• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I’ve seen quite a few YouTube reviews of the auto lately, and in particular the V6 auto - it seems to be sluggish to shift and potentially glitching. In a very recent one they couldn’t get a 0-60 time anywhere close to published and slower than the manual. I wonder if without admitting it their autos need a bit more time in the oven?

Wasn't it Gator Motor Sports that said the cars had to go through customs first and that was 1 to 2 weeks. The question I am asking is what would be the average time an import vehicle would take from port to dealer showroom ready for customer pickup? If that's a month, then is an extra 4 weeks really critical? I am not saying 2 months isn't a problem, this is my first experience with this so I am just genuinely interested.

If the port is east coast how do they transfer it to the west coast? Truck or train?
They use drivers, that way your car is already run in 🙃

As predicted, Lotus took down the ad for the Emissions Cert Engineer:
1701192640784.png

(I suspect the position has not been filled, but they decided to stop airing their dirty laundry in public)

Spoke to boardwalk, and all seems true. Should see carb by January. Lol. *Keyword should. However got some pretty good info regarding residuals. Apparently they found out residuals are really high between 60-70%. Final numbers from Lotus should be out soon. Might be a good idea to lease this baby with all the quirks and bugs for f1.0 or f2.0. Might net positive equity if plan to keep with all the shortage and wait

Spoke to boardwalk, and all seems true. Should see carb by January. Lol. *Keyword should. However got some pretty good info regarding residuals. Apparently they found out residuals are really high between 60-70%. Final numbers from Lotus should be out soon. Might be a good idea to lease this baby with all the quirks and bugs for f1.0 or f2.0. Might net positive equity if plan to keep with all the shortage and wait

Surprised by the 60-70% residual -- certainly makes leasing more appealing. But I'm hoping this is a forever car for me.

If I recall, the Evora was $2200 for destination, so not crazy off to see $2300
Did the Evora get delivered with covered transport? I hope the Emira's goods aren't flapping in the wind while wearing those G-string coverings.

NEW info:
1. dealers can access VIN numbers on the ship;
2. Glenview is more optimistic than Gator. Gator expects end of Jan for CARB approval, Glenview expects early/mid Jan.
I am going to call my dealer (Bellevue) and figure out if my car is on the ship...

I was relaying word for word what was stated in yesterday's conference.

We've just received word that 25 Emira are currently en route to the U.S. for our dealership. This did include a few V6 Manual "FE 2.0" orders.

I wish all Lotus dealers were as accurate and informative as Gator have been in this whole process.

Still havent heard a peep from mine.

Inter
I was relaying word for word what was stated in yesterday's conference.

We've just received word that 25 Emira are currently en route to the U.S. for our dealership. This did include a few V6 Manual "FE 2.0" orders.
Interesting! What's the logic of delivering FE 2.0 manual cars before FE 1.0?