• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I wish all Lotus dealers were as accurate and informative as Gator have been in this whole process.

Still havent heard a peep from mine.
Agreed, or just Lotus corporate assigning someone to do some very minimal PR work would be even more efficient.

I emailed my sales person late last night. I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm trying to be patient and not just call him today since I already emailed.
Just got an email back from my dealer. They said they'd look into it and get back to me soon.

Anyone from Canada get any communication yet?
No official comms yet, but I confirmed the details shared here with my sales guy. I think they’re working on messaging to customers. I have a locked in i4 FE allocation which won’t be delivered until 2025…

For the first time in this whole process, I kind of don't want to hear from the dealer in the next few days about my car specifically to say my car is in the first shipments that have to sit there for a few months.
My FE2.0 order at last update to be built Dec/Jan so not likely to be included.

For the first time in this whole process, I kind of don't want to hear from the dealer in the next few days about my car specifically to say my car is in the first shipments that have to sit there for a few months.
My FE2.0 order at last update to be built Dec/Jan so not likely to be included.
I feel the same way (1.0 manual). We are a hard crowd to please, aren't we?

Anyone at lotus Dallas confirmed with the vin? I'm a 2.0 build, and unsure if I'm just not in the first group or if people have a locked in car on the way.

I hope you guys enjoy your cars when they arrive - you've certainly waited long enough.

I've just done over 1,000 miles in mine now and it's an amazing car. Touch wood that I don't curse myself saying this - not a single fault to report.

Interesting. So 4 years after Elon shows their proof of concept roadster and starts taking deposits of at least $50k, Matt Windle shows the Emira proof of concept and the deposit is either $2.5k or $5k depending on the dealer...

Has Matt done everything perfectly? No,
Comparing with a worse example doesn't make something wrong, right.

So my dealer informed me that I have a VIN and my car should be arriving soon if not already into Baltimore. Another interesting note... they claim that Lotus will be holding all CARB requiring states to be held at Baltimore until CARB has been given... then they will be released for dealer transport. Anyone else hear that?

So my dealer informed me that I have a VIN and my car should be arriving soon if not already into Baltimore. Another interesting note... they claim that Lotus will be holding all CARB requiring states to be held at Baltimore until CARB has been given... then they will be released for dealer transport. Anyone else hear that?
Honestly no, my dealer said they will take the car and store it indoors until carb approval…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back