• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I am money market all the way. The interest I earn on my funds pays my monthly mortgage. I am super happy to earn a low, but constant %. I have other investments that I am risky with, but the majority goes straight into my money market.
Give me your recommendations. I make poor stock decisions lol

Hoegh London is delayed until tomorrow. There are several ships docking at Baltimore in the next few days that have called at Southampton, UK in mid November.

Sometimes it's good to have perspective on our wait... I put in $2.5K 2.5 years ago. It's WAY better than $250K 6 years ago.

Interesting. So 4 years after Elon shows their proof of concept roadster and starts taking deposits of at least $50k, Matt Windle shows the Emira proof of concept and the deposit is either $2.5k or $5k depending on the dealer (in the U.S.). 2 years later, Elon has yet to show any of his $250k roadsters running anywhere, while Matt's been shipping Emira's all year, and 500 of them are on their way to the U.S.

Has Matt done everything perfectly? No, but at least he's delivering on his promise to make and deliver the Emira, which is ultimately what we put our deposits down for, regardless of whatever else has or hasn't happened. And the reviews are that the Emira is a blast to drive and well worth it. After waiting 2 1/2 years, I'm still in and looking forward to receiving mine sometime in the next 90 days.

So does anyone on here have one that is about to arrive in USA?
Yeah, me. My car is in the group of 49 cars that Park Place in Bellevue is receiving. I've asked my sales guy to send me a pic of it when it arrives there, so I can at least see it. I know I know... it'll be "soon" lol. What a journey we've all been on.

JUST GOT THIS IN MY INBOX:

Dear First Edition Emira Depositors:

Today, Lotus formally announced several delays that affect certain variants of the First Edition Emiras. Those most affected are the Supercharged V6 models with Automatic Transmissions and the Turbocharged I4's.

We know this is not the news any of you wish to receive but our commitment to transparency is unchanged. While some information is still being released, please allow us to dispense with most of the formalities and get you the facts as close to "real-time" as possible. This information comes directly from Lotus.

Manual First Edition V6 Models
The final step in the vehicle delivery process to US Lotus Dealers is EPA Certification. California vehicles are subject to additional standards regulated by the California Air Resources Board [CARB]. CARB Certification is expected by the end of January which means we will be able to deliver nearly all 2024 Model Year First Edition V6 Manual Emiras to their rightful owners by the end of February.

Automatic First Edition V6 Models
These vehicles, also subject to their own specific CARB Certification, will be delivered in mid-2024. As the date approaches we expect to have more firm ETA's which we will share as soon as they become available. These Emiras will be Model Year 2025, badged First Editions, and will be price-protected at their current pricing.

I4 First Edition Models
Candidly, this is the most affected group. These delays are also due to supply chain issues which have hindered the Norfolk manufacturing plant as well as our engine partner. Deliveries for the Turbocharged AMG Emira Variant will commence in 2025, will remain badged First Editions, and will be price-protected at their current pricing. We are currently working with Lotus to secure additional V6 Allocations should some of you wish to switch to the V6 power plant.

One thing we can be certain of is that the Emira will be worth the wait. Incredible reviews continue to populate the automotive community including this one from Jay Leno.

We understand this could be an inconvenience, especially to those intending to use your Emira as a primary vehicle. If you are affected in this regard, please let us know as we have several short-term vehicle options available that may help to bridge the gap between now and the arrival of your new Lotus.

In the words of the late Bert Boeckmann, "Our sole purpose is to serve our customers." We can't thank you enough for your continued support, patience, and understanding as we navigate the certification, production, and release of this incredible sports car. The entire Galpin Lotus Team remains here to assist you.

Sincerely,

Jack Ribakoff
I'm at the same dealer and did not receive anything. You would think if they were going to send something out they would send it to all of us.

Do you have a FE 1.0 or 2.0 allocation?
Early on the 2.0 list with an order submitted that I was told was April-June delivery. So that obviously isn't happening anymore considering I ordered an auto. It would be nice for some communication from them letting me know that.

No emails from my dealer yet. Guess I will be patient and wait a bit longer.

No emails from my dealer yet. Guess I will be patient and wait a bit longer.
I emailed my sales person late last night. I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm trying to be patient and not just call him today since I already emailed.

Ordered from Charlotte. They confirmed they are only receiving FE 1.0s in this round so no-go for me.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back