• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

That was me. 🤣 I am not sure what Lotus is doing. I thought it made sense because the dealer takes ownerships of cars sent to them. Maybe that's not happening in this case?
Well, at least we get to stare at them for a few weeks 😅

On a side note; my dealer said my FE 1.0 is not on the ship out of the 4 they are receiving. I have magma red, so I wonder if the batches are coming in colors or if mine is just on the next ship that hasn't loaded yet.

Here we go…
Also, this part made me laugh. 😄

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 2.33.26 PM.png

I'm curious how many people on here would invest in Lotus the company, given what we've seen over the past 2 years?

View attachment 33860
I'm curious how many people on here would invest in Lotus the company, given what we've seen over the past 2 years?
Zero chance. New automotive stocks are ruthless and on top of that they are going through this with a SPAC. That alone worries me about the future of Lotus altogether. Very few companies have come out of a SPAC successful and in automotive most have either gone under, or are on the verge of going under. Just look up how the PSNY Polestar SPAC went and they are far more set up for success over Lotus.

I do feel bad for anyone that does invest in the Lotus IPO.

Hope this helps clarify where Destination Charge is included in your purchase price... See the attached image. Starting price at the top, cost options listed, destination charge, then Total MSRP at the bottom. Total MSRP is the price you pay. This is a factory window sticker (Monroney label) from an Evora GT.

Screenshot.png

Well I'm OUT! Just spoke to my SA and he confirmed that no I4 will see NA delivery until 2025 and he's not sure "when" in 2025. My order was sold as a December 2023 build and first quarter 2024 delivery. Besides the more than an additional year wait the horror stories about issues has pushed me over the edge. What a travesty!

View attachment 33860
I would invest in them. Can't be worse than Bitcoin. Let's say all the NA cars just have "normal" issues. People seeing these on the streets won't have the psychological damage that forum members have. And someone just posted about test driving an Electre and how good it was. Now how much to invest is the question...

I would invest in them. Can't be worse than Bitcoin. Let's say all the NA cars just have "normal" issues. People seeing these on the streets won't have the psychological damage that forum members have. And someone just posted about test driving an Electre and how good it was. Now how much to invest is the question...
Good luck 👍. SPACs are an easy way for investors and C-level to quickly dump their shares at decent prices on retail investors who don’t know how to invest. Hence why almost all SPACs crash.

Good luck 👍. SPACs are an easy way for investors and C-level to quickly dump their shares at decent prices on retail investors who don’t know how to invest. Hence why almost all SPACs crash.

I am money market all the way. The interest I earn on my funds pays my monthly mortgage. I am super happy to earn a low, but constant %. I have other investments that I am risky with, but the majority goes straight into my money market.

It's a high risk but potentially high reward investment. I get it.

I am not too crazy about car manufacturers long-term in general. If they do nail self driving - and they will eventually, then car sharing is going to be much more financially attractive than car ownership. Young people already don't particularly care for cars. They like living in urban environments, and generally like to rent/consume things rather than own them.

What exactly are the excuses … er … I mean 'supply chain constraints' for the I4 ?
Since it's supposedly a global issue, that would have to be the engine/trans from Mercedes I would think. That's the big difference between the V6 and i4 cars.