• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So I take it no one in a carb state has gotten a VIN or confirmed that the car will be at their dealer available for "private viewing"?

I have always been a big fan of irony. And my inner pessimist says there are still a few ways Lotus can screw things up before delivery. I'm not getting any younger, and a bull in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, or something.

Who's your bull guy?

Now that the delivery of North American cars is imminent, Has anyone developed a delivery checklist of things that we should look for or items to be included with the car?
Not a list of problems/issues, but an itemized list of things we should look at or insure they are accounted for BEFORE we take delivery
1. Validate car is not hologram

Anyone have any predictions on depreciation in the US? Seems in the UK, a used Emira can be acquired for a ~20% discount to the current MSRP. Assuming a $107K purchase price, 20% depreciation puts a used price at ~$85k. If prices hit that level prior to i4 deliveries, will definitely end up cancelling in favor of picking up a used one.

Anyone have any predictions on depreciation in the US? Seems in the UK, a used Emira can be acquired for a ~20% discount to the current MSRP. Assuming a $107K purchase price, 20% depreciation puts a used price at ~$85k. If prices hit that level prior to i4 deliveries, will definitely end up cancelling in favor of picking up a used one.
My prediction is if you have an FE.1 you will not loose any money in next 12 months. its around $10K less than the FE.2
But I am not worried about depreciation. I bought it to keep not trade or sell.
All cars depreciate.
Not to upset anyone on the forum but why is depreciation such a big deal.

I think a few people might get over on flipping, but after that it'll stay flat-ish. Not sure you'll save money buying one used -- economy is strong but demand for sports cars is flat. Compare all the recent trends for comps on classic.com in the US for Emira competitors and you'll find I think that most are either flat or downward trend.

I think a few people might get over on flipping, but after that it'll stay flat-ish. Not sure you'll save money buying one used -- economy is strong but demand for sports cars is flat. Compare all the recent trends for comps on classic.com in the US for Emira competitors and you'll find I think that most are either flat or downward trend.
Adding on to Kitkat's statement about not saving money - if you are financing the rates for used cars are typically a few points higher as well. Might add up on a $100k vehicle.

So I take it no one in a carb state has gotten a VIN or confirmed that the car will be at their dealer available for "private viewing"?
CARB state here -my answer might be contradictory relative to your question (I don't yet have a VIN), but my dealer said that:

1) They'll let me know if my car is in one of these shipments (it really should be, I'm an FE 1.0 V6 manual buyer)
2) They have room for storing it indoors until certification and I can come look at it, as you put it, for "private viewing," once they get it

...so yeah, we're expecting dealers in CARB states to hold the cars until certification as opposed to the cars sitting at the ports until cert.

Anyone with a Naples order get any word from their salesperson yet? I'm at the late end of the FE1.0s so I'm staying patient but nothing yet

I started contacting some insurance companies for rates. However they don’t see the VIN in their systems. Same with the NHTSA VIN decoder.

Does the car have to physically pass customs for the VIN to be active in the US?

I started contacting some insurance companies for rates. However they don’t see the VIN in their systems. Same with the NHTSA VIN decoder.

Does the car have to physically pass customs for the VIN to be active in the US?

Good question, suppose I should contact my insurance provider. Although with the Cup tires I dont think I will be driving it until the nicer weather.

Compare all the recent trends for comps on classic.com
Never heard of this website before, thanks! I've been doing something similar by hand over the past few years for a few different cars that I care about.

I wonder how they get their data, and whether they also account for price drops?

Just saw this on facebook

407260023_10159846569077543_3003800957938399245_n.jpg

Anyone with a Naples order get any word from their salesperson yet? I'm at the late end of the FE1.0s so I'm staying patient but nothing yet
Yes I ordered from there I got confirmation yesterday. They are getting 60 that have already arrived at Baltimore I believe Monday.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back