• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So my dealer informed me that I have a VIN and my car should be arriving soon if not already into Baltimore. Another interesting note... they claim that Lotus will be holding all CARB requiring states to be held at Baltimore until CARB has been given... then they will be released for dealer transport. Anyone else hear that?
We heard the opposit. Did these dealers not all go to the same briefings?

Well folks it's been a journey, but I'm officially out. Found an alternative I just couldn't pass up. (hint: 10 cylinders, 8000rpm) There will be a red/tan for sale on the floor at Bellevue as soon as CARB paperwork is complete, fresh out of PDI.

We heard the opposit. Did these dealers not all go to the same briefings?
Can the guys who confirmed a VIN and car at dealer indicate if they are a CARB state? My dealer in NJ has not shared much, I think maybe because they are a CARB state?

Well folks it's been a journey, but I'm officially out. Found an alternative I just couldn't pass up. (hint: 10 cylinders, 8000rpm) There will be a red/tan for sale on the floor at Bellevue as soon as CARB paperwork is complete, fresh out of PDI.
Best of luck to you.

So my dealer informed me that I have a VIN and my car should be arriving soon if not already into Baltimore. Another interesting note... they claim that Lotus will be holding all CARB requiring states to be held at Baltimore until CARB has been given... then they will be released for dealer transport. Anyone else hear that?
Totally incorrect info from your dealership all car will be delivered to the dealership and held there until CARB is approved

You're out NOW, when we're almost at the end??? 😆 Damn, they're dropping like flies around here...

But in all seriousness, congrats to you! Hard to argue with 10 cylinders and 8k RPM. Don't we get a sneak peek at this new mistress that stole your heart away from the Emira?

Can the guys who confirmed a VIN and car at dealer indicate if they are a CARB state? My dealer in NJ has not shared much, I think maybe because they are a CARB state?
I’m not in a CARB state. But when they get the cars they can’t release them till CARB is approved.

You're out NOW, when we're almost at the end??? 😆 Damn, they're dropping like flies around here...

But in all seriousness, congrats to you! Hard to argue with 10 cylinders and 8k RPM. Don't we get a sneak peek at this new mistress that stole your heart away from the Emira?
I have always been a big fan of irony. And my inner pessimist says there are still a few ways Lotus can screw things up before delivery. I'm not getting any younger, and a bull in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, or something.

They refunded your "non-refundable" deposits? I'm with Bellevue and have $15k locked-in with them between my two deposits. I don't plan to cancel this close to the end, but would be interesting and cool of them to actually have the integrity to allow you to dip out without penalty.

They refunded your "non-refundable" deposits? I'm with Bellevue and have $15k locked-in with them between my two deposits. I don't plan to cancel this close to the end, but would be interesting and cool of them to actually have the integrity to allow you to dip out without penalty.
No refund. My car will be on consignment for break-even pricing.

No refund. My car will be on consignment for break-even pricing.
Interesting. Asking msrp? Dealer going to take a %? Or will that be built into the price? I'm fairly certain you can command a small premium for the car.

Now that the delivery of North American cars is imminent, Has anyone developed a delivery checklist of things that we should look for or items to be included with the car?
Not a list of problems/issues, but an itemized list of things we should look at or insure they are accounted for BEFORE we take delivery

Now that the delivery of North American cars is imminent, Has anyone developed a delivery checklist of things that we should look for or items to be included with the car?
Not a list of problems/issues, but an itemized list of things we should look at or insure they are accounted for BEFORE we take delivery
Yeah, @TomE has compiled a list in the first post of this thread, which I plan to refer once I see my car.

Great question. I'm sure some P-car guys are fighting the instinct to demand DME reports with overrev counts...

I'm thinking panel alignment, paint bubbling, interior scuffs/damage or mismatch, etc. I'm honestly leaning towards asking the dealer to not correct any exterior paint scratches or dirt, since I plan to have a reputable shop do a detail/PPF.

I may also ask/(pay if necessary) the dealer to do an alignment readout so I know where the car starts (sport suspension on mine).

Other than that, make sure Android connects and then try to get my pulse below 110 so I can enjoy the first drive!

Yeah, @TomE has compiled a list in the first post of this thread, which I plan to refer once I see my car.
I saw this list, Visual items can be looked at before signing. Some of these issues will not appear at delivery but after you live with it for a while. I was looking a delivery checklist. BEFORE you sign & drive away.

Has anyone yet inquired about bribery costs to release our cars prior to CARB cert? I'll be calling my dealer soon for quotes.

Going to be very curious how the sale goes.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back