• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I still chuckle throughout the day remembering how everyone overnight became CARB experts and tried to convince everyone it would be illegal for the vehicles to leave the ports without the certifications. I'll miss these conversations.
Agreed! I got shit-bagged on here a week or so ago for saying that my dealer suggested that the cars could leave port and stay at the dealership, provided that the cars were not released to customers until CARB certification.

I’m happy we are getting some high quality updates. Sorry for the auto / i4 deposit holders, however. That’s grim.

My dealer confirmed they will store the car indoors. So as far as I’m concerned, I’ll get it sometime in January. All ppf’d and ready to go…

Another very tin foil theory is that the V6 supply from Toyota is finite and what they have are the last of them, which they offered final supply by doing FE 2.0 to get them out of the way. And, base will only be offered in i4.

Agreed! I got shit-bagged on here a week or so ago for saying that my dealer suggested that the cars could leave port and stay at the dealership, provided that the cars were not released to customers until CARB certification.
My bad.

Another very tin foil theory is that the V6 supply from Toyota is finite and what they have are the last of them, which they offered final supply by doing FE 2.0 to get them out of the way. And, base will only be offered in i4.
BIG, if true.

Zero chance. New automotive stocks are ruthless and on top of that they are going through this with a SPAC. That alone worries me about the future of Lotus altogether. Very few companies have come out of a SPAC successful and in automotive most have either gone under, or are on the verge of going under. Just look up how the PSNY Polestar SPAC went and they are far more set up for success over Lotus.

I do feel bad for anyone that does invest in the Lotus IPO.
The whole 'add lightness' thing can extend to your wallet

Not likely, IMO. Toyota is too big with vehicles in too many markets to just quit that motor cold turkey. Even after the last vehicle using that motor on planet earth leaves the last production line, I believe Toyota will likely produce quantities of that motor (or the components to assemble complete motors) for a minimum of 6 to 10 years.

The GM at Lotus Cape Fear reached out to me this evening to let me know that my Emira is "on the water" and that once it arrives to port, it will be brought to the dealership and stored inside until CARB certification is completed.

I inquired how many he was expecting to arrive to the dealership, and (I believe) he told me 8 total units, with 7 being FE1's and one being the store's demo unit.

It's real, y'all. The wait has been quite an experience, but -- at least for us early depositors - - the end is in sight.....I can't believe a few days ago there were people saying Lotus was going to abandon the NA market. 🤣

The GM at Lotus Cape Fear reached out to me this evening to let me know that my Emira is "on the water" and that once it arrives to port, it will be brought to the dealership and stored inside until CARB certification is completed.

I inquired how many he was expecting to arrive to the dealership, and (I believe) he told me 8 total units, with 7 being FE1's and one being the store's demo unit.

It's real, y'all. The wait has been quite an experience, but -- at least for us early depositors - - the end is in sight.....I can't believe a few days ago there were people saying Lotus was going to abandon the NA market. 🤣

I unfortunately didn’t make the cut at Cape Fear for the initial shipment of cars ‘on the water’ currently. I’m in the first few FE 2.0 allocations at the store with scheduled production in December. Enjoy visiting your car when it arrives!! Exciting times!

JUST GOT THIS IN MY INBOX:

Dear First Edition Emira Depositors:

Today, Lotus formally announced several delays that affect certain variants of the First Edition Emiras. Those most affected are the Supercharged V6 models with Automatic Transmissions and the Turbocharged I4's.

We know this is not the news any of you wish to receive but our commitment to transparency is unchanged. While some information is still being released, please allow us to dispense with most of the formalities and get you the facts as close to "real-time" as possible. This information comes directly from Lotus.

Manual First Edition V6 Models
The final step in the vehicle delivery process to US Lotus Dealers is EPA Certification. California vehicles are subject to additional standards regulated by the California Air Resources Board [CARB]. CARB Certification is expected by the end of January which means we will be able to deliver nearly all 2024 Model Year First Edition V6 Manual Emiras to their rightful owners by the end of February.

Automatic First Edition V6 Models
These vehicles, also subject to their own specific CARB Certification, will be delivered in mid-2024. As the date approaches we expect to have more firm ETA's which we will share as soon as they become available. These Emiras will be Model Year 2025, badged First Editions, and will be price-protected at their current pricing.

I4 First Edition Models
Candidly, this is the most affected group. These delays are also due to supply chain issues which have hindered the Norfolk manufacturing plant as well as our engine partner. Deliveries for the Turbocharged AMG Emira Variant will commence in 2025, will remain badged First Editions, and will be price-protected at their current pricing. We are currently working with Lotus to secure additional V6 Allocations should some of you wish to switch to the V6 power plant.

One thing we can be certain of is that the Emira will be worth the wait. Incredible reviews continue to populate the automotive community including this one from Jay Leno.

We understand this could be an inconvenience, especially to those intending to use your Emira as a primary vehicle. If you are affected in this regard, please let us know as we have several short-term vehicle options available that may help to bridge the gap between now and the arrival of your new Lotus.

In the words of the late Bert Boeckmann, "Our sole purpose is to serve our customers." We can't thank you enough for your continued support, patience, and understanding as we navigate the certification, production, and release of this incredible sports car. The entire Galpin Lotus Team remains here to assist you.

Sincerely,

Jack Ribakoff

Unless, of course, you’re an early depositor with an AT config.

I am repeating myself here. If anyone speaks to their dealer, please ask about BASE allocations and when the configurator might be open. We just had a popular forum member cancel. I know it would be mostly speculation but they deserve something too. Just trying to use our collective power to help each other hold on.

Spoke to boardwalk, and all seems true. Should see carb by January. Lol. *Keyword should. However got some pretty good info regarding residuals. Apparently they found out residuals are really high between 60-70%. Final numbers from Lotus should be out soon. Might be a good idea to lease this baby with all the quirks and bugs for f1.0 or f2.0. Might net positive equity if plan to keep with all the shortage and wait
60-70% for what period of time...?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back