manuals could ship by March…

That only gives me like 4 months to get the clutch changed in the Corvette and convince my wife things broke while I was changing it so I need to add some upgrades.

We have a 2.0 on order. We were told originally May-June of next year. I was wondering the same thing given that it sounds like they are trying to keep colors together or same specs together to make it easier for builds.

I’ll be interested to see if there are 2.0s included if they were one of the original colors. This is a giant load of crap for people trying to figure out financing options to not know what is coming on the ship when obviously they Lotus has to know what they sent. This is silly. I’m sure with their high tech process it’s probably stored in an excel file. Apparently copy paste and send in an email is difficult.
Yeah. I’m trying to figure out when to sell other cars, because in MO you can use the sale of one car to offset the sales tax of another, but I think they have to be sold within a few months of the purchase. So trying to figure out timing and save a few grand on sales tax.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back